The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! I got the Equilibrium for some time ago and are trying to get into the settings and have a few questions. I loaded the...

Compa
replies: 19 views: 4,295
Saxnscratch 8th May 2019

Hi guys, I own Wavelab 9.5 and love the feature of watch folders. But I need it on the server and with USB dongle it limits my...

emery
replies: 2 views: 491
emery 8th May 2019

I was going to buy 32 tracks of RND mic pres ( either Shelfords or just simple Portico 5024) but they have the RMP-D8 which would...

neve1064
replies: 0 views: 505
neve1064 8th May 2019

Hi, I have experience in mastering for digital format. Now i want to take the next step and release a 4 tracker on vinyl....

datafeist
replies: 27 views: 1,566
AHM 7th May 2019

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 72 views: 7,535
rjb5191 7th May 2019

Check out this new EQ. Looks pretty interesting for mastering...

bcgood
replies: 70 views: 10,398
rjb5191 7th May 2019

In market for Transparent compressor before my Manley Variable Mu. Both compressors are considered to be Transparent. So whats...

amit monga
replies: 30 views: 2,731
wildplum 6th May 2019

Can anyone recommend a high quality patch bay for mastering? I was contemplating something like the SSL X-Patch but it doesn't...

Unsound
replies: 33 views: 8,686
Trakworx 6th May 2019

aloha can someone explain the exact difference between a limiter and a clipper? i believe to know what a limiter does heppy but...

miro
replies: 17 views: 12,852
Jim Williams 5th May 2019

hey folks! we recently released our first EP. 2 days ago it was finally available on Spotify too but when i listened to it i...

tape_attack!!!
replies: 21 views: 1,724
occam 4th May 2019

Hey fellas. In my hobby time tonight I have to do a quick master and I'd like any feedback on techniques for sweetening the...

traumerei1838
replies: 12 views: 3,471
Trakworx 3rd May 2019

Hi, Is there a spectrum analyzer that only measure the difference between 2 signals? So lets say: signal 1 -15...

Kamusica
replies: 12 views: 1,094
vze26m98 3rd May 2019

May I ask this question? I'm looking at some well-know commercial mastering services for their rate. One of them told me it...

troiontroi
replies: 29 views: 4,449
BIG BUDDHA 2nd May 2019

For the first time in a while, I've got an LA client who wants to release a vinyl LP. He's got a mastering engineer he likes,...

Brent Hahn
replies: 9 views: 709
7+1 1st May 2019

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 296 views: 66,687
ziggysane 30th April 2019

I thought I would try this out in the mastering section since many of you full time ME's have invested considerable scratch on...

engmix
replies: 9 views: 1,052
Jim Williams 30th April 2019

Hi guys, I want to get a monitoring/speaker system for doing mastering. I’ve been reading in this forum that a good entry...

mesqui01
replies: 20 views: 5,672
rwhitney 29th April 2019

What's the best way to distribute surround music these days? All the physical formats that had any traction (e.g., SACD, DVD-A,...

Resort Records
replies: 1 views: 626
Bob Olhsson 29th April 2019

I think it would be interesting to experiment with controllable phase shift of user definable frequency bands but I can't find a...

Trakworx
replies: 20 views: 2,878
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 29th April 2019

I'm in the market for a new AD/DA. And just as I'm about to settle on a Lynx Hilo, Apogee comes out with it's new...

TheMegaMan
replies: 27 views: 4,809
waldie wave 27th April 2019

Hello, does anyone know to whom to contact at Apple for being a MFiT approved engineer? Thanks...

LBuyuk
replies: 0 views: 628
LBuyuk 27th April 2019

Do you think that effort can migitate difference between "ITB" and "OTB"? Recently I've been back to trying...

soundmodel
replies: 66 views: 3,803
robert82 26th April 2019

I've got the Waves Abbey Road Vinyl plugin on the master of a couple of my tracks I'm sending to master. The mastering engineer...

Taragana
replies: 6 views: 1,423
Mastering7 26th April 2019

Hey there, Has anyone tried out the APP992 opamps as an alternate to say 2520 opamps? Just seeing if there was any noticeable...

Channel time
replies: 2 views: 1,490
Channel time 26th April 2019

So far I always tried to preserve a high sampling rate as long as possible when doing masters, so SRC is done after limiting...

uphonic
replies: 19 views: 1,502
jpanderson80 25th April 2019

Hi ! It’s time for me to find a perfect de-esser plugin for Mastering. Transparent De-essing and de-harshing are my main...

phaz
replies: 68 views: 8,900
E-Irizarry 24th April 2019

Hiya! So I'm sure you all know that youtube applies volume normalization to all the tracks, and most of the case the music is...

JamesZhan
replies: 37 views: 10,369
Naindurth 23rd April 2019

I found this restoration suite from Acon Digital. Restoration Suite | Noise Reduction Plug-ins It works very well and is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 857
Trakworx 23rd April 2019

Hello everyone! I have the Manley Vari Mu and API 2500 as my analog compressors, I'm happy with them. However, to have...

marcenavia
replies: 46 views: 6,589
macc 22nd April 2019

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 19 views: 3,943
AudioKemestry 22nd April 2019

I’m curious as to whether it’s common for the radio singles from a release to be mastered in their own right, specifically...

ollieneedham
replies: 9 views: 1,265
Bob Olhsson 19th April 2019

Is there still not a "versatile"/do-all compressor "topology"? Particularly, I've been trying to find an...

soundmodel
replies: 4 views: 819
zvukofor 18th April 2019

Anyone have experience with these? They are finally coming to the States. Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeakers Review & Test |...

Quantumphysics
replies: 0 views: 647
Quantumphysics 18th April 2019

I've recently had the opportunity to demo the MAAG EQ4M whilst my ageing NSEQ-2 standard has gone in for repair. Although as...

J_Flux
replies: 11 views: 2,805
Ben F 17th April 2019

Not trying to spark the usual tail chasing or armchair philosophizing that seems to always results from such topics, but suffice...

Apollo del Rio
replies: 41 views: 1,829
Apollo del Rio 17th April 2019

Hey, I just made a hiphop kind of track in Ableton. As i just got myself a Tascam 38 i obviously had to try bouncing it on...

hatty gersack
replies: 24 views: 1,447
Paul_G 17th April 2019

how wide stereo image of audio can be accept be pressing plant is it somes to vinyl ? are there any rules and safety...

cichy
replies: 16 views: 2,400
mcsnare 17th April 2019

Hoping this is the correct forum for this Q :) Those of you using a mix of digital and analog equipment in your...

JEL
replies: 29 views: 2,448
mattiasnyc 16th April 2019

Hello, I have an Adi-2 Pro and am currently considering a Crane Song HEDD Quantum so I can have two additional high quality...

moustachio
replies: 9 views: 1,247
JVFM 14th April 2019

I'm curious, how many of you actually use tape emulation when mastering? I auditioned the UAD ATR 102 last week and for the life...

Reverb
replies: 31 views: 2,383
JVFM 14th April 2019

Do you ever? If so, when, why, and how? I haven't found specific usage out of this methodology, but I would like to find...

theMuzzl3
replies: 25 views: 2,182
TanTan 13th April 2019

This free one LoudMax imo is better than iZotope Maximizer, Limiter 6 and any of the build in tools of Propellerhead Reason,...

Raaphorst
replies: 4 views: 1,141
johannburkard 12th April 2019

Did some of you work with the new Gyraf G21 in a mastering sessions?

priko
replies: 34 views: 6,034
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 11th April 2019

I'm trying to hear the difference between a WAV and MFiT file my Mastering Engineer provided me with of the same song - I can't...

trenten7
replies: 26 views: 3,091
Bob Olhsson 11th April 2019

Guys: This little free plug is great! Is there a paid plug that does the same but w/higher quality? Just wondering......

Claude G.
replies: 34 views: 7,218
blaugruen7 10th April 2019

I'm mixing and mastering my own work for an online series, and have come up against an issue in trying to get a sonic balance...

oboemaroni
replies: 4 views: 706
eternalsound 9th April 2019

I know all the streaming services are a bit different, but does anyone know if they account for volume for an Album on a song by...

JDN
replies: 3 views: 621
Trakworx 8th April 2019

Hey guys, I recently got my hands on a pair of Westlake BBSM-6 Monitors. I asked around and read on these forums, and decided...

MattPowell
replies: 13 views: 5,067
Hoyray 8th April 2019

What is best DAW for mastering in 2019 ? 1. Prism Sound Sadie 2. Steinberg Wavelab 3. Izotope Ozone 4. IK Multimedia...

toofanstudio
replies: 23 views: 3,063
Deleted 5af847e 8th April 2019

Hello! has anyone had a chance to compare Porter Grinder and HCL Thermos side by side? If yes - the pro and cons?...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 849
Labs 7th April 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search