The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everybody... I tried to snick this question in some other threads before but no one seemed interested enough so I decided to...

mata_haze
replies: 14 views: 8,875
Thermionic 5th January 2006

Hi, Question for anyone... I'm finishing up an album and will be mixing it in the next few days. I've been tracking digitally...

yourmomsp
replies: 2 views: 1,331
nathanvacha 4th January 2006

Do most mastering facilites want material in a dual mono format or a stereo interleaved file?????

mltamisin
replies: 10 views: 2,131
Brad Blackwood 24th December 2005

Hello all... I would love to get some advice on how some of you with mastering experience would chain up my modest/high end ...

loosejaw
replies: 0 views: 3,498
loosejaw 15th December 2005

I think we need this. Just a thought for the next big event.

7rojo7
replies: 0 views: 2,287
7rojo7 13th December 2005

i am tracking/producing a project in which i may invest in a summing mixer (eg., a nicerizer or...) when it's time to do the...

spherop
replies: 8 views: 4,005
jayfrigo 12th December 2005
replies: - views: -
BTP 29th November 2005

I've been looking over Ethan's DIY bass trap designs, and I trying to figure out what would be the best traps to go with would...

DeeDrive
replies: 21 views: 9,617
Anderson 22nd November 2005

Do you know any albums that were not mastered? Released without being send to a mastering engineer? And they still sound...

rodhmos
replies: 44 views: 8,340
archtop 18th November 2005

I'm working on putting together a mastering room, and trying to get all the acoustic treatment figured out. I'm pretty new at...

DeeDrive
replies: 6 views: 4,891
Ethan Winer 8th November 2005

Now we all now how to embed and read ISRC codes using Roxio Jam software, etc....but I had a client phone me asking why she...

kudzu
replies: 9 views: 9,671
castle 4th November 2005

hey guys.. i am not a professional musician or an engineer but it is my favorite hobby. The way i learned most of the things...

nuway1
replies: 8 views: 1,823
WEAPON_X 30th October 2005

Hi, I'm working on an album in my personal studio. Music style can be likened to aggressive rock. I really enjoy being able...

Bolt Thrower
replies: 14 views: 2,479
Darius van H 29th October 2005

I'm a little confused, I guess. I use Logic Audio. Let's say you start w/ a stereo mix file that's 24bit /...

bmsander
replies: 3 views: 2,209
Bob Olhsson 20th October 2005

Hello I need advice for making some master demos, I´m going to use samplidute for material I´m thinking to use the next...

powerestudio
replies: 7 views: 2,835
powerestudio 19th October 2005

ok here is the deal- right now i have a masterlink for mixdown and that is it. i am running pt le and a digi 002r on a...

maskedman72
replies: 7 views: 3,046
cdog 19th October 2005

Ok, now, i cannot afford to buy it all, i don't have a good room to mix or record in, but i mostly do synth based music any how....

Hexfix93
replies: 25 views: 3,801
Jay Kahrs 14th October 2005

So, I know we all hate the 'square waveform' school of mastering, and that none of us here would ever make something sound like...

max cooper
replies: 8 views: 1,830
max cooper 9th October 2005

Anyone here sent thier projects to Bob Katz for mastering? If so, how were the results? Thanks

TheReal7
replies: 7 views: 3,342
audiothings 2nd September 2005

If you could order up your own custom designed mastering plug in.. What hardware would it emulate / model..? Here is my...

Jules
replies: 24 views: 6,539
dave-G 31st August 2005

With all the L2's in use - or digital limiters... Does compression flavor really get a chance in mastering? Reason for...

Jules
replies: 15 views: 8,879
Riccardo 30th August 2005

I've been talking to mixing engineers to mix my stuff. They either don't want me to sit in, or to pay them $100 extra per hour to...

Lek
replies: 121 views: 10,270
alphajerk 7th August 2005

I've been starting to master some stuff and I'm looking for approaches, techniques, and gear suggestions that might help me tame...

Gravity8058
replies: 6 views: 3,099
Lou Judson 25th July 2005

how many db's of space are generally left on your pre-mastered cd tracks to give the mastering engineer room to do his thing?...

goldphinga
replies: 20 views: 4,230
lucey 1st July 2005

Any of you mastering gurus using reverb at the mastering stage? What circumstances would cause you to use it and how would you...

Kyle Ashley
replies: 7 views: 3,133
jayfrigo 30th June 2005

I know many of the top mastering engineers (and I mean like the huge biggies like Ted Jensen, Howie Weinberg, Tom Baker, Joe...

Analog
replies: 33 views: 8,351
Brad Blackwood 26th April 2005

I am mastering some of my own music through the finalizer. IM recording at 44k 24bit when I make my music then run it through the...

vaesion
replies: 8 views: 2,233
lucey 1st March 2005

I'm looking to outfit our B room with a decent set of tools for mastering. Any feedback on $4k -6k pairs of monitors that would...

Gravity8058
replies: 14 views: 10,475
Gravity8058 21st February 2005

Hello- My band has recently finished mixing our record on a 9000J SSL. The mixes sound great but i have noticed that on some...

pony
replies: 1 views: 1,879
thethrillfactor 6th February 2005

How much better sound the compr.(MD4) limiter.and the eq (GML) in the TC6000 than the plug- in in pro tools for instance (waves,...

Fortral
replies: 3 views: 4,158
salvator 1st February 2005

Do you have your own rig? Or do you use rooms in your town? What gear do you favor when mastering? Thanks! howdy

Jules
replies: 20 views: 4,178
zmix 20th January 2005

Hi, Will soon finish recording a solo classical guitar album. Could someone please recommend a good mastering house/engineer...

Douglas Whates
replies: 8 views: 4,355
lowland 9th August 2004

hello everyone, i'm not sure if i picked the right subset of gearslutz, so my apologies if i'm in the wrong place for...

genericperson
replies: 24 views: 17,574
barefoot 25th February 2004

Hey Guy's and Gals I have a record to do in the beginning of the year and I'm getting ready for it now as far as this...

M2E
replies: 29 views: 2,631
niccolo 16th December 2003

Is anyone still building 1/2" and 1/4". I had a look at Studer's website but they only do 2" these days (such a...

entropy
replies: 10 views: 3,474
CV7 25th November 2003

Hi there, would anyone here recommend those "audio engineering" schools? The reason why I ask is because none of my...

apogah
replies: 3 views: 3,179
Bob Olhsson 19th October 2003

In last months I had growing nr of discussions about mastering. Like in unisono, everyone looks pretty fed up with the only...

matucha
replies: 68 views: 8,940
toolstudio 15th October 2003

I'm working on a project right now and there's one song specifically that I want to be very dynamic. It's a song that consists...

e-cue
replies: 35 views: 5,831
Bob Olhsson 8th August 2003

Weiss vrs Zsys these both seem to be great EQ's i am shopping for a good mastering eq and keep finding my way to these.

box
replies: 21 views: 4,929
MIKEHARRIS 17th July 2003

I'm recording on nuendo and than send the virtual group busses to the desk and mix on the analog domain. when i want to mix down...

lowswing
replies: 20 views: 2,733
Alécio Costa 7th May 2003

I'm not one............I don't want to become one full time......(give it a crack though) Are you an engineer for a while, and...

Cape
replies: 6 views: 4,347
davemc 18th December 2002

i have been using prism sound mla-2 mastering compressor for mixing and mastering. i like it very much and it works very well...

nOiz
replies: 7 views: 5,779
thethrillfactor 2nd December 2002

Do folks see PT rigs in mastering suites nowadays?

Jules
replies: 13 views: 4,285
Jax 4th November 2002

guess it's gonna be demoed on aes...is it gonna be just a detented version of 8900? new features added?

nOiz
replies: 1 views: 2,645
etherize 30th September 2002

I'm taking my digi001 setup to mastering next wednesday. The project is very important to me so I want the mastering engineer...

planet red
replies: 16 views: 2,901
Jay Kahrs 21st September 2002

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search