The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi dear mastering people Although I give my best, I'd call myself an amateur in mastering. My chain looks like this (atm it's...

stardustmedia
replies: 20 views: 2,861
robot gigante 31st March 2006

This has to be the most busiest mastering forum out of all. I like it.

pingu
replies: 3 views: 1,425
stardustmedia 31st March 2006

All i have to use for mastering is SSL style comps. I find that unless its on the slowest attack, even at small GRs (.5 to...

Analog
replies: 2 views: 4,046
void 31st March 2006

Hey guys not sure if a question like this has been asked here or not, but I'm going to be mixing a solo piano album. basically...

Inner Light
replies: 6 views: 6,109
Cellotron 30th March 2006

I'm thinking of picking up a Universal Audio 2192 for recording and basement mastering. I've seen a few mastering studios that...

alberta_pete
replies: 32 views: 6,396
Bob Olhsson 30th March 2006

Hi all. This month´s SOS has a nice article about online mastering. They state that the costs are much lower and that the...

Dog_Chao_Chao
replies: 10 views: 3,439
bob katz 30th March 2006

I have heard this term mentioned several times already in this forum, but nobody has mentioned what it means specifically. Is it...

DontLetMeDrown
replies: 36 views: 4,155
Jose Mrochek 29th March 2006

Greetings Bob, Much of your advice on these great posts here make sense to me. I wanted to tell you about my specific...

echo unit
replies: 16 views: 4,176
RobR 29th March 2006

As I search the internet on Mastering Facilities, one thing becomes very apparent. We know that BESIDES the ME’s ears, the 2...

crna59
replies: 29 views: 3,790
max cooper 29th March 2006

how do you guys deal with hearing a compressor's attack at the top of a song or going from a soft passage to a loud one? i can...

drew
replies: 12 views: 3,425
bob katz 29th March 2006

I had someone bring in an instrumental so he could track his vocals that sounded like a cross between nickelback and creed. The...

RadioBox
replies: 8 views: 1,656
max cooper 29th March 2006

My ME said lets try stems this time... so the plan is to btd down to 4 stereo stems BUT I'm just finishing the first song and...

Earwitness
replies: 5 views: 1,399
lucey 29th March 2006

There's alot of talk about clipping converters...here's a question I have. Would there be any difference between cliping DA/AD.....

AnalogBob
replies: 16 views: 2,487
AnalogBob 28th March 2006

Do you request mm or stereo interleaved files for mastering.

dongle
replies: 4 views: 9,292
Cellotron 28th March 2006

Man this things pretty cool for mastering. Is there anything that can truly match it.

pingu
replies: 8 views: 3,080
Cellotron 28th March 2006

Hey there. I'm wondering if a mastering engineer can tell the difference as to when/how an album was mixed. Particularily -...

SparkyCanada
replies: 7 views: 2,469
DirkB 28th March 2006

What do me's use to monitor the mix and send throw the analog chain. I've heard of the muth console is used at stearling, anyone...

seb37000
replies: 2 views: 1,164
crna59 28th March 2006

hey slutz. I'm putting together a CD of all my favorite songs I produced. I'm only going to hand it out to bands that I'd like...

knerd
replies: 2 views: 2,219
DeeDrive 28th March 2006

What's a good (digital?) EQ for suppressing standing waves? It should have very small bands and I will only use cut, not...

Radiance
replies: 24 views: 4,561
Ethan Winer 27th March 2006

If Ren Comp won't work for mastering, what ITB do you all recommend?

tubesandteles
replies: 9 views: 2,856
pingu 27th March 2006

After my last thread about drums being "up" before a master, I've realized that not only is this not a good idea, but...

ChriGar
replies: 2 views: 2,492
bob katz 27th March 2006

what is the most used mastering comp and why? thanks

doogie
replies: 3 views: 2,458
robot gigante 27th March 2006

another question for mastering engineers ..... who uses the TC 6000 and under what circumstances? also if anyone has opinions how...

doogie
replies: 10 views: 2,225
bob katz 27th March 2006

Is anyone using this on the mix (2-bus), or after the mix - but before it goes to the ME. I was thinking about mixing with...

Kesadiq
replies: 13 views: 5,090
Kesadiq 26th March 2006

If you have a stereo wave file but you wish to process compression or limiting on the left and right channels independently what...

pingu
replies: 2 views: 2,343
pingu 26th March 2006

Just came back from a premier mastering engineer session in Hollywood. The master came out great, and the engineer was nice...

ChriGar
replies: 20 views: 2,686
Yoni 26th March 2006

Hi! When Mastering (and often at Mixing, too) tracks, I often have problems balancing the sound around 1500 Hz - I reduce the...

vls
replies: 17 views: 4,751
dcollins 26th March 2006
replies: 24 views: 2,139
lozion 25th March 2006

How do you go about mastering an instrumental and accapella for a single? I need some vinyl to cut up for shows. Do you use the...

Relax
replies: 4 views: 1,410
ralphski 25th March 2006

Most of us are aware of a little beast called dc offset. However is it worth checking for and is it worth fixing if it rears...

pingu
replies: 31 views: 4,240
Absolute 25th March 2006

Hi chaps. I have a mastering job to do and its the first time ill be required to do it the new/old fashioned way, meaning the...

elfy
replies: 9 views: 3,642
Billster 24th March 2006

I'd like to do mastering and can't say I'm too interested in the recording/mixing process. Were alot of you mix engineers who...

Axiomata
replies: 9 views: 2,311
stardustmedia 24th March 2006

I've been listening to The All American Rejects album. This is the band with the song "Dirty Little Secret". I think...

ChriGar
replies: 19 views: 16,162
bloodstone 24th March 2006

Anybody using these? I don't see them listed on too many gear lists but I think they are quite nice. Not quite as expensive as...

Axiomata
replies: 10 views: 4,412
AdamJay 24th March 2006

After getting everything up and running I sit back in my comfy chair and immediatley notice that the mix is extremely hollow from...

ethan_c
replies: 7 views: 2,386
timmcallister 24th March 2006

Hey folks, This will be my first time working with lacquerchannel mastering here in Toronto. I haven't decided which of the...

Jason Poulin
replies: 8 views: 2,380
James Guitar 24th March 2006

I've been doing well mastering at my studio. Things are sounding great. BUT, I still have a pretty big issue. EQing the...

ChriGar
replies: 4 views: 1,451
<e> 24th March 2006

Hi guys (Bob and Chris). First it is very cool to have you hanging out with us for a bit, thank you for your time and for...

not_so_new
replies: 25 views: 3,816
PRobb 23rd March 2006

I'd like to do mastering and can't say I'm too interested in the recording process. Just curious. We're alot of you mix engineers...

Axiomata
replies: 0 views: 1,168
Axiomata 22nd March 2006
replies: 1 views: 2,161
bob katz 22nd March 2006

although I don't plan to do any mastering for real, just practice. When I was in a local studio here in town, they had a program...

Matt Grondin
replies: 15 views: 3,057
void 22nd March 2006

Seems like the lament about the software maximizer/limiters is that when you get them really loud, they ruin the music. But when...

Killahurts
replies: 5 views: 1,919
Rick Sutton 22nd March 2006

What are the various noise reduction tools that you guys use for various things? I'm thinking of vinyl transfers, post-film work,...

Tibbon
replies: 7 views: 3,712
fifthcircle 22nd March 2006

I have always been fascinated by what mastering engineers do, and I would love to actually be able to call myself one in the...

illynoise
replies: 2 views: 3,488
jayfrigo 22nd March 2006
replies: 6 views: 5,810
perun 21st March 2006

As Bob suggested for another thread (here it is, Bob!), what are some common solutions used for super indiscernable/problematic...

Sqye
replies: 47 views: 7,692
no ssl yet 21st March 2006

I have had a few different people master my mixes over the years, and I have had one reoccurring problem with the results:...

Ann Denton
replies: 50 views: 9,119
AlexLakis 21st March 2006

Presuming that my ultimate goal is to have the best stereo mix printed from an analog console. I am willing purchase a...

midnightsun
replies: 6 views: 3,080
lucey 21st March 2006

I've spoken with a few people who claimed that some high end mastering engineers (including some at Sterling) used the Lavry and...

Analog
replies: 21 views: 3,543
Analog 21st March 2006

Hi all, After the analog process, it is a good idea to work the adc at 88KHz, then downsample 2:1 to the DAW interface? I...

ed_wave
replies: 0 views: 1,470
ed_wave 21st March 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search