The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, I am mixing a song, which unless I do massive surgery on the mix, has quite a big difference in EQ compared to standard...

kYd
replies: 18 views: 1,101
kYd 7th August 2008

Hello this weekend i have been suffering some issues on a big PA system. It was a song contest where the singer had to sing over...

OberHeim-Kenobi
replies: 3 views: 1,413
807Recordings 7th August 2008

MS EQing

Not sure if this is the right place for this so forgive the intrusion. I've recently been getting heavily into manipulating the...

farjedi
replies: 40 views: 3,432
Avatar for Crystal Mixing and Mastering
Crystal Mixing and Mastering 7th August 2008

Is anyone using the Cranesong Phoenix plug-in as part of their regular mastering chain? I find myself using it a fair amount in...

castle
replies: 10 views: 3,728
castle 7th August 2008

I dont wish to start a rant on loudness war - this is not the purpose of this post ...sorry just wanted to say that up...

DominicWyeth
replies: 3 views: 1,358
DominicWyeth 7th August 2008

Why bother with that GML 2030 when you can just use this wonder of the modern age? - c

Silver Sonya
replies: 19 views: 2,764
3rd&4thT 7th August 2008

First off, thanks to the whole Gearslutz community for keeping the spirit alive around here. I'm usually a lurker, just reading,...

teamh3
replies: 2 views: 1,014
teamh3 7th August 2008

We recently had a problem that I solved rather easily but it was a problem that kinda of snuck up on me. I started hearing...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 4 views: 1,005
Thomas W. Bethe 7th August 2008

I am mastering a new age track for a client who used copious amounts of synth chimes. They're terribly unnatural sounding with...

Bob Loblaw
replies: 18 views: 1,288
joerod 6th August 2008

Anyone have a good recommendation on who to go to for specialized CD packaging? I was discussing designing a CD booklet for a...

jordanstoner
replies: 0 views: 1,037
jordanstoner 6th August 2008

I think this table will speed up your workflow as it is doing to mine. BTW.. I have just uploaded version II ( with no spacing...

Alécio Costa
replies: 1 views: 1,718
gearaddict 6th August 2008

Hi, a)Can anyone comment the tonal diferences between the Lavry Black and the Lavry Blue? Black: AD10 + DA10 Blue: MAD8 +...

Alécio Costa
replies: 3 views: 1,841
Alécio Costa 6th August 2008

Just wondering if the common practice is to have the same gear / plug-ins in the mastering chain for album consistency, altering...

jordanstoner
replies: 12 views: 1,736
joerod 6th August 2008

Hello, In the past I've been using the limiter section of the Waves Ultramaximizer to lower transient peaks on mixdowns. (These...

AdrianW
replies: 2 views: 3,380
24-96 Mastering 5th August 2008

Received a DDP Image from a customer, who wants me to convert it to a Redbook Audio CD. I have all the files in place,...

ZMuzacZ
replies: 4 views: 1,691
ZMuzacZ 5th August 2008

sorry... just had to vent. grrr grrr grrr I've only been doing this for money for about a year, and I am already sooooo cheesed...

macc
replies: 13 views: 1,353
joerod 4th August 2008

Hi there. Does anyone know if there are any other differences between the Finalizer 96 and the older Finalizer Plus (besides the...

rolo
replies: 4 views: 4,582
rolo 4th August 2008

Lately there have been a lot of posts on this web board from people who are attacking mastering done by professional mastering...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 11 views: 1,427
inlinenl 4th August 2008

Hiya I accidentally bought the wrong cabling to connect my Rosetta 800 to my Aurora Lynx 16 via AES/EBU. It was a 26pin HD...

Bob Yordan
replies: 0 views: 992
Bob Yordan 4th August 2008

This was my first attempt at mastering an album. (I am an experienced producer, and have done a bit of mastering singles for...

masterblaster
replies: 8 views: 1,695
soundsundergroun 4th August 2008

Can you please let me know what's your impression about the following master ? This should run on radio station. Please comment...

gilwe
replies: 7 views: 1,050
gilwe 4th August 2008

I have been finding it extremely difficult to master Country Music, I know its the same concept, but any advice on making the...

drakewire
replies: 11 views: 1,189
Jerry Tubb 4th August 2008

Hi All! I have a fairly well-equipped home-studio where I do a lot of recording, which I am mostly very happy with. Some of...

KillerV
replies: 32 views: 3,120
jayfrigo 4th August 2008

Hi gang, Looking for a new stereo converter. Preferably under 10 k usd Would like it to be able to record in 5.6mhz DSD...and I...

bleak orange
replies: 19 views: 3,861
just.sounds 4th August 2008

This should really be in the "mix forum"...but since there is no mix forum, I post it here. diddlydoo I am mixing a...

bleak orange
replies: 6 views: 1,052
Deleted 99dc753 3rd August 2008

Hello all. I apologize if this is worded paradoxically, but I don't know how else to describe this property of sound. When I...

bokip
replies: 21 views: 4,224
Karloff70 3rd August 2008

What's up everybody? I'm new to the board as for posting, though I have been reading up from time to time. I don't know if this...

illsymmetric
replies: 20 views: 2,868
joerod 3rd August 2008

I'd like to buy samle manager for dither and src. Should I buy Wave editor, instead? what is there more? thanks

S75
replies: 1 views: 1,700
Whitecat 2nd August 2008

Does anyone have a blank recall sheet for an API 5500 that they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks kfhkh

reid
replies: 36 views: 5,021
finetuner 2nd August 2008

Hi I am about to master my own songs by myself after 6 yrs of mixing my stuff and other peoples stuff. Room acoustics are made...

Deleted 99dc753
replies: 60 views: 4,249
Riccardo 2nd August 2008

Anyone here on GS ever use U.R.P. in Nashville to do BOTH mastering and vinyl pressing. I am going to put out a 10" vinyl...

p. dovetonsils
replies: 2 views: 1,856
John Suitcase 2nd August 2008

Hello. Here we are experimenting a bit with phase shift and dynamics on LOW MID freq these days and it is giving us some pleasant...

OberHeim-Kenobi
replies: 18 views: 4,145
bmanic 1st August 2008

If you are preparing your mixes to go to a mastering house, I'm a little confused over a couple of basics. You have a 12 song...

oceantracks
replies: 3 views: 817
finetuner 1st August 2008

Hi Everyone When you release a master, do you submit the CD info to CDDB, or other databases for your clients? Do you just use...

macrae11
replies: 9 views: 1,525
macrae11 1st August 2008

Hi ! I am mixing some tracks which where originally recorded on a 2” Studer analogue. They where then put into protools LE 24...

AdrenalinRecords
replies: 1 views: 780
Coyoteous 1st August 2008

Hi guys. I am looking to buy some RMGI tape for a 1/4" machine, a 60's Telefunken M5c, for use as a mastering color...

starseed
replies: 8 views: 1,412
turtlerock 1st August 2008

DDP

Is that the prefered method of delivery these days? If so, who on the manufacturing side accepts them? Any favorites for...

KungFuLio
replies: 3 views: 2,117
Cellotron 1st August 2008

Hi everyone, For all those interested, Airshow Mastering is constructing a new facility in Takoma Park Maryland, right on the...

Airshow Mike
replies: 4 views: 1,209
jayfrigo 1st August 2008

Hi everyone. I am needing to use a VST plug that will allow me to process a stereo file, decode Mid and Side and do some...

soundmark
replies: 10 views: 3,747
tribeofenki 31st July 2008

Hi, I'm new at mixing.I've recorded some tracks, but I've found out that some instruments hide another.This is due to instrument...

Juan Carlos
replies: 53 views: 3,398
joerod 31st July 2008

Hi Everyone, Pretty much the subject is the question... I'm looking for a britness finalizer plug in that you usualy put the...

pyelagin
replies: 7 views: 1,490
Bob Yordan 31st July 2008

How can I get it so that you can't tell when one track ends and another begins (such as in DJ mixes)? The way I have the tracks...

wormsoftheearth
replies: 8 views: 1,717
peter_mavro 31st July 2008

Comments? And howabout that FireWire option. How does it sounds when clipped (okay, just kidding heh).

Lagerfeldt
replies: 24 views: 4,496
funka 31st July 2008

Hello guys.. I ve posted this topic already..just incase if any mastering engineer didnt check the other forum ...so i decided...

moosamix
replies: 5 views: 1,036
Adam Dempsey 31st July 2008

There was a live "jazz" concert series here the last four weekends. It was outside, in a small amphitheater. The...

Peakly
replies: 14 views: 1,313
Thomas W. Bethe 30th July 2008

When it came time to upgrade our Sonic HDs, my mastering engineers chose SoundBlade, as they were already comfortable with it and...

[email protected]
replies: 32 views: 3,372
finetuner 30th July 2008

As a mastering studio, our staff is relatively small. Three full-time engineers and one part-time. As part of our private...

Silver Sonya
replies: 140 views: 8,602
Mike Jasper 30th July 2008

Hi, I am using waveburner for the first time to build my PMCD, the mastering facility send me the audios via ftp because they...

s_zunino
replies: 17 views: 2,121
Alexey Lukin 30th July 2008

Apologies for the following, unnecessarily straightforward and thus boring question: Which restoration tools do you use for...

24-96 Mastering
replies: 53 views: 7,031
3rd&4thT 30th July 2008

I'm curious about other people's stances/approaches to this issue. Ever tell a client to remix or re-track? If so, how often,...

Silver Sonya
replies: 15 views: 1,187
Paul Gold 30th July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search