The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, So at the moment I'm working with an Antelope Orion 32+ Gen 3. I'm using this to sum into an SPL MixDream and also...

Nikola_Tesla
replies: 23 views: 1,782
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 34 views: 2,716
ajscent 1 week ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 111 views: 30,906
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 173 views: 19,583
mpr 1 week ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 27 views: 7,407
Lagerfeldt 1 week ago

Hi folks! thats my first topic, can you believe it?? I know these two converters are not "top notch" ultra high...

rubcn
replies: 30 views: 9,542
Aleksandr 1 week ago

Hi, I want to upgrade from my Rossetta 200 to a less coloured and more modern AD/DA converter for my mastering loop, the RME...

ampar
replies: 1 views: 470
philip 1 week ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 33 views: 3,503
polybonk 1 week ago

I've just been asked by a cd manufacturer to verify this attachment. Not sure how to do this. Usually I just send a Checksum...

davernoise
replies: 12 views: 1,082
davernoise 1 week ago

I noticed that track sounds much better without maximizing it on 10 LUFS. Should i leave it on -6 db as is on default?

veks
replies: 22 views: 2,603
veks 2 weeks ago

This is the second time I've gotten a message at our website to the following effect. Here is the message and my reply....

bob katz
replies: 180 views: 30,495
Carl Freeland 2 weeks ago

i reseve my unit yesterday... i have to say that it is the best compressor i have ever used.. it is expensive but i dont know if...

studio57
replies: 26 views: 5,479
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to mastering but having worked on a hybrid mixing rig with a decent amount of analog beauties for...

Uli Auer
replies: 12 views: 1,884
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hello. I need an advice. I have an API 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor which is mainly on my mix bus. I do some mastering with plugins...

doye
replies: 14 views: 2,337
doye 2 weeks ago

Was just kind of curious. We do a lot pop/edm recording here and when someone wants mastering by us I’ve noticed we typically...

AudioGold
replies: 31 views: 2,544
Ben F 2 weeks ago

Nicecast is mostly non working since they announced its retirement. Was a very handy tool to stream "masters" and...

gregor z
replies: 14 views: 2,037
stealthbalance 2 weeks ago

anyone else hearing this unintentional distortion at 1:02 on Kacey Musgraves new single 'Butterflies'? (right side more than...

greenroom
replies: 36 views: 3,661
ciro 2 weeks ago

I’ve been told to keep the bass higher in the mix, because the mastering engineer can mold the bass with that extra...

Jvonfranco
replies: 65 views: 6,059
mikelevitt 2 weeks ago

Why do some big name MEs master tracks to peak at 0db? (instead of -.3) Some friends think that the distortion must make tracks...

IanBSC
replies: 50 views: 2,828
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Trying to figure out which one will be best for my mastering rig. I have a collection of analog and digital...

saga legin
replies: 2 views: 1,319
engmix 2 weeks ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 773 views: 67,336
SASMastering 2 weeks ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 76 views: 5,606
Ghost Rider 3 weeks ago

...arrived some days ago & i thought i share my impressions w.r.t. mastering. some time ago had my trip through the...

karumba
replies: 88 views: 19,528
Emiliano 3 weeks ago

Hey, fellas! I've narrowed down the options to this 2 units. I heard the U33 and sounds great. I love the features on the...

elpillo
replies: 20 views: 3,419
Hansest 3 weeks ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 61 views: 24,270
BendingBus 3 weeks ago

This is a difficult subject to breach -- and is very likely to open up a bit of controversy. I am speaking about the actual...

John Dyson
replies: 48 views: 3,038
John Dyson 3 weeks ago

seems like no matter how many new limiter or maximizers come out nothing can beat L3. whenever I try / demo any other plugin...

TS-12
replies: 68 views: 20,553
Sybille 3 weeks ago

Hello guys I'm knew to the forum. I'm more of an audiophile hobbyist. I mainly record 24/96 needledrops. I have a pretty well...

Ghost Rider
replies: 12 views: 1,652
Ghost Rider 3 weeks ago

The Challengers: MAAT thEQorange DMGAudio Equilibrium FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Flux EpureV3-x64 UAD Massenburg MDWEQ5-5B Sonnox Oxford...

AlexPicciafuochi
replies: 31 views: 5,443
rameron 3 weeks ago

Hello guys! I am writing because I have the opportunity of upgrading my monitor controller. Right now I have a custom stepped...

maostudios
replies: 17 views: 1,589
Ruairi 3 weeks ago

Is this a normal price for an established A list mixer?

violet
replies: 50 views: 4,261
XAXAU 3 weeks ago

On another thread, Hippocratic Mastering wrote: “I very, very rarely use inter-sample peak limiting - it just hardly ever...

wildplum
replies: 12 views: 1,719
macc 3 weeks ago

Hi all, So... I'm about to pull the trigger on a Dangerous Liaison. For my workflow it is the closest thing I found available on...

audioloud
replies: 29 views: 2,433
mnawara 3 weeks ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 924 views: 129,585
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 3 weeks ago

So I ran my mix out of my summing mixer into passive DI and the results was better than I expected. So good I decided to sell my...

JaeKelz24
replies: 6 views: 922
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

It's not often that I adjust stereo width but occasions do arise where a touch of widening serves a mix well - problem is, no...

brijem
replies: 0 views: 1,175
brijem 3 weeks ago

I've encountered this issue frequently: a mix gets sent out to a big name mastering engineer and the master ends up sounding...

IanBSC
replies: 35 views: 2,667
psycho_monkey 3 weeks ago

Hi guys Any experience with VOVOX sonorus? Anybody tried the Sonorus XL? They cost a lot more that's for sure. How about the...

SStudio
replies: 1 views: 1,091
Transistor 4 weeks ago

What are your top 5 plugins for mastering, that were released in 2018 or 2019? Why? How do you use them? What othre plugins...

theMuzzl3
replies: 0 views: 1,317
theMuzzl3 4 weeks ago

Hello, I've been asked to prepare ddps for an artist's entire 11-album body of work to be re-released on CD. All of it has been...

bobdrake
replies: 4 views: 879
bobdrake 4 weeks ago

I'ver briefly heard a pair of Giethan 922s in a studio and was quite impressed. I've also heard the new Genelec 8351s in a...

Tapwatr
replies: 2 views: 1,000
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

I'm almost done mixing an unusually lengthy rock album. 18 tracks !! AND interstitial pieces (15-60 seconds) in between several...

Kingwhistle
replies: 4 views: 1,200
Deptronic 4 weeks ago

Hi all - I'd like to split my signal into two, above and below a certain frequency. My idea is to apply a UAD ATR-102 plug in...

session bass
replies: 9 views: 1,134
session bass 4 weeks ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 195 views: 19,029
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 4 weeks ago

DBC-M Mastering Grade Audio Compressor - Buzz Audio Do you like? It's quite ugly but after searching again and again for a...

chazmar
replies: 15 views: 2,155
Tim Farrant 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, I was curious if any of you mastering guys would like to participate in a community shoot - out of all the limiters and...

joe_04_04
replies: 100 views: 22,279
M.Retra 4 weeks ago

Hi! I recently found out about this artist called Peggy Gou, with the following...

neoking
replies: 4 views: 1,449
btfnk 4 weeks ago

I typically use my ears and reference masters to guide my masters toward a balance that sounds appealing to me, but recently have...

motomotomoto
replies: 4 views: 1,217
motomotomoto 4 weeks ago

I've seen Maselec Model 2012 in the Internet. What is the difference from the classic black version?

MainTime
replies: 3 views: 1,057
Ruairi 4 weeks ago

So I have a 2nd hand Höf Dynamic Master. Today I tried running some drums and synth through it. But doing this made me wonder...

soundmodel
replies: 12 views: 1,625
altemark 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search