The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Does anyone have a good understanding of the various digital masters that have been made of Rumours? The reason I ask is that...

kafka
replies: 8 views: 1,105
Justin P. 1 week ago

Folks, Curious if anyone has used both, and if there are preferences for one over the other? I've long used Sonoris DDP...

mftorso
replies: 9 views: 2,017
RJHollins 1 week ago

Can AI replace music mastering engineers? - The Verge This was in my newsfeed. Just wanted to share.

robert82
replies: 31 views: 1,729
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

I have a good friend who is a college professor and audio engineer come to my studio at my request and tweaked my acoustics....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 34 views: 2,672
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I am a new user of Tokyo Dawn's Nova GE, hoping to shorten my learning curve a bit. I have been given a mix that needs to have...

wildplum
replies: 0 views: 606
wildplum 1 week ago

I have heard about using two compressors in series but what about two final limiters in series for maximum level? Of course max...

Yiannis
replies: 45 views: 14,605
Tommi6000 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,210 views: 120,986
coin777 1 week ago

I don't usually do these sort of posts, but I feel as a longterm member of this board that I must make this review public....

MattGray
replies: 18 views: 2,275
teebaum 1 week ago

I can't find the info online. If I remember correctly my first encounter with the plugin was around 1997-98 but I think the...

philip
replies: 25 views: 1,912
scraggs 1 week ago

I made the mistake of demoing this plugin right when it came out and did not really run it through its paces. Needless to say my...

aleatoric
replies: 189 views: 44,156
S_mask 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I 'm currently trying this player since few days called " Audirvana 3+ ". I try to compare it with...

kirito
replies: 7 views: 1,032
Adam Dempsey 2 weeks ago

So my client who runs The Life Changes Show went to a late set at the Baked Potato earlier this week to try to persuade The Levin...

Brent Hahn
replies: 11 views: 1,289
Silvertone 2 weeks ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 467 views: 74,536
Boxtone 2 weeks ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 64 views: 5,634
cooker 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, This video contains general and specialized information about the (mastering) compressor. It's relevant to anybody who...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 18 views: 2,196
jampa 2 weeks ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 23 views: 2,729
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

...like ...has anyone identified an exact mark where it all begins to repeat again?

eternalsound
replies: 10 views: 1,115
bcgood 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for a way to match the loudness levels of a large variety of raw spoken voice recordings. So, I'm assuming an offline...

NotVeryLoud
replies: 15 views: 800
NotVeryLoud 2 weeks ago

Did you guys see the Ncore modules are shipping on the 12th of June? Looking forward to building mine. Has anyone heard...

Mr Phil
replies: 36 views: 13,346
Bruce Keen 2 weeks ago

Has anyone used the Focal Trio 6's with the sub 6? While the trios seem to have great low need for mixing, for mastering, we...

Emstar
replies: 11 views: 1,051
Joe_caithness 2 weeks ago

Second day in a row of random twitching/thumping inside my left ear only. Very disconcerting. The best fitting diagnosis I...

Trakworx
replies: 24 views: 1,180
Silvertone 2 weeks ago

How can this go out in 2019? I can't believe the snare in the first track Africa. sounds like a demo. There is weird LOUD cymbal...

DownSideUp
replies: 22 views: 1,842
melopie 2 weeks ago

Did some of you work with the new Gyraf G21 in a mastering sessions?

priko
replies: 29 views: 5,249
macc 2 weeks ago

I don't know which forum to put this in. I've been doing some reference mixes for my band of rehearsals. I mix it, do a quick...

henryrobinett
replies: 20 views: 915
henryrobinett 2 weeks ago

Recently I saw few shops selling high quality USB cables for audio interfaces. So i'm wondering if it impact the sound quality...

kirito
replies: 72 views: 3,244
MediaGary 2 weeks ago

Well this should be quite interesting :heh: Instagram

the unik
replies: 28 views: 3,261
jonathan jetter 2 weeks ago

My recent publication in in the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, titled "An Investigation of Motional Feedback...

magneticfidelity
replies: 12 views: 1,191
S_mask 2 weeks ago

Can't seem to convert to 16 bit. Have it set to 16 bit with dither in the master section. I then render and resulting file is...

garysjo
replies: 3 views: 687
garysjo 2 weeks ago

Just a curiosity about those of you who have experience mastering from DAT such as: a). What were the technical...

47radAR
replies: 76 views: 8,669
Alex Kretov 3 weeks ago

Hello peers! This is something I have been trying to wrap my head around for a while now in these modern times with LUFS...

melopie
replies: 25 views: 1,492
Bob Olhsson 3 weeks ago

Iv tried it in the High End forum with no luck. Are There any Vintage EQs from the 70s and 80s except ITI/Sontec you can use...

Michael_
replies: 39 views: 2,523
shmasterer 3 weeks ago

Most threads are about what gear people have bought. Havnt read much about peoples own designs/builds except for some...

5.333V
replies: 35 views: 1,839
shmasterer 3 weeks ago

I received some client mixes recently with a strange bit depth issue that I've never seen before with something odd going on...

craigb
replies: 4 views: 769
Hermetech Mastering 3 weeks ago

the api 5500 is a great EQ to have in the rack, but unfortunately he has a hum issue which comes from the magnetic field of the...

karumba
replies: 33 views: 5,021
musicianof1 3 weeks ago

Hi! What´s the difference between Millenia NSEQ 2 with Forssell mod and Millennia NSEQ 4? Anyone got some experience with...

Compa
replies: 23 views: 5,896
waldie wave 3 weeks ago

i have - in order to get rid of a little of the bacon of the festive season - put myself on a diet and do "intermittent...

teebaum
replies: 25 views: 1,463
teebaum 3 weeks ago

Just a quick one to see if anyone here has experience with this?abduction

Joe_caithness
replies: 27 views: 2,520
Swift Mastering 3 weeks ago

I have a theory about clipping a\d converters that I need the experts here to make sense of. I did a test in protools while I'm...

O-dawg
replies: 66 views: 4,151
O-dawg 3 weeks ago

I have searched threads but can not find any assistance/opinions on this. I am building a mastering room off my studio using...

Mudjaw
replies: 5 views: 856
Mudjaw 3 weeks ago

Hello, I guess my questions can be best answered in the mastering section - please feel free to move it elsewhere. I record...

Noise Commander
replies: 9 views: 1,001
OpusOfTrolls 3 weeks ago

In need of a transparant mastering compressor: First place: Knif Vari-MuII Second place: Analogue Tube at-101 Thirth place:...

JERBOA
replies: 28 views: 5,132
theMuzzl3 3 weeks ago

I just ordered one of these Finished Relay Volume controller / Balanced Potentiometer / Balanced preamp | eBay. It took 6 weeks...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 53 views: 3,273
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hey Folks, First, some disclaimers. For the sake of discussion, let's assume there is appropriate room treatment, appropriate...

GemCity
replies: 17 views: 1,127
I.R.Baboon 3 weeks ago

i'm thinking of buying a 500 frame for a few mastering tools. i will certainly listen to the fredenstein f610 eq, but i think...

teebaum
replies: 73 views: 4,751
NathanEldred 3 weeks ago

Not sure if this is the best place for this question. On track #2 , #4 and #7 of the Boston album on the first version CD and...

esldude
replies: 9 views: 1,179
Jim Williams 3 weeks ago
replies: 7 views: 1,146
Bradahman 3 weeks ago

No big thing, but before last week I never notice the different of a normal and a silent computer mouse. Since years I take care...

mirochandler
replies: 1 views: 738
philip 3 weeks ago

I haven't been provided yet as the album is still in the mix stage. The artist currently is only considering online...

cooker
replies: 2 views: 754
Hermetech Mastering 3 weeks ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 165 views: 16,957
JP__ 3 weeks ago

Looking for a compressor to pair with (like a yin and yang) my lovely VSC-2. I have had both Foote Compressors (lovely boxes but...

Boxtone
replies: 9 views: 1,016
teebaum 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search