The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Im not a ME, just to make it clear from the start! :) I work in a mix studio and in live mixing. But a colleague asked me to...

nixoblivion
replies: 10 views: 7,530
gedankensound 7th November 2012

Hi, I have a 96/24 aif that's already been mastered ... all done ... but ... I need to take a few seconds off the top. Can I...

sunship
replies: 5 views: 1,407
haberdasher 6th November 2012

Matthew has just posted a link to some detailed features of Triumph. It looks excellent. Audiofile Engineering - Support

silverking
replies: 36 views: 5,415
jamesp 6th November 2012

Hi all, I'm just working my way through Bob Katz's "Mastering Audio" which is excellent by the way. I'm studying...

Pyxis360
replies: 4 views: 1,613
stinkyfingers 5th November 2012

So I installed DSP a few months ago and no PT at the moment was installed. then I acquired PT8 for my Eleven Rack just to...

G>SUS
replies: 4 views: 877
G>SUS 5th November 2012

I'm looking into buying a maximizer that is perfect for composing dance music. I would like to hear a couple of your stories and...

AVSbeats
replies: 5 views: 1,399
Laurend 5th November 2012

I know it sounds like I'm freaking out... Last month I sent my first DDP to a pressing plant. I have always work with CD-R's....

Sput
replies: 5 views: 1,709
Adebar 5th November 2012
replies: 47 views: 9,219
musichascolors 5th November 2012

I understand the fundamental differences between analog and digital, but something just occurred to me: what's the point of...

ctoth666
replies: 17 views: 1,224
huejahfink 5th November 2012

I like B&W 802s and 800s, but I'd like to know what you like. I use Passlabs X250.5 on my 802's. So also, I'd like to know...

Weezyanna
replies: 113 views: 36,110
dietrich10 5th November 2012

Do any of you MEs regularly use ITB soft clipping before your limiter? If so, which one do you use and when? I've read a lot of...

White Elephant
replies: 14 views: 5,232
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 5th November 2012

it would be really cool, when izotope release an ozone 5 meter extension plug for ipad. so i could master my songs and the ozone...

nott
replies: 43 views: 6,628
masteringdigital 4th November 2012

We are updating collections of reference mixes for comparing speakers, mixes, checking acoustics etc. iTunes works fine as a...

tambling
replies: 16 views: 2,205
nms 4th November 2012

Hey, Each year, my school organizes a musical. Unfortunately we could not find the karaoke versions for all of the songs. I...

A3Beats
replies: 8 views: 1,779
Alexey Lukin 3rd November 2012

Hello, I'm curious to know.. What kind of WC BNC cables do you use in your mastering rig and why ? Thanks !

TanTan
replies: 13 views: 2,312
nms 3rd November 2012

Just curious if there's any professional users now that DDP export has been added.

Tarekith
replies: 3 views: 1,738
antithesist 3rd November 2012

So, at some point I want to get into the details of mastering and engineering, but for now I'm a producer who is doing demos and...

maxiedaniels
replies: 13 views: 1,719
JVFM 3rd November 2012

Hey, been mastering for a while and artist always ask me to add pictures and links. Whats the best program to add meta data...

thelube
replies: 6 views: 1,985
SASMastering 2nd November 2012
replies: 2 views: 1,908
huejahfink 2nd November 2012

I keep bumping into the same problem when trying to deliver files in an archve for clients: I do track spacing in waveburner and...

balanceman
replies: 9 views: 1,779
paulrk 1st November 2012

Has any one listened to this..It's mastered lower than most pop songs way lower...Not hyper compressed..you can point out between...

DUBSOUL
replies: 2 views: 2,347
Peaks 31st October 2012

I have experimented with two limiters before, but I am trying something else and need some opinions. First limiter would be the...

Rossd25
replies: 8 views: 1,825
Peaks 31st October 2012

i have a soundcraft 6000 (modified by stephen sank). i mix down to a studer revox pr 99 15 ips 1/4" I have rosetta 800,...

boneshowell
replies: 13 views: 2,607
lucey 30th October 2012

Quite a few people have raved about the Antelope line of clocks. I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with...

TechSpec
replies: 26 views: 8,708
blackfinder 30th October 2012

I don't know if this is a mixing or mastering question - could be both. We use reverb to make a sound distant, i.e., push it...

Nonlinear
replies: 24 views: 3,078
Nonlinear 30th October 2012

I'm an amateur producer and I cant send all of my tracks to an ME. If I'm pre-/DIY-"mastering" I normally use waves...

GJ999x
replies: 31 views: 10,777
ciro 30th October 2012

Hi there, I just mastered for a client an album that's going to be released as CD and also double-vinyl. The CD turned out...

kosmokrator
replies: 32 views: 3,313
tpad 28th October 2012

Hi all, For those of you who use a Pacific Microsonics HDCD Model One / Model Two converter, please make a note of this...

Dave Peck
replies: 4 views: 3,699
pw8888 28th October 2012

I remember reading a discussion here or KVR about compressor/limiters, and how new things are cleaner, more dynamic, or have...

Peaks
replies: 5 views: 1,169
lucey 28th October 2012

anybody suggest cleanest interface,easy to get to grips with,best features for a mastering daw on Mac? Cheers

Joey333
replies: 50 views: 16,898
JNS 27th October 2012

First I hope the guy who mastered this won't take this personally and maybe (s)he just done what the label ask. But what's your...

scorpix74
replies: 7 views: 2,162
Peaks 26th October 2012

Have anyone heard anything about that brand? Are they ok for an entry level mastering speakers? Home_HiVi, Inc.

scalawag
replies: 2 views: 2,202
scalawag 26th October 2012

Hello! I'm choosing between Weiss EQ1 and EQ1-LP. How effective Linear Phase mode?

MainTime
replies: 3 views: 2,060
MainTime 25th October 2012

Hi guys sorry for flooding the forum with my posts but I have another question. I know it is a Mastering Question but it also...

Ian_Dowling
replies: 24 views: 2,266
dcollins 25th October 2012

Hi, i just have some track mastered. Now i am asking myself when i a song mastered well? When i import the mastered track...

datafeist
replies: 8 views: 1,803
CJ Mastering 25th October 2012

Anyone running Sonnox stuff successfully at 64? Specifically the Supressor? EDIT: well, I see some reports of the EQ not...

Taurean
replies: 9 views: 3,430
bendermastering 25th October 2012

Hi folks, can somebody recommend closed-design headphones for critical work/mastering? I'm using K702's, which are open cans....

mir
replies: 12 views: 2,166
Audiop 25th October 2012

hi folks, I have an IBIS inserted in de M/S Backbone matrix and when I push the SUM/DIF button the sound becomes more open but...

JohnyJoe
replies: 6 views: 1,655
dangerousben 25th October 2012

Has anyone used 2x 5033 for mastering? Could it be interesting as a line driver for sonics improvement? Thanks

Alécio Costa
replies: 1 views: 1,923
Glenn Bucci 25th October 2012

What should I be saving as from my DAW and post matering? I've read various conflicting things some of which I've tried have...

n00bzill4
replies: 10 views: 1,437
12th & Vine 25th October 2012

Hi Everyone...... my first REAL query post so please be gentle! Ive recently completed a mixdown using pro tools for my new...

funeral
replies: 23 views: 8,091
funeral 24th October 2012

Movies are typically aiming for the classic 83 dB-SPL-at-listening levels while we all know that music is a free for all as far...

undertone
replies: 21 views: 4,429
huejahfink 24th October 2012

Hey guys, In Mastering, do you find that you are always adding high end eq to mixes? It seems that usually I'll be mixing and...

GoochPie
replies: 27 views: 4,288
Peakly 24th October 2012

I'm noticing that my tracks tend to sound a little all over the place on my car speakers. I want to get the whole song to sound...

Azamat Bagatov
replies: 14 views: 3,593
IIIrd 24th October 2012

Hi folks, does anybody have experience of using Shure SRH-940 headphones for critical mastering work, mainly for revealing...

mir
replies: 0 views: 1,631
mir 23rd October 2012

(Apologies if this has already been answered... did a search and didn't find what I was looking for.) Short version of the...

Lights
replies: 29 views: 14,541
Lights 23rd October 2012

Ok, I am sure this has been asked on the forums, but after looking at countless threads I couldn't find an answer.. I am using...

droidtn
replies: 2 views: 1,814
droidtn 23rd October 2012

de la Mancha thr33some I need something that has more bands than this plug-in, don't need the widening option. Basically it...

cooker
replies: 8 views: 1,106
cooker 23rd October 2012

Hi guys we actually mix and master very punchy electronic music tracks that have to pound in the clubs(No commercial squashed...

Louis_Diaz
replies: 22 views: 7,419
Franco 23rd October 2012

I am looking to buy a pair of full range mid-fields for mastering on. I started doing some mastering for friends for free and am...

LostTribes
replies: 34 views: 6,148
rakkaus 23rd October 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search