The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 200 views: 48,397
tymish 12 hours ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 25 views: 5,206
lowland 2 days ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 36,664
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 62,617
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Fellow Gearslutz Members, Greetings of the day ! Can anyone guide me on how Brian Big Bass Gardner, ex engineer at Bernie...

darkalex
replies: 11 views: 1,031
darkalex 2 minutes ago

Hi there fellas, a friend just asked me about mastering for YouTube Kids, I´m not an expert but I told him that supposed to be...

MADA
replies: 4 views: 285
MADA 3 minutes ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 51 views: 3,724
Cassar Audio Lab 1 hour ago

For Mastering Purposes: I have a limited budget (6-8k) to get myself a nice Analog EQ and compressor used EQ: I'm thinking...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 13 views: 1,181
Labs 10 hours ago

Here is a review from Absolute Sound about my speakers. I think it says it all about why they are such great speakers for...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 27 views: 5,227
MintyPig 10 hours ago

For a clean EQ at the beginning of chain what's your pick? Maselec MEA-2 vs Focusrite 315 Vs GML 9500 thinking to put a...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 3 views: 477
JimmyBoyZ 11 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,037 views: 109,023
Chancie 11 hours ago

Hi, I am searching for the best native Vari-Mu emulation (or with a similar glueing without compressing too much behaviour)...

ampar
replies: 104 views: 11,712
candyflip 12 hours ago

For me, the Sontec Mastering EQ was always the "Holy Grail," greatest equalizer I ever heard etc because of the way...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 47 views: 10,269
SharpKillerCable 13 hours ago

Hello Guys! Recently i move to a Lynx hilo as my main converter, lovely sound! The thing is that i feel like there is no...

MattVCO
replies: 10 views: 871
rincewind 14 hours ago

Hello and -help!- to all TC M6000 Users! Since yesterday i can not load old scenes with MD4/DXP any more. Only newly created...

joemeek
replies: 6 views: 1,117
echoRausch 15 hours ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,254 views: 152,557
proxy 16 hours ago

Not great news for the vinyl industry. According to the article, after a projected total loss, leaves one other lacquer...

Waltz Mastering
replies: 37 views: 2,168
Justin P. 18 hours ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 158 views: 23,456
ELEKTOR_PROJECT 19 hours ago

Hi A lot of mixing engineers have gone digital ITB only, are there mastering engineers that did the same and simply left the...

invalidusername
replies: 34 views: 2,522
andrewj 19 hours ago

greez to all, first of all i wanna say hi and thank you for all the input i got from this forum over the years! i'm mixing...

DonGoliath
replies: 0 views: 239
DonGoliath 21 hours ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 132 views: 26,522
b0se 22 hours ago

Hello there, I'm trying to make a choice for my monitoring conversion setup and I'm really torn between the either the...

spankjam
replies: 3 views: 495
DBarbarulo 1 day ago

anyone else hearing this unintentional distortion at 1:02 on Kacey Musgraves new single 'Butterflies'? (right side more than...

greenroom
replies: 37 views: 4,503
Monsieur_R 1 day ago

Im finding it hard to find out information on what exactly is the time domain, and how to manipulate this for mastering purposes,...

bojobojo
replies: 20 views: 1,463
Gusss 1 day ago

I´m looking to get a Tubecore 3U ME for bus duties and mastering 4x4 music. People say tubes are too slow for EDM but it has...

XAXAU
replies: 9 views: 1,825
gnotgnot 1 day ago

Just thought I'd share this bizarre story. I did a mastering for a band last year. The album is pretty long so it's a double...

tgs
replies: 22 views: 1,902
_barnee 1 day ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 105 views: 34,287
JSchlomo 1 day ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 133 views: 13,095
DBarbarulo 1 day ago

Hello there, I still own a trusty 16 channel lynx Aurora Converter and was wondering if the RME ADI-2 Pro FS would be an upgrade...

spankjam
replies: 0 views: 564
spankjam 1 day ago

In his video on Sterling Sound website Ted Jensen says "There's plugins I wouldn't wanna be without" At 0:26, 0:30 and...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 5 views: 937
JimmyBoyZ 2 days ago

Hei, I've been thinking about starting to use the Kramer Master Tape and the Abbey Road Vinyl in my master chain. I mostly...

YungUlv
replies: 4 views: 765
Bob Olhsson 2 days ago

I post this here because Prism Sound Lyra 2 is considered a mastering interface in the magazines and selling sites. Here i...

ilias
replies: 16 views: 3,983
ilias 2 days ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 480 views: 88,095
Few Knobs 2 days ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 76 views: 10,387
JimmyBoyZ 3 days ago

He has an all outboard workflow and I figured you guys would be in to it. Check it out...

thedreampolice
replies: 7 views: 848
tengu 3 days ago

Does it really matter? Is it just the noise floor or is there another sonic difference? I don't notice any significant...

Trakworx
replies: 25 views: 998
SmoothTone 3 days ago

Out of curiosity, I tried to look into what is offered in this regard by the iZotop’s mastering assistant, and something...

Sonic_Beast
replies: 6 views: 508
ardis 3 days ago

Started work in earnest on our latest product the MTB-1. It is a stereo processor that will have multiple ways of modifying...

RogerFoote
replies: 344 views: 42,117
RogerFoote 3 days ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 93 views: 12,560
Justin P. 3 days ago

Hi I am interested in know the difference between these great equalizers, maybe there isn`t anybody that test both, but I would...

Portubong
replies: 81 views: 22,724
Progmatic-Studios 3 days ago

Friends, currently comparing the DA of Metric Halo ULN8(3D) and Dangerous Convert-2. Both sounding amazing. Maybe I'll be able...

Arseny
replies: 1 views: 624
Arseny 3 days ago

Hi guys, I was just about to splash (a lot) of cash on a Sterling Modular Plan A desk. Quite expensive in the UK and a long...

audiomaster
replies: 54 views: 9,179
matucha 5 days ago

I'm in the midst of deciding between either.. Does anyone have experiences with both?

qkrzazzang
replies: 16 views: 1,519
Slug1 6 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 445 views: 102,714
Riccardo 6 days ago

Hello, Long story short: I have a collection of songs that I recorded almost two decades ago. I recorded them to hard disk via...

automap
replies: 5 views: 577
automap 6 days ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Anyone know an easy way to do this? I have a client who is using a pressing plant that will only accept these formats for short...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 6 views: 435
msmucr 6 days ago

There was a short thread started about this piece in June 2019, but got few responses. Can anyone give me a short review? Thanks!

Woodwindy
replies: 2 views: 501
Slogun 6 days ago

Hi there (English is not my native language so i will try my best to not sound confusing) At the moment i work pretty much...

PMCorreia
replies: 13 views: 986
Zmago Šmon 1 week ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 947 views: 138,745
AudioSponsor 1 week ago

Picked up Katy Perry's "One of the Boys" album on CD and downloaded Taylor Swift's big single "You Belong to...

audioaddict
replies: 47 views: 8,935
Frankie Mumbles 1 week ago

Hi, I recently received the 44.1K 16b Streaming Master from a world-famous mastering engineer. The master sounds amazing....

JG_MUSIC
replies: 8 views: 893
mastermat 1 week ago

Hello sorry for my google english I am looking for monitors to start mastering, I would buy them used, my budget is 2000 to 3000...

Bichop
replies: 4 views: 615
Bichop 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 344 views: 45,872
blaugruen7 1 week ago

Hi, it took me many years to be able to hear and mix the lowend of the track properly. I'm finally starting to understand the...

ilalin
replies: 5 views: 675
b0se 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search