The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 212 views: 50,011
slutbox 6 hours ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 25 views: 5,394
lowland 1 week ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 36,798
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 62,740
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hey Guys, I’m Ohad Nissim, a mixing and mastering engineer from Berlin. Not so long ago I had the pleasure of mastering...

ohadnissim
replies: 0 views: 1
ohadnissim 35 minutes ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,255 views: 152,994
choisam20 55 minutes ago

Hi there fellas, a friend just asked me about mastering for YouTube Kids, I´m not an expert but I told him that supposed to be...

MADA
replies: 8 views: 668
Riccardo 3 hours ago

I saw an add for Meter Plugs Loudness Penalty, I've seen a handful of products like this but never used any. What's attractive to...

JDN
replies: 24 views: 1,298
johannburkard 14 hours ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 136 views: 13,518
BIG BUDDHA 15 hours ago

Hello, I'm shopping for a pristine 2 channel DA converter just for monitoring purposes. Since I've read for years about it I'm...

OMU
replies: 63 views: 15,345
Saxnscratch 15 hours ago

Hi! I am in the process of changing career from full-time engineering and mixing to mastering. I am well aware of most...

Kris Pohl
replies: 2 views: 490
lowland 20 hours ago

Hello there, I'm trying to make a choice for my monitoring conversion setup and I'm really torn between the either the...

spankjam
replies: 12 views: 944
Plush 20 hours ago

Hey there,' Curious if any of you Soundblade users have experienced this before. I converted some 88.2 files using Sonic Studio...

neufeldjon
replies: 1 views: 527
S_mask 1 day ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 84 views: 9,139
TanTan 1 day ago

Short backstory... I've been doing some mastering with Multiplicity and Essence. I could tweak those two in my sleep and I'm...

traumerei1838
replies: 6 views: 531
DAH 1 day ago

Hi A lot of mixing engineers have gone digital ITB only, are there mastering engineers that did the same and simply left the...

invalidusername
replies: 46 views: 3,585
thermos 1 day ago

Hello, I'm considering buying the new Lynx converters or an Apogee Symphony MKii. Did you ever hear them side by side...

TanTan
replies: 27 views: 8,800
mattcollen 1 day ago

Not great news for the vinyl industry. According to the article, after a projected total loss, leaves one other lacquer...

Waltz Mastering
replies: 47 views: 2,795
DAH 1 day ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 38 views: 7,044
jproc 1 day ago

I post this here because Prism Sound Lyra 2 is considered a mastering interface in the magazines and selling sites. Here i...

ilias
replies: 17 views: 4,158
Maxime Wathieu 1 day ago

For Mastering Purposes: I have a limited budget (6-8k) to get myself a nice Analog EQ and compressor used EQ: I'm thinking...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 25 views: 1,879
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 2 days ago

Let's talk about the custom EQs at Bernie Grundman's. There's surprisingly little info out there about them. Best as I can...

JLaPointe
replies: 4 views: 943
DBarbarulo 2 days ago

Do any of you handsome and knowledgeable folk know where to buy some vinyl blanks in different colours? It's difficult enough...

csl
replies: 4 views: 4,365
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Picked up Katy Perry's "One of the Boys" album on CD and downloaded Taylor Swift's big single "You Belong to...

audioaddict
replies: 50 views: 9,461
Folkie 3 days ago

Fellow Gearslutz Members, Greetings of the day ! Can anyone guide me on how Brian Big Bass Gardner, ex engineer at Bernie...

darkalex
replies: 18 views: 1,765
cl-audio 3 days ago

Hi, I'm a bit confused as to the effect of the "channel link transients / channel link release" functions in the Pro...

Dust_bunnie
replies: 5 views: 475
SmoothTone 3 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 115 views: 35,073
Analogue Mastering 3 days ago

this thread spits off from here in the Kite thread. what I am trying to find out here is: 1) use of Pultecs (and clones) in...

peter sikking
replies: 48 views: 3,520
Franco 3 days ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 55 views: 4,103
VitalianoZ 3 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 948 views: 139,127
Hendyamps 3 days ago

Hi, I am searching for the best native Vari-Mu emulation (or with a similar glueing without compressing too much behaviour)...

ampar
replies: 105 views: 12,448
ardis 4 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,038 views: 109,871
dankin 4 days ago

So been looking at limiters like Elevate that have a clipper stage. Problem is I don't like it on anything at any ratio. Yes you...

Carl Freeland
replies: 11 views: 615
VitalianoZ 4 days ago

Hello Guys! Recently i move to a Lynx hilo as my main converter, lovely sound! The thing is that i feel like there is no...

MattVCO
replies: 12 views: 980
MattVCO 4 days ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 135 views: 26,799
Paul_G 4 days ago

Here is a review from Absolute Sound about my speakers. I think it says it all about why they are such great speakers for...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 28 views: 5,359
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Hello and -help!- to all TC M6000 Users! --EDIT: detailed descrition in #8 below Since yesterday i can not load old scenes...

joemeek
replies: 8 views: 1,250
echoRausch 5 days ago

For a clean EQ at the beginning of chain what's your pick? Maselec MEA-2 vs Focusrite 315 Vs GML 9500 thinking to put a...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 3 views: 610
JimmyBoyZ 5 days ago

For me, the Sontec Mastering EQ was always the "Holy Grail," greatest equalizer I ever heard etc because of the way...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 47 views: 10,522
SharpKillerCable 5 days ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 158 views: 23,656
ELEKTOR_PROJECT 6 days ago

anyone else hearing this unintentional distortion at 1:02 on Kacey Musgraves new single 'Butterflies'? (right side more than...

greenroom
replies: 37 views: 4,595
Monsieur_R 6 days ago

Im finding it hard to find out information on what exactly is the time domain, and how to manipulate this for mastering purposes,...

bojobojo
replies: 20 views: 1,530
Gusss 6 days ago

I´m looking to get a Tubecore 3U ME for bus duties and mastering 4x4 music. People say tubes are too slow for EDM but it has...

XAXAU
replies: 9 views: 1,908
gnotgnot 6 days ago

Just thought I'd share this bizarre story. I did a mastering for a band last year. The album is pretty long so it's a double...

tgs
replies: 22 views: 1,977
_barnee 6 days ago

Hello there, I still own a trusty 16 channel lynx Aurora Converter and was wondering if the RME ADI-2 Pro FS would be an upgrade...

spankjam
replies: 0 views: 655
spankjam 1 week ago

In his video on Sterling Sound website Ted Jensen says "There's plugins I wouldn't wanna be without" At 0:26, 0:30 and...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 5 views: 1,041
JimmyBoyZ 1 week ago

Hei, I've been thinking about starting to use the Kramer Master Tape and the Abbey Road Vinyl in my master chain. I mostly...

YungUlv
replies: 4 views: 847
Bob Olhsson 1 week ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 480 views: 88,358
Few Knobs 1 week ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 76 views: 10,498
JimmyBoyZ 1 week ago

He has an all outboard workflow and I figured you guys would be in to it. Check it out...

thedreampolice
replies: 7 views: 952
tengu 1 week ago

Does it really matter? Is it just the noise floor or is there another sonic difference? I don't notice any significant...

Trakworx
replies: 25 views: 1,066
SmoothTone 1 week ago

Out of curiosity, I tried to look into what is offered in this regard by the iZotop’s mastering assistant, and something...

Sonic_Beast
replies: 6 views: 579
ardis 1 week ago

Started work in earnest on our latest product the MTB-1. It is a stereo processor that will have multiple ways of modifying...

RogerFoote
replies: 344 views: 42,218
RogerFoote 1 week ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 93 views: 12,703
Justin P. 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search