The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

GS regular Brian Lucey (@lucey) is doing a cool LIVE Q+A with our friends at pureMix.net - it's happening on Thursday, but you...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 582
Whitecat 4 days ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 14,094
BT Mastering 1 week ago

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 21,507
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 27,834
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 53,924
Riccardo 11th October 2007

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 14 views: 856
Boxtone 7 minutes ago

Hi there, I've been away for a few years… Let me ask one simple question… How is the EBU R128 accepted regarding...

mdoelger
replies: 21 views: 1,187
moostapha 48 minutes ago

I got off to a rocky start with the Pure2 but I think I may be converted... :lol: First thing I noticed when unpacking the...

MattGray
replies: 259 views: 48,877
erickgc182 1 hour ago

Miad EQ

Has anyone else tried these in their room yet. I have a pair on demo that I can't let go. Amazing boxes. They have the bottom...

Paul_G
replies: 66 views: 9,031
prepanic 5 hours ago

Hello guys, I discovered this new brand, (UTA) Under Tone Audio, making a replica of the legendary Fairchild 670. here is the...

BT Mastering
replies: 29 views: 6,005
mixerguy 6 hours ago

Id like to upgrade my AD/DA at some point with the latest Cranesong stuff, from current RME ADI-2 Pro, but can only afford about...

Kimotei
replies: 8 views: 494
teebaum 8 hours ago

Show your Mastering set up 2012jkthtyrt

hubercraft
replies: 810 views: 244,820
johannburkard 13 hours ago

Seems like there is a lot of DIY mastering going on these days. (As evidence would show in the mix section of this forum and...

eternalsound
replies: 5 views: 478
szmola 16 hours ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 911 views: 100,515
Byron Pierce 20 hours ago

Question to the owners: Is Weiss Eq still worth the money they are asking for it? I know about ergonomics, ease of use etc,...

gregor z
replies: 34 views: 9,223
guitar012001 1 day ago

I'm interest in the Prism converters and looking to pick up the Lyra 2 or Titan. Besides channel count, it seems like the Titan...

Sonic Mastering
replies: 26 views: 5,396
erickgc182 1 day ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 44 views: 4,025
John Moran 1 day ago

Not sure if I'm using the correct section for this. Can anyone recommend good Vinyl pressing plants please? Also, I was hoping...

maestro
replies: 8 views: 508
5.333V 1 day ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 29 views: 2,560
RogerFoote 1 day ago

I have been comparing my stuff to popular songs nowadays and one thing I have really noticed is their masters look so squashed on...

carlosdanger
replies: 85 views: 6,162
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 151 views: 10,636
Eklo 2 days ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 98 views: 25,766
soundroid 2 days ago

Was wondering if anybody is using that just for mastering.

spektor
replies: 2 views: 403
spektor 2 days ago

Hi ! It’s time for me to find a perfect de-esser plugin for Mastering. Transparent De-essing and de-harshing are my main...

phaz
replies: 58 views: 4,174
Trakworx 2 days ago

Wait till he gets to the eq rockout :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0IPhbJ0gTY

cooker
replies: 4 views: 397
cooker 2 days ago

Hey everybody my Neve Portico II MBP arrived today, and I’m very pleased. So today I had a lot of time to play with this bad...

JaeKelz24
replies: 13 views: 1,480
Solic 3 days ago

Hello, I'm shopping for a pristine 2 channel DA converter just for monitoring purposes. Since I've read for years about it I'm...

OMU
replies: 38 views: 6,441
bmanic 3 days ago

Hi there, I will be taking a 3 week holiday and although I shall not be doing any actual mastering work whilst away, I must have...

OneMillionMangos
replies: 270 views: 30,003
ardis 3 days ago

I recently did a test of L*NDR for the podcast I am doing with a couple of collegues, thought it could be of interest for the...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 81 views: 6,497
FabienTDR 3 days ago

For years I have been running WaveLab 6 on an XP machine. My new machine runs Windows 7 and I am having difficulty getting...

wildplum
replies: 3 views: 347
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

What are your go-to combinations of clipping and limiting plugins? How do you use them? When do you use them? What is the...

theMuzzl3
replies: 33 views: 1,903
theMuzzl3 3 days ago

Hey guys, Using the newest version of CD Burn.DDP.Master here Trying to enter a 12 digit UPC code in the 'UPC/EAN Slot, and...

parisminzer
replies: 4 views: 319
Adam Dempsey 4 days ago

Hello, I am a mastering engineer in Stockholm, Sweden. I got asked to suggest a good pair of neutral (i.e as flat as...

musicinthemaking
replies: 22 views: 673
hairbow 4 days ago

Hello, Are there are any speakers out there for around £1000 (pair) that one could master on and do any of you seasoned...

fragment67
replies: 56 views: 1,890
Riccardo 4 days ago

Hi Folks, This ME sent me two mastered version of the same track. I would like to pick some stuff from the first version (i.e....

jackontheroad
replies: 17 views: 651
evosilica 4 days ago

Help please ! Teaboy Audio is down.. I can't connect to the servers, Can someone please check if it's working or the problem is...

TanTan
replies: 2 views: 348
da goose 4 days ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 51 views: 11,909
ZeroSnake 4 days ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 33 views: 4,781
___GLM___ 5 days ago

Hey there, did anyone already compare the New Crane Song HEDD Quantum ADDA Vs. Antelope Pure2 ? What did you think ?

TanTan
replies: 35 views: 8,580
JVFM 5 days ago

Has anyone compared the hardware versions of the RC and L2 to the software versions. I am thinking of picking up a Waves Maxx BCL...

POPE
replies: 27 views: 9,983
Trakworx 6 days ago

The MLA-2 is not my main compressor. But I use it from time to time for certain types of program. I like this instrument for it's...

Tom Meyer
replies: 14 views: 2,674
Ben F 6 days ago

Hello everyone. A colleague sells a Studer A80 Pre-Listening. Is it possible to change the head block by normal? Worth? Would...

Ingenia
replies: 6 views: 821
Ingenia 1 week ago

For a complete analog recording i search a good/neutral sounding par. EQ. I have an offer about a TC Electronic 2240 and a...

Jumpy
replies: 4 views: 622
Jumpy 1 week ago

Hi, This will open up a lot of discussion and vague gear words such as “character”, “warmth”, “heft” and the such....

hairbow
replies: 11 views: 803
RogerFoote 1 week ago

Hi all. I'm experiment with switching around my audio interfaces but without getting into reasons I'm now stuck without a...

F. Davis
replies: 6 views: 405
F. Davis 1 week ago

Hey fellows, Which limiter do you use before AD conversion at the end of your analog mastering chain? Am aiming for an...

krishnin
replies: 2 views: 403
Slug1 1 week ago

Hi there, I mix songs for clients (they send me the stems) and all works well. The music is not alway's to my taste but that...

drexmeister
replies: 10 views: 705
engmix 1 week ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 31 views: 1,972
kwazi 1 week ago

Hi all. I'm not sure what to look for, so I'm very stuck finding what I want. Here is what I'd like: (I've seen it before, but I...

jrhager84
replies: 22 views: 3,717
freehousestudios 1 week ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 130 views: 15,801
morfi 1 week ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Hi all, I have an SPL Passeq (the original silver one) that I'm considering moving to a different insert point on my...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 10 views: 495
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 1 week ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 148 views: 14,862
SmoothTone 1 week ago

I remember a while ago seeing pictures of a mastering room or control room that had a back wall that could be opened up to reveal...

tgs
replies: 3 views: 746
misjah 1 week ago

Hi, I recently picked up a B77 (1st gen, only 7.5ips) to bounce tracks to and I absolutely love it. I’m not a commercial...

proxy
replies: 6 views: 609
proxy 1 week ago

When I learned about this unit I thought this forum would pick it up fast! Doesnt seem to have happened yet dispite it's being...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 63 views: 16,381
shamelesssounds 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search