The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored By BetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 113 views: 23,310
Trakworx 3 days ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 29 views: 21,883
KStC 4th July 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 32,939
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 58,944
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I've been getting into mastering and I still do some of the work with plugins like Gulfoss and Soothe and Ozone plus a bunch of...

occam
replies: 20 views: 1,619
Slug1 2 hours ago

I'm just gonna leave this here.. https://phonocut.com/ http://vinylgif.com/gifs/201412/hypnotic-spiral-vinyl.gif

bcgood
replies: 9 views: 739
bcgood 2 hours ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 423 views: 92,490
msmucr 6 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 849 views: 77,382
kirito 6 hours ago

I've read the threads on the forums about the Amari and there really isn't any answers about this machine. There's one guy who...

vaesion
replies: 2 views: 304
Skriabin 8 hours ago
replies: 41 views: 3,245
aleatoric 10 hours ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 160 views: 6,988
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 20 hours ago

Hey! I have Mytek 8x192 with ADAT-DIO card. I want to use it with RME 9632, where Mytek will be converting ADDA and RME work as...

Centrala
replies: 5 views: 413
msmucr 20 hours ago

After 4 years of good use on the Barefoot MM12 prototypes I've moved to a more traditionally designed 3-way floorstander, raised...

lucey
replies: 73 views: 16,130
oivavoi 20 hours ago

anyone try this sexy eq ? or compared with knif soma ? look like gml9500

makhour
replies: 171 views: 29,785
teebaum 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 314 views: 36,778
thermos 1 day ago

Has anyone tried to access their Sonoris account lately? Out of the blue DDP Creator lost its authorization on my system and when...

Greg Reierson
replies: 9 views: 656
potscrubber 1 day ago

I posted this question in another thread due to me not having access here, so maybe I can get more answers now that I can post...

locnus
replies: 36 views: 5,245
AudioKemestry 1 day ago

Hi all, Just wanted to see if any of you fine folk have formed opinions on the new features of Ozone 9 yet. For my own part,...

crackmandu
replies: 8 views: 793
Justin P. 1 day ago

Hey everyone! I'm looking for an alternative to Ozone multiband stereo imager. I'm running a version of Mac OS which is too...

VP_Music
replies: 9 views: 874
VP_Music 1 day ago

Hi, please help to understand this. So I have narrowed my search here: Isolated Transformer: It separates the physical contact...

manman
replies: 21 views: 22,157
Jihn Shaw 2 days ago

Im doing my very first paid mastering job, and the client has asked if I can embed the ISRC codes into the tracks. Are there any...

Carbinax
replies: 32 views: 22,189
Hans Island 2 days ago

apparently soundBlade is 'no bueno por nada' with Mac OS X High Sierra. thought i'd post this notice for my other ME bros that...

Jerry Tubb
replies: 11 views: 1,885
Jerry Tubb 3 days ago

Hey esteemed ME's ! Everybody's making lists of EQ and compressor plugins these days...but how about putting a list of great...

Uli Auer
replies: 5 views: 497
Miles Flint 3 days ago

Ok, we've had the STC-8 tips n tricks thread, which I found pretty interesting, especially for such a "deep" box. So...

Thor
replies: 168 views: 79,156
SRS 3 days ago

See https://dsd-guide.com/amazon-enters-world-high-definition-music-streaming-why-it-matters#.XZ0GKSUpCM8

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 7 views: 500
Justin P. 3 days ago

Does anyone know who might sell (or manufacture) 1/2U 19" vented blank rack panels?

24-96 Mastering
replies: 27 views: 10,452
SmoothTone 4 days ago

Michael Fremer from Analog Planet video gives extensive tour of GZ Media. It is the world's largest record pressing plant...

Plush
replies: 0 views: 354
Plush 4 days ago

Debated whether to put this in the EDM production forum but this is clearly some kind of mastering trickery going on here. Drum...

Iron Octopus
replies: 12 views: 1,402
loji 4 days ago

I’m continually amazed by the low overall level of CD rips of the original mid-late 80s releases. I’m not talking about...

basehead617
replies: 101 views: 7,312
Bob Olhsson 5 days ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 45 views: 4,967
macc 5 days ago

Is someone using it? Why is so quiet about it? 130db of headroom, transparent or transformer input stage..... how is clipp?

Luke Skywalker
replies: 11 views: 2,017
IanBSC 5 days ago

... according to Sonic Circus. It's still available on Maselec's home-page product page however. Any update on...

Iron Octopus
replies: 4 views: 449
Frank Oglethorpe 5 days ago

Hey estimated MEs, I'm putting a hybrid mastering setup together and wonder what kinds of workflows people using analog gear...

Uli Auer
replies: 39 views: 2,753
Miles Flint 5 days ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 131 views: 18,996
theMuzzl3 5 days ago

Hello Everyone, Hope you are doing well. I am interested to learn your thoughts regarding an online mastering/mixing...

garry_spectrum
replies: 21 views: 1,408
Uli Auer 6 days ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 115 views: 32,127
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 6 days ago

Hi guys, I was just about to splash (a lot) of cash on a Sterling Modular Plan A desk. Quite expensive in the UK and a long...

audiomaster
replies: 38 views: 7,103
matucha 1 week ago

Is any of you doing mastering in a small room with low ceiling? (7ft) Is it doable in such a small room or is it a complete no...

Alphavoyager
replies: 47 views: 3,519
Alphavoyager 1 week ago

Hello Mastering Engineers, I'm having some tracks mastered right now, and my ME kindly offers to supply both 44.1 and 48kHz...

musicus
replies: 10 views: 627
msmucr 1 week ago

Seems they are moving to newly built facilities in New Jersey and Nashville. Looks like the new facilities will have soffit...

Slug1
replies: 6 views: 807
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,226 views: 138,740
chet.d 1 week ago

I am wondering what studios in Europe cut lacquers off DSD now with contacts to press plants for a smallish press run with no...

DAH
replies: 13 views: 1,000
DSD_Mastering 1 week ago

Hi! What do you do guys when the mix it's already too loud with no possibility to ask a more relaxed versión?

JohnyJoe
replies: 9 views: 1,572
Robo 1 week ago

Ozone 8

Hasn't been mentioned here, because the upgrade policy etc are just a bloodbath. But really good processing. Spectral shaper...

thermos
replies: 126 views: 37,633
James Lehmann 1 week ago

Dear sluz need some advice. At the moment I own a uad apollo twin mkII quad. I have been getting more and more mastering jobs...

bari_floydian
replies: 15 views: 1,230
Deptronic 1 week ago

So far I always tried to preserve a high sampling rate as long as possible when doing masters, so SRC is done after limiting...

uphonic
replies: 25 views: 2,125
kant3r 1 week ago

for 2-channel music production .. is the SRC any different in Advanced than in Standard? Are there more flexible...

loji
replies: 14 views: 1,281
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

So i'm putting a small album of a short movie on Spotify and am currently trying to master it using Ozone. The difficult part...

ThomasNL
replies: 1 views: 447
Ruairi 1 week ago

Hey all. I really like the feature set and transparent sound of this compressor (Plugin Alliance version). However, I really...

seanmccoy
replies: 29 views: 2,868
seanmccoy 1 week ago

'Got an Aussie client who wants to press vinyl from prepped digital files that I'll provide. She's asking for advice on vinyl...

Trakworx
replies: 3 views: 420
Adam Dempsey 1 week ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 116 views: 21,576
theMuzzl3 1 week ago

Dear Gearslutz, Do you think the Merging Anubis (Pro Version) could be a good contender / alternative to the Lynx Hilo ?...

mmn
replies: 15 views: 1,976
mmn 1 week ago

I hereby pledge to not answer questions about processors with advice about monitoring. Please join me. Thank you!

Trakworx
replies: 2 views: 600
Conundra 1 week ago

Anyone tried this? Really impressive. Not a full digital mastering EQ by any stretch, lacks a few vital tools...

Joe_caithness
replies: 24 views: 6,001
theMuzzl3 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search