The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 37 views: 5,271
Hermetech Mastering 3 weeks ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 17,815
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 24,228
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 30,181
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 56,253
Riccardo 11th October 2007

So far I always tried to preserve a high sampling rate as long as possible when doing masters, so SRC is done after limiting...

uphonic
replies: 12 views: 820
uphonic 3 hours ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 63 views: 7,529
macc 3 hours ago
replies: 6 views: 3,656
bearjew 19 hours ago

Hi ! It’s time for me to find a perfect de-esser plugin for Mastering. Transparent De-essing and de-harshing are my main...

phaz
replies: 68 views: 8,064
E-Irizarry 21 hours ago

Hiya! So I'm sure you all know that youtube applies volume normalization to all the tracks, and most of the case the music is...

JamesZhan
replies: 37 views: 9,598
Naindurth 1 day ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 600 views: 77,200
Rolleum 1 day ago

Hey there, Has anyone tried out the APP992 opamps as an alternate to say 2520 opamps? Just seeing if there was any noticeable...

Channel time
replies: 1 views: 1,214
benewmusic 1 day ago

I found this restoration suite from Acon Digital. Restoration Suite | Noise Reduction Plug-ins It works very well and is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 536
Trakworx 1 day ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 553 views: 41,460
Muser 1 day ago

Do you think that effort can migitate difference between "ITB" and "OTB"? Recently I've been back to trying...

soundmodel
replies: 55 views: 2,358
newguy1 1 day ago

DMG Audio : Products : Multiplicity Looks like perhaps the dream multiband tool I've been waiting for... Anyone beta-tested...

Trakworx
replies: 160 views: 14,613
Mimieux 1 day ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 469 views: 76,451
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 408 views: 82,865
J4R10 2 days ago

Hello everyone! I have the Manley Vari Mu and API 2500 as my analog compressors, I'm happy with them. However, to have...

marcenavia
replies: 46 views: 6,136
macc 2 days ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 19 views: 3,664
AudioKemestry 2 days ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 24 views: 1,381
indyman797 3 days ago

Can anyone recommend a high quality patch bay for mastering? I was contemplating something like the SSL X-Patch but it doesn't...

Unsound
replies: 29 views: 7,648
S_mask 3 days ago

I need to 1 mastering sound card with with this parameter : 1. +24 dbu in/out or more ... 2. 24 bit / 96 khz 3. just 2...

toofanstudio
replies: 13 views: 1,213
Slug1 3 days ago

Hello guys! I am new posting in this site, although I have been following it for a couple of years now. I am writting to...

maostudios
replies: 10 views: 1,274
angel72bg 3 days ago

Hi all. This is the additional test to the units we testet in this threads: mastering eq comparison test mastering compressor...

teebaum
replies: 36 views: 3,478
SmoothTone 4 days ago

Wow. Randomly was checking the Bettermaker site and what do I see? A mastering EQ with a totally new interface a la the...

Boxtone
replies: 8 views: 1,764
Marogru 4 days ago

I’m curious as to whether it’s common for the radio singles from a release to be mastered in their own right, specifically...

ollieneedham
replies: 9 views: 1,124
Bob Olhsson 5 days ago

Hi guys, I want to get a monitoring/speaker system for doing mastering. I’ve been reading in this forum that a good entry...

mesqui01
replies: 18 views: 4,899
rwhitney 6 days ago

Is there still not a "versatile"/do-all compressor "topology"? Particularly, I've been trying to find an...

soundmodel
replies: 4 views: 591
zvukofor 6 days ago

Anyone have experience with these? They are finally coming to the States. Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeakers Review & Test |...

Quantumphysics
replies: 0 views: 418
Quantumphysics 6 days ago

I've recently had the opportunity to demo the MAAG EQ4M whilst my ageing NSEQ-2 standard has gone in for repair. Although as...

J_Flux
replies: 11 views: 2,625
Ben F 6 days ago

Not trying to spark the usual tail chasing or armchair philosophizing that seems to always results from such topics, but suffice...

Apollo del Rio
replies: 41 views: 1,569
Apollo del Rio 1 week ago

Okay, so how much does hardware vs software compression really matter? Even though I have some okay outboard (COMP-2A, Behringer...

soundmodel
replies: 53 views: 6,027
Paul_G 1 week ago

Hey, I just made a hiphop kind of track in Ableton. As i just got myself a Tascam 38 i obviously had to try bouncing it on...

hatty gersack
replies: 24 views: 1,240
Paul_G 1 week ago

how wide stereo image of audio can be accept be pressing plant is it somes to vinyl ? are there any rules and safety...

cichy
replies: 16 views: 2,258
mcsnare 1 week ago

Hoping this is the correct forum for this Q :) Those of you using a mix of digital and analog equipment in your...

JEL
replies: 29 views: 2,191
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

hello! what is your favourite mastering EQ (hardware only) for hi mids boosts as well as for high boosts? thank you vlado

[email protected]
replies: 22 views: 1,571
teebaum 1 week ago

Hello, I have an Adi-2 Pro and am currently considering a Crane Song HEDD Quantum so I can have two additional high quality...

moustachio
replies: 9 views: 956
JVFM 1 week ago

I'm curious, how many of you actually use tape emulation when mastering? I auditioned the UAD ATR 102 last week and for the life...

Reverb
replies: 31 views: 1,992
JVFM 1 week ago

I've got the Waves Abbey Road Vinyl plugin on the master of a couple of my tracks I'm sending to master. The mastering engineer...

Taragana
replies: 5 views: 976
Dr. Mordo 1 week ago

Do you ever? If so, when, why, and how? I haven't found specific usage out of this methodology, but I would like to find...

theMuzzl3
replies: 25 views: 1,940
TanTan 1 week ago

hey folks! we recently released our first EP. 2 days ago it was finally available on Spotify too but when i listened to it i...

tape_attack!!!
replies: 17 views: 1,256
Ben F 1 week ago

This free one LoudMax imo is better than iZotope Maximizer, Limiter 6 and any of the build in tools of Propellerhead Reason,...

Raaphorst
replies: 4 views: 866
johannburkard 1 week ago

Did some of you work with the new Gyraf G21 in a mastering sessions?

priko
replies: 34 views: 5,851
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 1 week ago

I'm trying to hear the difference between a WAV and MFiT file my Mastering Engineer provided me with of the same song - I can't...

trenten7
replies: 26 views: 2,969
Bob Olhsson 1 week ago

Guys: This little free plug is great! Is there a paid plug that does the same but w/higher quality? Just wondering......

Claude G.
replies: 34 views: 7,059
blaugruen7 2 weeks ago

I'm mixing and mastering my own work for an online series, and have come up against an issue in trying to get a sonic balance...

oboemaroni
replies: 4 views: 611
eternalsound 2 weeks ago

I know all the streaming services are a bit different, but does anyone know if they account for volume for an Album on a song by...

JDN
replies: 3 views: 522
Trakworx 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I recently got my hands on a pair of Westlake BBSM-6 Monitors. I asked around and read on these forums, and decided...

MattPowell
replies: 13 views: 4,977
Hoyray 2 weeks ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 504 views: 29,841
MIAD 2 weeks ago

What is best DAW for mastering in 2019 ? 1. Prism Sound Sadie 2. Steinberg Wavelab 3. Izotope Ozone 4. IK Multimedia...

toofanstudio
replies: 23 views: 2,180
gio2k 2 weeks ago

Hello! has anyone had a chance to compare Porter Grinder and HCL Thermos side by side? If yes - the pro and cons?...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 692
Labs 2 weeks ago

I thought I would try this out in the mastering section since many of you full time ME's have invested considerable scratch on...

engmix
replies: 7 views: 731
jamesp 2 weeks ago

this reads fantastic on paper. 3 transformers and 4 tubes per channel, various types of compression modes, controllable from...

karumba
replies: 26 views: 4,848
Hansest 2 weeks ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 155 views: 36,930
ardis 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search