The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 28 views: 11,724
Kayo 21st July 2020

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 256 views: 86,619
Trakworx 8th June 2020

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 41,467
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 67,360
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hey guys, I am really troubled after practising mastering since over a year, I've reached a stage that I just cannot listen to...

darkalex
replies: 15 views: 303
Strut78 36 minutes ago

Hey everyone, Short time lurker, first time poster. I'm relatively new to the world of mastering. Been interning with Matthew...

Phillip Dempster
replies: 79 views: 4,893
TanTan 2 hours ago

The prices of the mpl and mds went up significantly at Sweetwater and VKA. Can’t remember original prices for mea. I wonder...

Slug1
replies: 10 views: 418
___GLM___ 2 hours ago

Hey Guys, I had a question about ITB processing, for engineers who master in the box or hybrid, how do you make sure the...

darkalex
replies: 80 views: 3,734
misjah 2 hours ago

As title says. Looking to make a kick more defined, and as if the music sorta wraps/glues around it in harmony, for the...

Barncore
replies: 24 views: 2,710
Slug1 4 hours ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 349 views: 88,202
RightOnRome 10 hours ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 657 views: 107,998
Rolleum 10 hours ago

I'm in the market for a new AD/DA. And just as I'm about to settle on a Lynx Hilo, Apogee comes out with it's new...

TheMegaMan
replies: 39 views: 8,495
Ari88 11 hours ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 136 views: 17,517
Lando Calrissian 14 hours ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 222 views: 24,494
macc 16 hours ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just saw this intriguing photo on Facebook. Come on then, Jakob, what's the...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 15 views: 2,878
macc 16 hours ago

Any recommendations for a bluetooth transmitter for the studio? I bought a cheap transmitter on Amazon but it gates at low...

Greg Reierson
replies: 0 views: 120
Greg Reierson 18 hours ago

Hi guys, After testing a big bunch of multiband compressors, I can’t find a direct substitute of the old TC MD3 in my master...

Antonio Escobar
replies: 18 views: 671
thehightenor 20 hours ago

Standard LUFS for platform . Easy way to know about your loudness on platform . ---------------- But When I...

toofanstudio
replies: 0 views: 180
toofanstudio 22 hours ago

I’d like to add a broad strokes, intuitive end of chain EQ that is both euphonic and versatile. Doing lots of filmscore type...

Boxtone
replies: 23 views: 1,375
darkalex 1 day ago

Hi When using Wavelab 10, is there a reason why you cannot embed ISRC codes to AAC files? Works fine with WAV and mp3 and...

joho
replies: 1 views: 213
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Hi all. After a number of searches regarding the best software SRC, I down loaded the demo of Izotope RX. The general...

Ski spiggy
replies: 4 views: 483
Alexey Lukin 1 day ago

Hey there all, I've heard a rumour or two about Dangerous Music putting an insert switcher/router together, that they took...

areyousure
replies: 135 views: 33,518
Slug1 2 days ago

Best balanced speaker/power amp around $500? Any mastering quality amps out there in the price range, give or take, that will...

NickLeoAudio
replies: 4 views: 255
leadplayer 2 days ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just thought I'd start this thread for people to note down any hardware EQs they come across that have true stereo control: i.e....

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 59 views: 3,425
mozumbo 3 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 192 views: 53,651
JSchlomo 3 days ago

Haven't seen an update to this recently (since ~2016) and quality seems to be ever-changing for both companies. I've been happily...

7up partridge
replies: 8 views: 609
kludgeaudio 3 days ago

Hi I’m going to start a project remastering tracks from CD - can anyone recommend sample conversion rate and bit depth? I was...

phillus
replies: 36 views: 688
phillus 3 days ago

Hi ! It’s time for me to find a perfect de-esser plugin for Mastering. Transparent De-essing and de-harshing are my main...

phaz
replies: 70 views: 13,190
scraggs 4 days ago

I'll make it short and sweet: Best modern interface ~$500 with mastering quality D/A converters? Shoot!

NickLeoAudio
replies: 20 views: 877
NickLeoAudio 4 days ago

If this has been discussed ad nauseum, I can't find it. So feel free to send me links if you have them. But volume wars and...

seanmccoy
replies: 15 views: 825
seanmccoy 4 days ago

Time to order some tape. Is RTM SM911 the closest to Quantegy 456 specs ? I'm looking for the most recent production date. Who...

Quantumphysics
replies: 2 views: 394
Plush 4 days ago

Was wondering if any MEs have tried the Hilbert detector in the new Black Rooster KH compressor. I think the use of the Hilbert...

db9d9
replies: 24 views: 2,684
John Dyson 5 days ago

Here's a Suggestion: Why doesn't a plugin developer comeuppance with a Plugin where you can visually see the movement of attack...

sheriff
replies: 4 views: 475
Conundra 6 days ago

Hi, Could someone point me to a VST/AU OSX plugin in order to visualize hardware EQ settings? I have tried a pink noise...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 3 views: 481
biksonije 6 days ago

Yesterday I visited the audiologist department of a major medical institution here in the Seattle area for some custom-molded...

Lights
replies: 68 views: 20,840
Russell Dawkins 6 days ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 209 views: 21,720
mljung 6 days ago

i have a problem between my Tegeler eqp 1 and my IGS Tubecore I am very happy with Tubecore, but now I have a problem, I...

Bichop
replies: 3 views: 329
5.333V 6 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 266 views: 36,143
Riccardo 6 days ago

Hi All! I have a client who is in the 40th year of her career, and wanting to put several vintage projects up for digital...

mixboy bob
replies: 3 views: 432
Riccardo 6 days ago

unfortunately t.c. has stopped the production of the bmc-2. now I am looking for a small, digital monitor controller - digital in...

teebaum
replies: 61 views: 4,787
msmucr 1 week ago

Dear all, I've been unlucky, and durign a storm a lighting struck my house, and made a spike pass through my power conditioner...

Pisi
replies: 72 views: 23,452
nosebleedaudio 1 week ago

Miad EQ

Has anyone else tried these in their room yet. I have a pair on demo that I can't let go. Amazing boxes. They have the bottom...

Paul_G
replies: 78 views: 15,391
jurek zagorski 1 week ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 120 views: 14,063
Stereo Flux 1 week ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 44 views: 9,033
copiapoa 1 week ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 43 views: 8,144
rypalm 1 week ago

Not sure if anyone is familiar with the quality of the converters on this Clarette interface. But I was considering getting the...

crowdedplaces
replies: 13 views: 747
gearstudent 1 week ago

Which is the best dither which allows for a transparent bit depth reduction from 24bit to 16bit? I've used the iZotope MBIT+...

darkalex
replies: 7 views: 800
Mindtree 1 week ago

In both my day job (ads) and doing both record mixing and FOH, seems to me that guys like things brighter. Or, more accurately,...

Brent Hahn
replies: 47 views: 1,752
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Maybe some of you share my experience, whether you mix and master your own tracks or work for someone else: it seems I just can't...

Good Times
replies: 103 views: 3,175
Sextuor 1 week ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,230 views: 152,002
DAH 1 week ago

. . . . The RED edition is PURE BEAUTY !!!! :-) (SPL email answer: "We're selling it in black. The red one is a special...

JIRI PASKA
replies: 111 views: 34,816
ionian 1 week ago

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Prism Lyra AD side. So I'd like to know how compares Dangerous AD+ vs the Crane song...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 48 views: 13,926
raal 1 week ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 137 views: 28,788
sakamoto 1 week ago

Hi, was comparing different presets in Ozone's Vintage Tape (version 8) and noticed quite a few used negative input drive values...

Aperus
replies: 5 views: 808
E-Irizarry 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search