The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By BetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 159 views: 41,431
The_Phoenix_2018 4 hours ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 22 views: 4,040
Dokterrock 1 week ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 35,936
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 61,891
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 335 views: 43,794
TJ5 32 minutes ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 531 views: 37,633
monomer 1 hour ago

Wouldn't it be a bad thing if the transients from my drums turned down the volume of my vocals every time gain reduction was...

IGotWorms
replies: 1 views: 54
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 1 hour ago

I feel a price rise coming on for vinyl pre-masters! ;) kfhkh https://youtu.be/4hQ6NqEroK4

I.R.Baboon
replies: 3 views: 197
JTransition 2 hours ago

I'm working on a project that will eventually come out in Spanish and English versions. The Spanish vinyl will ideally be...

lowland
replies: 2 views: 596
lowland 2 hours ago

Is there a VST EQ that allows one to alter the phase, WITHOUT affecting frequency? Any linear phase EQ will let you alter...

loji
replies: 8 views: 480
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

I’m wondering if there’s a Scientific term for this, let me describe what I mean: I’m mastering a song for a client...

Franco
replies: 7 views: 481
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

As far as I understand, clipping is a big part of mastering, at least in electronic music. I even like the clipped sound as long...

Jalle
replies: 1 views: 109
Teej 4 hours ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 84 views: 31,552
JSchlomo 7 hours ago

SOLVED Music tribe support was much faster than expected! Thank you Uli:-)!! Hello community! My first "pls help"...

joemeek
replies: 1 views: 188
sub-d0 8 hours ago

There is very few posts on these compressors and zero Thread on this brand, maybe it is one of the new secrect weapon in some...

TEEO
replies: 21 views: 6,237
parisminzer 10 hours ago

Can you guys please recommend some reference tracks of Disco and Funk music of 70/80s? I rather the original masters(no...

SPORT
replies: 19 views: 966
chrisso 23 hours ago

Hi, Could somebody with good room tell me if "The watcher" Dr dre 2001 is a good reference track? The reason I ask is I...

Carl Freeland
replies: 1 views: 584
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

Hey guys. Mastering question. When mastering? Do you cut some of the hi’s? And if so, how much? I was always getting this...

rallycapmusic
replies: 17 views: 630
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 1 day ago

I recently redid my studio with: Apollo x8 > Drawmer MC 2.1 > Barefoots. Running Apollo output at full loudness...

proxy
replies: 0 views: 571
proxy 1 day ago

Ok ch'all, I realize that these instant mastering sites get a lot of debate, criticism, etc...that's not what this thread is...

SDB_12
replies: 106 views: 11,287
Papanate 1 day ago

The Ceiling in Limitless is set to -0.5dB and its internal readings shows me that it peaks out at -0.5dBTP. The loudness meter...

Slogun
replies: 11 views: 730
FabienTDR 1 day ago

So so many people want their records to sound like the real records being pushed out by your major labels or your top...

tru
replies: 30 views: 4,216
Skamm Goodiez 1 day ago

I ask this at the risk of revealing my age! What is a great CD drive these days with low error rates and reliabilty? Preferably...

AB3
replies: 9 views: 498
oilcan 2 days ago

Hi, I am searching for the best native Vari-Mu emulation (or with a similar glueing without compressing too much behaviour)...

ampar
replies: 61 views: 5,901
lowland 2 days ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 75 views: 8,032
Magnus Lindberg 2 days ago

Do labels typically remaster individual tracks for digital distribution or is it still common to wait for an EP or LP first and...

Resort Records
replies: 3 views: 488
Trakworx 3 days ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 985 views: 119,946
lucey 3 days ago

I recently purchased Ozone 9 and am using it to master an album for a client. I was trying to keep myself honest by not only...

LSP
replies: 57 views: 4,914
mullersnd 3 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,007 views: 103,096
Chancie 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm thrilled to show you the first product forthcoming in 2020 on Audiotales Designs : THE ELEPHAMPS An MS...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 16 views: 1,328
AudiotalesDesign 4 days ago

Hey fellas, A little help here would be very much appreciated. I have some tracks I'm happy with—ready to release—that are...

b0se
replies: 9 views: 708
Robo 4 days ago

HI, anyone using those? I ve heard dutch&duch 8c and was blown away, so planing to change by the end of the year, but heard...

Zmago Šmon
replies: 1 views: 369
Earcatcher 4 days ago

Hello all, I've never been diligent about note taking and there have certainly been occasions where I wish I had been. Curious...

oilcan
replies: 8 views: 605
JLaPointe 4 days ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 30 views: 1,950
Doc Mixwell 5 days ago

Hi, i am searching a second o800 , does anybody in Europe sells one? Sorry i did not know where to post it, or if i could do a...

Marand
replies: 0 views: 265
Marand 5 days ago

I'm in the midst of deciding between either.. Does anyone have experiences with both?

qkrzazzang
replies: 8 views: 730
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 206 views: 50,082
warlordpriest 6 days ago

Im finding it hard to find out information on what exactly is the time domain, and how to manipulate this for mastering purposes,...

bojobojo
replies: 19 views: 1,218
SmoothTone 6 days ago

Hello! I'm looking for a good quality stereo converter for homeuse / on the road to make updates. I do master in good studio...

mcferrison
replies: 13 views: 703
ginetto61 1 week ago

I don't think I know anything about mono-stereo compatibility. My mixes don't sound bad in stereo, nor do they sound bad in mono,...

buka
replies: 1 views: 369
Ruairi 1 week ago

I've been on the waiting list for a Cranesong HEDD Quantum for over 14 months. My VK rep seems to have no idea what's going on,...

dogoftears
replies: 21 views: 2,241
Pgsmusic 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm about to release a ep and I am really worried that it just isnt loud enough. I'd hate to send off to distrokid...

slidez
replies: 6 views: 815
TJT 1 week ago

Hi guys. I just want to share a video about EDM mastering. This guy is a german producer and the techniques he used to compress...

SPORT
replies: 14 views: 1,339
AudiotalesDesign 1 week ago

Hello, I'm shopping for a pristine 2 channel DA converter just for monitoring purposes. Since I've read for years about it I'm...

OMU
replies: 61 views: 14,556
Rumi 1 week ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 125 views: 23,680
SingerSongWriter 1 week ago

Hello guys, Ive looking for new speakers for mastering, we have now new dsp monitors like Kii Audio and Dutch Dutch 8c but...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 114 views: 22,452
loji 1 week ago

I have. Its really good. I'm amazed I have seen no talk of it anywhere on this board. Got it today and quickly patched it in...

thermos
replies: 274 views: 58,511
thermos 1 week ago

Hey all, I seem to be having a consistent problem throughout my songs mixes / masters. Make it known I make Heavy dubsep, bass...

0NEYEFL0
replies: 4 views: 561
0NEYEFL0 1 week ago

I know the Massive Passive was a popular mastering EQ 10 years ago. Wondering if it is still as popular today?

Glenn Bucci
replies: 9 views: 943
Trakworx 1 week ago

Hi guys! My name is Alexander, I'm a mix engineer. I'd love to share with you the release of my "Pavlov Talks" project,...

Pavlov.Sound
replies: 1 views: 619
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 440 views: 101,099
fabriciom 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,253 views: 150,676
b0se 1 week ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 115 views: 10,886
greggybud 1 week ago

Artist-client asked if I could make a compilation DDP of two previous albums (I have the DDPs for both) for this compilation...

Kingwhistle
replies: 10 views: 510
Kingwhistle 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search