The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 85 views: 16,448
Riccardo 1 day ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 29 views: 20,699
KStC 4th July 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 32,074
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 58,129
Riccardo 11th October 2007

hello! what is your favourite mastering EQ (hardware only) for hi mids boosts as well as for high boosts? thank you vlado

[email protected]
replies: 29 views: 2,898
Paul_G 1 minute ago

Ok ch'all, I realize that these instant mastering sites get a lot of debate, criticism, etc...that's not what this thread is...

SDB_12
replies: 50 views: 5,013
rjino 1 hour ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 86 views: 9,873
Justin P. 2 hours ago

Im looking for a main mastering EQ and am deciding between trying one of these two SPL PQ or Maselec MEA-2 Can anyone with...

ElectricCompany
replies: 52 views: 9,009
GYang 3 hours ago

4 Track EP (12inch) Longest side 9'05" Is there an argument for cutting this at 33rpm instead of the 45rpm that makes more...

tonmeister
replies: 18 views: 658
jerry123 3 hours ago

Quite a few recording engineers seem to work at 48k, so hence I receive plenty of mixes that are at a 48kHz sample rate. I am...

tonmeister
replies: 5 views: 502
Bob Olhsson 4 hours ago

2 questions 1. Who checks system calibration daily with test tone before starting work? I started recently after learning the...

amit monga
replies: 13 views: 683
Trakworx 4 hours ago

I am between purchasing a Manley massive passive or a Retro 2A3. Have not heard the 2A3 but it gets rave reviews. then the...

acupunk
replies: 11 views: 5,426
fromthepuggle 16 hours ago

this reads fantastic on paper. 3 transformers and 4 tubes per channel, various types of compression modes, controllable from...

karumba
replies: 30 views: 5,890
ARIEL 16 hours ago

my interests in this forum are dwindling day by day - and i don't seem to be the only one. many of the engineers i was happy...

teebaum
replies: 189 views: 9,301
greggybud 20 hours ago

For music that's intended to be played at clubs/at high volumes, how is best sound quality and translation across systems...

J Gabriel
replies: 5 views: 536
J Gabriel 22 hours ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 138 views: 13,913
lowland 1 day ago

Wow. Randomly was checking the Bettermaker site and what do I see? A mastering EQ with a totally new interface a la the...

Boxtone
replies: 14 views: 2,962
Nikola_Tesla 1 day ago

Anyone tried this? Really impressive. Not a full digital mastering EQ by any stretch, lacks a few vital tools...

Joe_caithness
replies: 22 views: 5,093
nd33 1 day ago

Hi folks, I have a 100% hard setup, i.e. hard sequencer, synths and drum synth/drum machines, both digital and analog, mixing...

midicontrol
replies: 5 views: 819
Riccardo 1 day ago

Any heard any good things about it?

B-Muzik
replies: 27 views: 8,197
miscend 1 day ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 20 views: 1,352
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 day ago

Hi guys, I would like to focus the attention on this new design and topology...

Giuseppe Zaccaria
replies: 19 views: 2,011
housegezeichnet 1 day ago

Is there a plugin I can put before my monitor outs that will automatically maintain a constant loudness when fed with varying...

Trakworx
replies: 6 views: 648
thermos 1 day ago

Hello everyone - A stupid question perhaps. I am mastering a track in PT at 24/96 (Wav) and bounced it down to 16/44 MP3 (for...

session bass
replies: 8 views: 470
shon3i 2 days ago

Hello everyone - So this is a question that has been bothering me for years. I have spent a lot of time checking out film...

session bass
replies: 17 views: 668
session bass 2 days ago

Hi all I am hoping it is OK to post this here.. the mastering forum is, by far, the most suitable place. I am looking for...

JohnRodd
replies: 2 views: 473
JohnRodd 2 days ago

TLDR: Anamod ATS-1 VS FATSO files. Been wanting to do something like this for a while now. Its 3 am and I have insomnia...

polybonk
replies: 10 views: 1,335
Aleksandr 2 days ago

It's a stand-alone app and it is very clean and good sounding. The automatic level matching is really well implemented. Been...

polybonk
replies: 0 views: 579
polybonk 2 days ago

I may be able to get a Benchmark AD2404-96 for free and wanted to get people's opinions on it. Any experiences? I know it's an...

wado1942
replies: 2 views: 1,609
thesilo 2 days ago

I'm really proud of a new chain I have been using. Engineer Filter Waves V-Comp Waves C4 Izotope Ozone 8...

lastcall
replies: 31 views: 4,301
theMuzzl3 2 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 418 views: 89,335
TheBrightSide 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 293 views: 31,962
bugs 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Prism Lyra AD side. So I'd like to know how compares Dangerous AD+ vs the Crane song...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 44 views: 8,874
Magnus Lindberg 3 days ago

Am I the only one who consistently has a slow month in August? I can even see less traffic to my website and fewer google...

Trakworx
replies: 21 views: 1,022
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Curious to hear what kind of cables my colleagues are using for connecting line level signals between the processors. I use ...

gregor z
replies: 83 views: 7,898
lucey 4 days ago

Ozone 8

Hasn't been mentioned here, because the upgrade policy etc are just a bloodbath. But really good processing. Spectral shaper...

thermos
replies: 112 views: 33,710
lowland 4 days ago

Everything I've heard that's been 'remastered' sucks, at least for those of us not listening to audio in high-noise areas like...

Greenwood Audio
replies: 27 views: 3,383
Greenwood Audio 4 days ago

Just a heads up to fellow MFiTers! "Hello Mastered for iTunes Provider, Mastered for iTunes has officially been...

DaveyJones
replies: 31 views: 2,279
msmucr 5 days ago

How do you use master compressor? How aggressive can it be? This has puzzled me a bit. I've understood that mixing into a...

soundmodel
replies: 9 views: 1,052
X-Pand Sound Mastering 5 days ago

Hey guys, Using the newest version of CD Burn.DDP.Master here Trying to enter a 12 digit UPC code in the 'UPC/EAN Slot, and...

parisminzer
replies: 7 views: 845
F. Davis 6 days ago

Looking to hear before/after audio clips of The Porter Grinder. General examples of boosts and cuts in the lows, lower mids,...

ears7
replies: 2 views: 666
Labs 1 week ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 619 views: 86,276
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Hi guys, So at the moment I'm working with an Antelope Orion 32+ Gen 3. I'm using this to sum into an SPL MixDream and also...

Nikola_Tesla
replies: 23 views: 1,745
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 34 views: 2,666
ajscent 1 week ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 111 views: 30,855
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 173 views: 19,523
mpr 1 week ago

I wonder how you sum the low frequencies in mono for cutting a record? I would prefer hardware, but right now a cheap or free...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 9 views: 676
misjah 1 week ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 27 views: 7,341
Lagerfeldt 1 week ago

Hi folks! thats my first topic, can you believe it?? I know these two converters are not "top notch" ultra high...

rubcn
replies: 30 views: 9,511
Aleksandr 1 week ago

Hi, I want to upgrade from my Rossetta 200 to a less coloured and more modern AD/DA converter for my mastering loop, the RME...

ampar
replies: 1 views: 452
philip 1 week ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 33 views: 3,481
polybonk 1 week ago

I've just been asked by a cd manufacturer to verify this attachment. Not sure how to do this. Usually I just send a Checksum...

davernoise
replies: 12 views: 1,068
davernoise 1 week ago

I noticed that track sounds much better without maximizing it on 10 LUFS. Should i leave it on -6 db as is on default?

veks
replies: 22 views: 2,595
veks 2 weeks ago

This is the second time I've gotten a message at our website to the following effect. Here is the message and my reply....

bob katz
replies: 180 views: 30,479
Carl Freeland 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search