The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Mastering forum

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 20 views: 6,413
silinder 1 week ago

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 15,808
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 22,875
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 49,156
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I posted a thread over in hi end about a pair of speakers that came in for evaluation three weeks ago that I ended up...

nomatic
replies: 84 views: 8,256
midmost 55 minutes ago

LATEST UPDATE: December 29 2015 FCS P4S ME added Files here: Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 414 views: 57,047
b0se 3 hours ago

No matter how good I think the mix sounds before I pass it through the 5500, it always comes out so much better. Usual chain...

perx
replies: 19 views: 4,212
mftorso 4 hours ago

Hello everybody, a new version of DSP-Quattro, the 4.3.1, is available as free upgrade for all registered 4.x users. It is...

sdaino
replies: 14 views: 1,642
Justin P. 5 hours ago

Fellow GS forum member FabienTDR brought this unit to my attention in another thread but I figured it deserves its own thread as...

aleatoric
replies: 107 views: 8,704
loji 6 hours ago

. SPL has a new BIG 3u mastering console !!!!! :) (and one smaller 2u console). So far, I only see a fragment of 3...

JIRI PASKA
replies: 3 views: 772
the unik 7 hours ago

Hi everyone! Is there a plugin to A/B between post hardware listening "not recorded yet line" and the original track at...

JohnyJoe
replies: 7 views: 374
lowland 8 hours ago

P4S ME

Something new from FCS Based on the P4DMS but made into a ganged stereo mastering unit utilizing a new main board layout. >...

RogerFoote
replies: 212 views: 39,822
XKAudio 14 hours ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 392 views: 57,564
Krush411 14 hours ago

this one had to be started sooner or later :cop: So what is the best speaker cable? I am not talking about XLR's here. But...

Zownd
replies: 145 views: 25,574
Qtwister 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I have a track that I'm preparing to put on spotify. Generally I like to compress my tracks no more than the...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 4 views: 515
Edward Shnapper 14 hours ago

Question for guys who do a lot of tape to digital transfers. Of the many formats of analogue tape, which type seems to show...

Ienjoyaudio
replies: 16 views: 588
Ienjoyaudio 15 hours ago

i read something about PQ coding in master,can u tel me more about it? thanks iman

raga2000
replies: 17 views: 27,541
maestrowick 19 hours ago

Hi, Actually i do mastering with Plugins Only. I use Brainworx, Waves, Sonnox a lot of different Plugins and everything works...

Michael_
replies: 29 views: 1,444
Qtwister 1 day ago

I'm dreaming right now... DMG Equilibrium on a DSP card (like UAD) + Hardware controller (like this YouTube ) = Heaven :)...

stamand
replies: 9 views: 661
Hermetech Mastering 1 day ago

hello everybody, id like your opinion on the following A/D converters ... benchmark vs. weiss, and also weiss vs. cranesong...

vlado@couchreco
replies: 61 views: 10,445
darcproductions 1 day ago

So - like so many (including what happened for myself a few years ago) - Sterling Sound is getting pushed out of New York City by...

Cellotron
replies: 21 views: 1,600
mastervargas 1 day ago

Internet forums - and YouTube videos - are loaded with advice on how to "carve out" space in a mix for the kick and...

Nonlinear
replies: 10 views: 1,027
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Any input on: Ozone 8 Advanced vs EQuilibrium + Limitless? I currently use Ozone 7 Advanced and I like it. But I've trialed...

soundmodel
replies: 8 views: 1,176
arnoldorodeo 1 day ago

I think I figured out why most commercial masters clip. For one I don't think most mastering engineers know or care to make sure...

bcgood
replies: 119 views: 8,771
mediatechnology 2 days ago

After seeing jamiepeters' Weiss Mastering Console resurrected, and salivating all over it, I wondered how many MEs are using a...

api2500
replies: 123 views: 18,625
stamand 2 days ago

Check out this new EQ. Looks pretty interesting for mastering...

bcgood
replies: 17 views: 1,079
lowland 2 days ago

Hello, In Nugen Mastercheck Pro, there is an 'offset to match" function that sets the output level to the LUFS target...

phaz
replies: 1 views: 326
phaz 2 days ago

How is it that piss poor mastering can sell a million copies, with over a billion youtube views.. confoosed Drake Hotline Bling...

anodecathode
replies: 31 views: 1,953
the3030club 2 days ago

Hi Happy New Year to you all bumpkin I need the inserts, the M-S encoding option and I find the Elleptical filter a very nifty...

barforama
replies: 7 views: 888
Qtwister 2 days ago

Hello colleagues, sorry for my English. My room seems to be more or less well and I work at a rather low volume, 80 db spl more...

Bichop
replies: 6 views: 810
Flash R 3 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 792 views: 100,471
Hendyamps 3 days ago

I got off to a rocky start with the Pure2 but I think I may be converted... :lol: First thing I noticed when unpacking the...

MattGray
replies: 249 views: 42,678
Bichop 3 days ago

Lots of gear, especially transformer balanced stuff, sounds different depending on how it interacts with the gear before and...

JLaPointe
replies: 11 views: 498
lowland 3 days ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 726 views: 72,628
Ben F 3 days ago

In iTunes, I created a play-list of my unmastered songs that are all mixed at wide range of levels. I noticed that if you...

mike5705
replies: 11 views: 657
nyaben 3 days ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,105 views: 81,968
LuXx 3 days ago

If you could only use one track for critically evaluating components in your monitoring path, what would it be and why? (note: I...

uncbilly
replies: 20 views: 1,154
kosmokrator 4 days ago

Hi everyone, TL;DR: Is it possible and what outboard gear do I need to master the track live while playing it (DAWless)? I don't...

cuba1956
replies: 13 views: 645
cuba1956 5 days ago

Hello everyone, i'm still a learner about mastering, so i decided to analyze my masters and my reference tracks. I notice one...

kirito
replies: 13 views: 773
SmoothTone 5 days ago
replies: 3 views: 1,094
jproc 5 days ago

Hey all - I just need to "vent" to my friends here on Gearslutz. We talk a lot about the loudness wars and it seems...

Nonlinear
replies: 30 views: 1,639
alex-p 5 days ago

Hi, Lotta people commenting about the new loudness formats of online platforms (Spotify, iTunes, youtube etc.) ranging from -14...

sowattmusic
replies: 6 views: 650
Jerry Tubb 5 days ago

As the title says, are any mastering engineers on here using the Clarity M? I am interested in freeing up some computer screen...

Switchcraft
replies: 43 views: 4,559
Justin P. 5 days ago

There must be a burning CD option in the montage section?

Jason rocks
replies: 6 views: 356
Jason rocks 6 days ago

Hello everyone.. I have an issue with the swift EQ,and I hope you guys can help. While working on a project, I noticed the...

MR WOO
replies: 3 views: 702
MR WOO 6 days ago

Are there any mastering guys out there that have tried the Sonic Farm Berliner? The Berliner is arriving in a day or two and I...

DarkWoods
replies: 2 views: 1,444
btu2000 6 days ago

Hi, folks I know of two fellow mastering engineers here who have bought the Neve Portico Master Buss Processor II ( Jerry Tubb...

Alécio Costa
replies: 52 views: 11,242
Emiliano 1 week ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 99 views: 8,738
b0se 1 week ago

Like when you switch through channels on a old fm radio kind of? that cut in and out of audio? preferable for mac if...

Taragana
replies: 8 views: 754
Bob Olhsson 1 week ago

Hi Everyone, After reading a bunch of other threads on the STC8, I have a question. Lots of mastering guys seem to have...

spencerc
replies: 11 views: 2,671
wildplum 1 week ago

When I learned about this unit I thought this forum would pick it up fast! Doesnt seem to have happened yet dispite it's being...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 41 views: 8,721
Slug1 1 week ago

Hi, Since TC has dropped all future development of their PowerCore platform it's just a matter of time until I can't use my...

Slogun
replies: 23 views: 4,319
Joe_caithness 1 week ago

I'm an amateur who records, mixes, and masters in my own home. I usually find the mastering process to be the easiest and most...

blim
replies: 15 views: 677
nd33 1 week ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 24 views: 1,065
Justin P. 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search