The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 255 views: 75,626
Trakworx 1 week ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 27 views: 9,442
Lazzaretto 1 week ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 39,966
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 65,867
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Heylow everybody. My question will be simple : In a floating point based DAW (mine is Sonar) Should we use dithering on a...

Avenz
replies: 29 views: 2,663
audioforce 40 minutes ago

isn't the entire purpose of mastering to "balance" the sonic differences between the songs on the album so all the...

TS-12
replies: 14 views: 339
RJHollins 46 minutes ago

So I’ve been doing more and more mastering jobs and I want to start going out of the box. Cassette modules (danner: Siemens,...

whippoorwill
replies: 4 views: 312
Paul Gold 49 minutes ago

I've been experimenting with certain filters to achieve the same brickwall filter the a mp3 codec will use. I want to do a...

Leon88
replies: 2 views: 114
Leon88 1 hour ago

I went to the their web site and not only choose my Beyerdynamics 1990 but many others and tried the demo. I like my headphones...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 30 views: 2,038
Leras 4 hours ago

Hi all. I'm not sure what to look for, so I'm very stuck finding what I want. Here is what I'd like: (I've seen it before, but I...

jrhager84
replies: 25 views: 5,509
anticipation 6 hours ago

How do you prefer to remove crackle in a pop/rock mix? I thought I was going crazy at first, thinking I clipped something in...

traumerei1838
replies: 9 views: 481
Justin P. 7 hours ago

I am not a believer in a lot of audiophile tweaks but I just found something that is pretty amazing. I put these under my ALON...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 379 views: 84,070
mikoo69 8 hours ago

Hi, I'm interested in Neumann W495/STB/PEA, i'm looking for sample, someone here can tell me more about this eq and/or send me...

Cassar Audio Lab
replies: 6 views: 234
Paul Gold 12 hours ago

What are your views about the current scenario for Mastering Engineers? Do you consider a mastering engineer to be a White...

darkalex
replies: 24 views: 909
biksonije 15 hours ago

Hey, guys, I'm by far new to mixing and mastering songs but everything I've ever done as far as mixing and mastering has mainly...

austinbdot
replies: 13 views: 789
Thomas W. Bethe 15 hours ago

I've definitively concluded that 24 bit uploads sound better than 16 bit uploads on Spotify. Now I'm trying to determine if...

burns46824
replies: 6 views: 596
Lagerfeldt 16 hours ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 45 views: 5,604
Ol' Betsey 17 hours ago

Does anyone know who might sell (or manufacture) 1/2U 19" vented blank rack panels?

24-96 Mastering
replies: 42 views: 12,136
lectrojape 17 hours ago

Question for IIIrd, BeeGee, or anyone else that may have knowledge on the subject: when did Abbey Road start digitally mastering?...

lukpac
replies: 1 views: 227
lukpac 1 day ago

I recently redid my studio with: Apollo x8 > Drawmer MC 2.1 > Barefoots. Running Apollo output at full loudness...

proxy
replies: 7 views: 1,238
kieronc 1 day ago

Just posting here for those that might have missed the announcement otherwise, but DMG Audio will be releasing a multiband...

Tarekith
replies: 449 views: 68,232
miguelmarques 1 day ago

Hi, I have been using WaveLab 10 for mastering, but working strictly ITB. My interface is a Lynx Hilo. I recently purchased...

cmwolf
replies: 3 views: 261
Justin P. 2 days ago

Reflecting with Covid pandemic...I've had quite a few bad experiences sending stuff off to mastering lately. This includes some...

Moondog007
replies: 278 views: 15,307
Moondog007 2 days ago

Can anyone suggest an AD converter that was used in the late 90’s early 2000’s for mastering. I want to get my feet wet with...

bleep
replies: 37 views: 2,397
smackmastering 2 days ago

NUGEN Audio introduces a new Learning Section to their website. Featuring educational content such as Loudness vs True Peak: a...

NUGEN Audio
replies: 2 views: 351
Riccardo 2 days ago

Did some of you work with the new Gyraf G21 in a mastering sessions?

priko
replies: 39 views: 7,192
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 2 days ago

Trying my hand at more serious mastering. Recently I got the SPL IRON and ELYSIA APLHA(plugins). Both seem pretty...

Buss-me
replies: 10 views: 1,024
Buss-me 3 days ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 143 views: 13,959
Robb Robinson 3 days ago

Got an email from Zynaptiq today, like many of you probably did, announcing their acquisition and support of Triumph, Myriad...

Shawn Hatfield
replies: 5 views: 637
Channel time 3 days ago

Hey Folks, Looking for tips and advice from you Mastering experts on how to use Reverb on the 2buss to glue everything...

Funny Cat
replies: 67 views: 2,371
Casey 4 days ago

Hey Guys, I recently bounced some tracks from 32 bit to 16 bit, and after bouncing I noticed the peaks on the 16 bit track...

fuzulu
replies: 16 views: 654
Miles Flint 4 days ago

Hi guys, This video contains general and specialized information about the (mastering) compressor. It's relevant to anybody who...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 31 views: 5,764
ChrisNunchuck 5 days ago

Hey all. I really like the feature set and transparent sound of this compressor (Plugin Alliance version). However, I really...

seanmccoy
replies: 50 views: 7,204
Eigenwert 5 days ago

DBC-M Mastering Grade Audio Compressor - Buzz Audio Do you like? It's quite ugly but after searching again and again for a...

chazmar
replies: 16 views: 2,677
cemski 5 days ago

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask the question... Did anyone of you have a chance to directly compare Trinnov and...

robertszydlo
replies: 31 views: 4,530
01010110 5 days ago

I usually don't listen to Coltrane in headphones. today I listened to this with headphones. the upright bass is up front and hard...

eatyourguitar
replies: 9 views: 616
Dlane 6 days ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 160 views: 20,833
Surbitone 6 days ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 654 views: 103,209
ajscent 6 days ago

As this changes like the wind I thought I'd ask.. It appears the top runners at the moment are: TDR Limiter 6 DMG Eventide...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 157 views: 44,481
Ruairi 1 week ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 42 views: 6,870
j.frad 1 week ago

I'm not even sure if "the curious" pass through this forum anymore, but I was wondering what the "layman's"...

eternalsound
replies: 89 views: 3,869
Ruairi 1 week ago

Just took Streaky's 3 Step Mastering Tutorial for a laugh. It lasted roughly an hour and he spent maybe 20 minutes on his 3...

profvonsok
replies: 63 views: 6,320
parisminzer 1 week ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,076 views: 126,619
David Ray 1 week ago

guyz, I have been mastering for 12 years. I have used all waves L crap series, UAD limiter, pro-l, Elephant, limitless,...

janjaal
replies: 8 views: 913
janjaal 1 week ago

Using Logic Pro X to mix a record of electronic rock. I have started to set up the mixes so that every single track is part of...

jonperl
replies: 8 views: 2,924
JblKid95 1 week ago

I don't have access to a dealer or studio for comparison listening, but after as much research as possible into products at my...

prado escondido
replies: 70 views: 13,959
Earcatcher 1 week ago

I have a semi-audiophile hi-fi system with decent analog and digital gear. Nothing overly $$. And I've been into hi-fi listening...

13mh13
replies: 31 views: 1,188
Laurend 1 week ago

I always heard back in the day (back when i was hearing a lot of the sound i love and still do) that this thing has, regardless...

fragilo
replies: 1 views: 326
Miles Flint 1 week ago

Hello, I have an Adi-2 Pro and am currently considering a Crane Song HEDD Quantum so I can have two additional high quality...

moustachio
replies: 18 views: 3,495
parisminzer 1 week ago

Hi all, A question for the Pyramix users. As I understand it from the manual Pyramix allow one to playback audio at high...

Ruairi
replies: 1 views: 430
mpdonahue 1 week ago

I'm glad I moved up from the Beyerdyanmic 990's to the 1990. They have a better bass response since they don't drop off so fast...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 3 views: 415
MatsNo 1 week ago

Hey guys Have you seen this video? In this comparison vinyl sounds like **** compared to the original Wav Master...

Mahdes
replies: 154 views: 5,129
Glenn Bucci 1 week ago

I like the stuff a lot, any more reviews please ? anyone hate it ?

AllAboutTone
replies: 21 views: 2,527
bmanic 1 week ago

So, what's your definition of transparent compression...? Things like, a compressor is transparent if it doesn't color the...

OTRM
replies: 6 views: 835
OTRM 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search