The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By BetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 116 views: 28,730
SmoothTone 4 weeks ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 29 views: 23,154
KStC 4th July 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 33,988
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 59,981
Riccardo 11th October 2007

So, I dropped a little cash for a new EQ. I'm not a fan of detended knobs myself so it has none. I've read some good things about...

eternalsound
replies: 0 views: 1
eternalsound 14 minutes ago

I recently purchased Ozone 9 and am using it to master an album for a client. I was trying to keep myself honest by not only...

LSP
replies: 16 views: 1,213
marchhare 1 hour ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 162 views: 43,536
ovibis 1 hour ago

Guys: This little free plug is great! Is there a paid plug that does the same but w/higher quality? Just wondering......

Claude G.
replies: 37 views: 7,887
blaugruen7 1 hour ago
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering

Hello folks, Today is the day I can finally announce the launch of my new company : Audiotales Designs :) The aim of the...

X-Pand Sound Mastering
replies: 3 views: 128
AudiotalesDesign 2 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 919 views: 86,527
Benoit D 4 hours ago

Just curious as to how many MEs would still keep their gear if their "business" was no longer ...prosperous(??). Is it...

eternalsound
replies: 27 views: 1,394
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 6 hours ago

Hi, I was just recently given a TC 6000 Mastering unit by a friend. It is basically new - only used to mix one album. I know...

KJandKT
replies: 4 views: 569
Joe_caithness 6 hours ago

Do you think that effort can migitate difference between "ITB" and "OTB"? Recently I've been back to trying...

soundmodel
replies: 80 views: 6,248
Papanate 6 hours ago

Hi guys, This video contains general and specialized information about the (mastering) compressor. It's relevant to anybody who...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 19 views: 3,336
Eric Stravinsky 14 hours ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 61 views: 6,193
midmost 1 day ago

I know it mostly depends on the material and how often the limiter is kicking in, but when doing a final brick wall the get the...

terly
replies: 5 views: 676
terly 1 day ago

I had a hearing test a while back and found out I had some high end loss in my left ear. First thing the audiologist said was,...

Nonlinear
replies: 20 views: 953
Bushman 1 day ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 74 views: 8,978
shamelesssounds 1 day ago

Hello to all, given the heterogeneity of the topics I think I can ask this question: what is the best player? I found so...

Rolling Stoned
replies: 0 views: 247
Rolling Stoned 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 317 views: 38,826
alibling 1 day ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,236 views: 142,748
Rolling Stoned 1 day ago

Many hardware manufacturers - it seems - are now taking the path of software developers. They make perfectly functional hardware...

Nonlinear
replies: 17 views: 884
bgood 1 day ago

Hi all There are a few threads in the archive about this already, but they're all quite old and I thought a fresh take would...

Seamus O' Bottle
replies: 7 views: 609
Shawn Hatfield 1 day ago

Hi! I'm looking for AD\DA for hybrid setup. Can't decide what is best: Discrete 8 with ADAT units combo or Orion Studio (2017)...

MFSAKA
replies: 4 views: 460
MFSAKA 1 day ago

i think there is only one correct answer. do you know? jeff dinces

cerberus
replies: 17 views: 4,611
Joe_caithness 2 days ago

Any thoughts on if the Pure 2 is a worthwhile upgrade to the Avid Omni converters? Im torn between the Pure 2 and the Cranesong...

by-tor
replies: 0 views: 354
by-tor 2 days ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 65 views: 5,289
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

I have had 15 tracks mastered to send to be pressed to vinyl (ie I'm sending the files so the company can cut the lacquers) How...

tedmanzie
replies: 9 views: 656
S_mask 3 days ago

Hi! Searching for solution for vinyl mastering. I need Elliptical filter to narrow low end. STRICTLY OTB! No...

MFSAKA
replies: 10 views: 833
Greg Reierson 3 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 224 views: 26,169
phaz 4 days ago

In need of a transparant mastering compressor: First place: Knif Vari-MuII Second place: Analogue Tube at-101 Thirth place:...

JERBOA
replies: 34 views: 7,932
eternalsound 4 days ago

Hello everyone, Question - I am looking for a quality stereo widening tool. First - I don't normally go to stereo widening,...

musicinthemaking
replies: 29 views: 2,331
eternalsound 4 days ago

Since this equalizer has been discussed a bit more than usual recently & it seems quite a few mastering people are using it,...

CharlesCola
replies: 31 views: 10,215
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 4 days ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Typically I leave around 15-20 CD frames silence at the beginning of tracks, unless there is a very quick transition, but I've...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 16 views: 903
Apostolos Siopis 4 days ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 124 views: 24,892
Justin P. 5 days ago

I post this here because Prism Sound Lyra 2 is considered a mastering interface in the magazines and selling sites. Here i...

ilias
replies: 13 views: 3,022
eternalsound 5 days ago

Is there any benefit of using SFE on MBP as this function can be replaced with any digital eq in M/s mode or may be using vertigo...

amit monga
replies: 8 views: 1,571
tengu 6 days ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 119 views: 32,961
Friedemann 6 days ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 215 views: 12,569
dinococcus 6 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 437 views: 96,518
LesC 6 days ago

I noticed that track sounds much better without maximizing it on 10 LUFS. Should i leave it on -6 db as is on default?

veks
replies: 29 views: 4,041
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 944 views: 134,644
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

Hi i'm currently building a new project mastering room and i need to buy some gear. Mainly i'm working on electronic, hip-hop,...

NekstMusick
replies: 9 views: 662
NekstMusick 1 week ago

Currently in my setup, I am looking to upgrade my monitors. I do the production, mixing, and "mastering" (my chains and...

Bond117
replies: 36 views: 7,870
Joe_caithness 1 week ago
replies: 3 views: 621
twitter 1 week ago

Hi Fam, I finished my melodic progressive house track, the mixing sounds good to my ears, however, I am always comparing with...

SinanYuksek
replies: 5 views: 458
Silvertone 1 week ago

Hey everyone! I'm looking for an alternative to Ozone multiband stereo imager. I'm running a version of Mac OS which is too...

VP_Music
replies: 14 views: 1,836
eternalsound 1 week ago

i'm not always very enthusiastic about the concepts of spl, but this device looks really well thought out now and would also...

teebaum
replies: 15 views: 2,314
DanTheMan06 1 week ago

I need to 1 mastering sound card with with this parameter : 1. +24 dbu in/out or more ... 2. 24 bit / 96 khz 3. just 2...

toofanstudio
replies: 31 views: 4,548
mpr 1 week ago

Hi, I just bought this software and tried to look up the differences between each modes regarding dithering. I am dithering...

Karhu665
replies: 12 views: 5,143
EBDA1176 1 week ago

I've been demoing this one for the last few hours. You can do some pretty deep processing with it on program material. Have any...

engmix
replies: 225 views: 40,705
billnineo 1 week ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 626 views: 89,811
ajscent 1 week ago

Is someone using it? Why is so quiet about it? 130db of headroom, transparent or transformer input stage..... how is clipp?

Luke Skywalker
replies: 13 views: 2,726
ripripstabstab 1 week ago

anyone try this sexy eq ? or compared with knif soma ? look like gml9500

makhour
replies: 172 views: 31,173
bushwick 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search