The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Many of you know Dave Davis from this forum and his years as a Cincinnati, Ohio based mastering engineer and university educator....

swafford
replies: 19 views: 1,544
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 14,736
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 21,920
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 28,189
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 54,265
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I have a theory about clipping a\d converters that I need the experts here to make sense of.I did a test in protools while I'm...

O-dawg
replies: 1 views: 32
FabienTDR 8 minutes ago

In market for Transparent compressor before my Manley Variable Mu. Both compressors are considered to be Transparent. So whats...

amit monga
replies: 7 views: 324
matucha 1 hour ago

Hi there, I will be taking a 3 week holiday and although I shall not be doing any actual mastering work whilst away, I must have...

OneMillionMangos
replies: 276 views: 31,598
01010110 6 hours ago

Hi, I am in the market for a new mastering EQ and the Bettermaker EQ 232P MKII cought my eye. I own a TK-Lizer, SSL BC,...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 27 views: 2,812
Marogru 7 hours ago

thom wettstein and i did another comparison with compressors. but here we didn't try to match the devices to each other, we...

teebaum
replies: 37 views: 2,410
dogoftears 20 hours ago

Can I please get a definitive answer on this? I know this has been discussed before, but if it's not too much trouble I'd like...

Trakworx
replies: 74 views: 2,325
mediatechnology 21 hours ago

I recently did a test of L*NDR for the podcast I am doing with a couple of collegues, thought it could be of interest for the...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 97 views: 7,664
Nosajjao 22 hours ago

Audiofile Engineering - Support

Tarekith
replies: 68 views: 17,114
GP_Hawk 23 hours ago

I know most of you guys are enjoying gear talk, so here we go. freshflower Though it could be inspiring to share some random...

JP__
replies: 105 views: 6,883
JP__ 1 day ago

i've recently sold everything that i don't use regularly and now i actually have 3he space in my rack and one place free on my...

teebaum
replies: 60 views: 1,831
housegezeichnet 1 day ago

Seems like there is a lot of DIY mastering going on these days. (As evidence would show in the mix section of this forum and...

eternalsound
replies: 158 views: 6,449
DAH 1 day ago

Since this equalizer has been discussed a bit more than usual recently & it seems quite a few mastering people are using it,...

CharlesCola
replies: 26 views: 8,567
prepanic 1 day ago

Anyone use the MEP-250EX (with modifications for gain range) as their main mastering EQ? I have been on quite the long search...

Boxtone
replies: 17 views: 726
dietrich10 1 day ago

My SSL AWS 948 output headroom is +27 dbu . I search for mastering AD for best print analoge sound...

toofanstudio
replies: 7 views: 506
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I've been demoing this one for the last few hours. You can do some pretty deep processing with it on program material. Have any...

engmix
replies: 220 views: 29,619
sirthought 2 days ago

Hi, This will open up a lot of discussion and vague gear words such as “character”, “warmth”, “heft” and the such....

hairbow
replies: 18 views: 1,417
Labs 2 days ago

Hi, Done lots of projects for this label using the same vinyl plant and always send a wav file for each side along with a PDF...

Crizdee
replies: 12 views: 556
Adam Dempsey 2 days ago

Would love to know your thoughts on these two x-formerless penthouse designs for the ATR-102. These recordings were made with...

burns46824
replies: 2 views: 264
burns46824 2 days ago

Just stumbled upon this website: {removed} I was impressed by his references {Robbie Williams, Tina Turner, Radiohead... } but...

echoRausch
replies: 24 views: 1,191
ardis 2 days ago

My current equipment chain: ortofon nightclub e --> Technics 1200 --> Rane 56 --> Apogee Duet --> Macbook...

odub
replies: 27 views: 18,770
biksonije 2 days ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 63 views: 4,526
Trakworx 2 days ago

Something unusual happened recently - here is my workflow on this particular project I dont want to get into why i had to use...

mixerguy
replies: 10 views: 3,082
Saxnscratch 3 days ago

I recently adquire a unit of this limiter, but i dont find any manual. Please could you help me with this equipment?

Peter Laster
replies: 9 views: 3,956
Joe_caithness 3 days ago

good evening slutz i understand that there are more than one ways to "skin" a cat and that every project is...

busty_audio
replies: 23 views: 774
Saxnscratch 3 days ago

I just received an e-mail from MAAT digital claiming to be releasing an upgrade to the Algorithmix PEQ Orange Linear Phase EQ...

Benj
replies: 37 views: 2,288
gyraf 3 days ago

I'm using the SSL mixbus comp for many years on my SSL boards and am looking for an outboard unit for my mastering rig.. I'm...

TanTan
replies: 4 views: 391
frabo 3 days ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 39 views: 3,764
RogerFoote 3 days ago

Who in the mastering business around here, is using the service of a manager ? Is this a USA thing or not? Thank you.

Chris Chapelle
replies: 8 views: 554
SmoothTone 3 days ago

My 1/2" ATR-102 has 2-speed padnets and my 1" has the 4-speed padnets. I'm only using 30/15 IPS, so I'm thinking about...

burns46824
replies: 1 views: 257
burns46824 3 days ago

Instead of "perfectly flat, uncolored" studio monitors like Adams, Focals, Barefoots, etc., it is more common to see...

Nonlinear
replies: 139 views: 10,909
SASMastering 4 days ago

We just installed a (giant) Equitech 7.5WQ (70 amp output) to replace our smaller Equitech unit. When we turned the 7.5WQ on to...

burns46824
replies: 8 views: 502
burns46824 4 days ago

So, Who’s using Pulse Techniques EQM-1S3 for mastering ? Please share your thoughts..

TanTan
replies: 1 views: 315
ira_the_mick 4 days ago

Close to finished mixing my album...self recorded and mixed to a Korg mr2000s. curious about online mastering as I am in the...

ribteen
replies: 83 views: 26,895
JPeters86 4 days ago

I'm getting ready to purchase a mastering grade ad converter for clipping my masters (either the burl b2 or the dangerous convert...

O-dawg
replies: 30 views: 1,726
Trakworx 4 days ago

Hi there Does anybody know how to get "Apple certify" for the MFIT format ? there is information about how to deliver...

FCsound
replies: 196 views: 53,739
pentagon 4 days ago

…has the I/O capabilities of a Hilo to interface with my DAW and transfer ADDA, with a reference grade DAC for monitoring but...

SmoothTone
replies: 11 views: 657
Jim Williams 4 days ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 60 views: 2,036
bcgood 4 days ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 39 views: 5,409
biksonije 5 days ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 54 views: 13,297
danthonymusic 5 days ago

has anyone made any experience with the bettermaker c502v for mastering? how does it sound compared to other vca...

teebaum
replies: 7 views: 737
teebaum 6 days ago

Hi guys, I would like to purchase my first AA plugins, probably exploiting black friday sale. I just need more stuff for my...

Piddizero
replies: 14 views: 1,020
Piddizero 6 days ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 968 views: 105,659
busty_audio 6 days ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 64 views: 4,408
shamelesssounds 6 days ago

I am new to he whole using outboard analog hardware to master workflow,and will be trying it out in a few weeks when my analog...

O-dawg
replies: 21 views: 556
Justin P. 6 days ago

Hi, I am looking for a new mastering EQ to complement my Elysia Xfilter, Pultec clone and TK-Lizer. Budget around...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 15 views: 1,084
Progmatic-Studios 1 week ago

With the rise of home studios and project studios it seems to be happening more and more that clients decide to revise a mix...

Trakworx
replies: 40 views: 1,480
Saxnscratch 1 week ago

Howdy gang.. Does anyone have a good link for an article or page that goes into what to aim for when monitoring dynamic...

blackbirdstudio
replies: 7 views: 641
biksonije 1 week ago

When you guys decide to clip your kick bass alittle do you clip the tips off your bass buss or keep the transient popped to clip...

SmittyCono
replies: 1 views: 392
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 1 week ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 462 views: 70,656
Giuseppe Zaccaria 1 week ago

Hi All I am having my pair of Neumann OE eq's racked soon. I have never used them or heard them. Right now they have 2 dB steps...

Rythm'BackStudio
replies: 26 views: 948
casiotone 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search