The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 15,201
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 22,258
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 28,504
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 54,586
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I was checking out some Greg Calbi interviews and videos recently and was a bit astonished by his description of cables. He talks...

rosewood123
replies: 312 views: 12,808
mikelevitt 4 minutes ago

From Jonte's Facebook.... The mastering Vari Mu II has a facelift to match the Soma.... Must resist.....

nomatic
replies: 155 views: 31,616
Saxnscratch 8 minutes ago

I have a pretty well controlled mixing/mastering room. It's worked fine for the past few years in terms of results, but i've...

fairchildren
replies: 0 views: 102
fairchildren 3 hours ago

I have a tune that I wold like to speed up y 2% or maybe 3%. I don't want the pitch to change. I have tried Machfive 3 IRCAM,...

rosindabow
replies: 4 views: 235
scraggs 4 hours ago

I've long been interested in parallel processing during mastering, but only find myself using it digitally and cautiously. I'm...

B Elgin
replies: 42 views: 1,655
scraggs 4 hours ago

I just ordered one of these Finished Relay Volume controller / Balanced Potentiometer / Balanced preamp | eBay. It took 6 weeks...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 18 views: 1,187
Brent Hahn 5 hours ago

thom wettstein and i did another comparison with compressors. but here we didn't try to match the devices to each other, we...

teebaum
replies: 43 views: 3,133
Giuseppe Zaccaria 6 hours ago

Seems like there is a lot of DIY mastering going on these days. (As evidence would show in the mix section of this forum and...

eternalsound
replies: 242 views: 10,897
Jerry Tubb 7 hours ago

Lets talk your anti-harshness techniques of choice. ITB, OTB? Shelf vs bell? First in the chain, middle, last before...

Boxtone
replies: 30 views: 1,486
b0se 11 hours ago

Hi, I think slowly the message is getting through and more bands are asking for some dynamics back to their music! but mostly...

Crizdee
replies: 24 views: 4,353
B Elgin 11 hours ago

Hello to all mastering people in this forum, Is there any benefit in printing final mix in dsd, against just high bitrate...

bezdelnik
replies: 22 views: 2,472
digger803 13 hours ago

Would you guys recommend me a master bus compressor to combine with what i have? Namely I have a Pultec EQ, followed by an...

blueNan
replies: 0 views: 162
blueNan 18 hours ago

What's up GS fam, I own the T Racks BrickWall Limiter & love it. Sold a few beats recently, enabling me the option to buy...

DontaBlack
replies: 26 views: 4,946
engmix 1 day ago

Sonnox announced that starting tomorrow all plugs are 50% off. So I demoed the upgraded G5 Brick Wall Limiter. I compared it to...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 84 views: 14,301
biksonije 1 day ago

Hey there, Has anyone had a play with the Tokyo Dawn DeEdger? I just used it on a project where the vocalist had used 2...

Channel time
replies: 113 views: 14,536
Apostolos Siopis 1 day ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 86 views: 6,763
JP__ 1 day ago

Is someone using it? Why is so quiet about it? 130db of headroom, transparent or transformer input stage..... how is clipp?

Luke Skywalker
replies: 0 views: 271
Luke Skywalker 1 day ago

My former thread about updates on ordering seems to have been deleted, so. . . Just ordered another case of RMGI SM900...

Plush
replies: 144 views: 20,403
Plush 2 days ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 140 views: 30,500
Volt9 2 days ago

Since this equalizer has been discussed a bit more than usual recently & it seems quite a few mastering people are using it,...

CharlesCola
replies: 27 views: 8,755
CharlesCola 2 days ago

I can understand why the loud mastering but is it just me cause I can hardly listen to the odd dynamics.

cooker
replies: 2 views: 595
cooker 2 days ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 14 views: 1,470
johnnyc 2 days ago

If mastering a track what would be a moderate level. I know anything over 1.0 on Waves S1 begins to widen.

keano
replies: 1 views: 317
SmoothTone 2 days ago

I like to keep as little in line as possible but am currently limited to my single speaker pair for monitoring and my headphone...

brijem
replies: 66 views: 8,265
GemCity 2 days ago

Hello all, I am about to start mastering a jazz piece as part of my final year project, and would love some useful tips about...

UKstudent
replies: 19 views: 8,900
bmanic 2 days ago

Please give me your suggestions! I am mostly interested in VST Plugins, but if you swear by your hardware unit(s), I want that...

theMuzzl3
replies: 10 views: 927
bmanic 3 days ago

Hey guys, I was curious if any of you mastering guys would like to participate in a community shoot - out of all the limiters and...

joe_04_04
replies: 99 views: 20,548
Byron Pierce 3 days ago

Hi, If I have a project in 24bit 48K and at the export stage I export to 24bit 96K instead of 24bit 48K, would there be a...

duriehill
replies: 4 views: 332
greg_moreira 3 days ago

I'm in the market for a new AD/DA. And just as I'm about to settle on a Lynx Hilo, Apogee comes out with it's new...

TheMegaMan
replies: 22 views: 3,216
UberJack 3 days ago

I tried and bought the Sonnox Dynamic Equalizer : Incredible transparency, M/S controls etc ... Transparency of the Sonnox...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 1 views: 445
melopie 4 days ago

I don't usually do these sort of posts, but I feel as a longterm member of this board that I must make this review public....

MattGray
replies: 16 views: 1,529
Simon Klontz 4 days ago

Would Ozone 8 Spectral Shaper be comparable to oeksound soothe at all; or is it more in the TDR DeEdger category? I can see it...

theMuzzl3
replies: 4 views: 557
lobsterinn 4 days ago

Hello, My name is Joe and I'm a mastering engineer. I started 10 years ago right at the start of the native boom in...

Joe_caithness
replies: 14 views: 693
Joe_caithness 5 days ago

I have a theory about clipping a\d converters that I need the experts here to make sense of. I did a test in protools while I'm...

O-dawg
replies: 60 views: 2,758
Plush 5 days ago

With the rise of home studios and project studios it seems to be happening more and more that clients decide to revise a mix...

Trakworx
replies: 45 views: 1,984
GemCity 5 days ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 27 views: 3,545
tengu 5 days ago

2 danish companies offer since a few months tilt-eq's with comparable concepts. it would be great to know how different they...

teebaum
replies: 84 views: 11,777
teebaum 5 days ago

Hey Folks, First, some disclaimers. For the sake of discussion, let's assume there is appropriate room treatment, appropriate...

GemCity
replies: 16 views: 845
teebaum 5 days ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 73 views: 5,858
RogerFoote 6 days ago

Dear world, I am a proud owner of the Roger Foote/FCS P3S Stereo Compressor. This baby is smooth. I've demoed an SSL G-Bus...

Sophroneo
replies: 67 views: 13,023
Conundra 6 days ago

Hi fellow gearsluts, I would like to hear what gear you use to accomplish color, depth and "3D" preferably on the...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 74 views: 8,112
Dave Polich 6 days ago

I just received an e-mail from MAAT digital claiming to be releasing an upgrade to the Algorithmix PEQ Orange Linear Phase EQ...

Benj
replies: 69 views: 4,945
msmucr 1 week ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 44 views: 5,837
SmoothTone 1 week ago

Hello, I'm shopping for a pristine 2 channel DA converter just for monitoring purposes. Since I've read for years about it I'm...

OMU
replies: 47 views: 8,363
eternalsound 1 week ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 66 views: 3,744
groundbass 1 week ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 840 views: 114,505
swafford 1 week ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 56 views: 8,264
arnoldorodeo 1 week ago

Hi, I am junior mastering engineer and I love live sound, mastering and hi-fi. I'm considering buying other gears for my small...

Piddizero
replies: 9 views: 1,062
biksonije 1 week ago

Some very famous records does sound a little bit thin/scooped in the mids to me. Any reason for this? I feel like some of the...

musicmixer04
replies: 21 views: 1,441
DrAudioBot 1 week ago

Here's a hypothetical job......... You are presented with 15 tracks. They have different volumes. Some are close to -1db...

Carbinax
replies: 48 views: 3,627
biksonije 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search