The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 17 views: 2,128
Riccardo 3 days ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 17,128
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 23,664
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 29,724
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 55,805
Riccardo 11th October 2007

As this changes like the wind I thought I'd ask.. It appears the top runners at the moment are: TDR Limiter 6 DMG Eventide...

ShadowAMD
replies: 74 views: 18,560
ardis 1 hour ago

So I tried a bunch of different searches and couldn't fine one, so I thought I'd start a thread. I would love to see photos of...

GemCity
replies: 11 views: 1,084
ardis 2 hours ago

Ok ch'all, I realize that these instant mastering sites get a lot of debate, criticism, etc...that's not what this thread is...

SDB_12
replies: 22 views: 1,409
ardis 2 hours ago

Hey, I'm sending to master, and they need my catalogue no. for the release. Is it possible to get that changed again in the...

Taragana
replies: 1 views: 80
Riccardo 2 hours ago

Hi! When I finish my mixes and capture the stereo output of my summing box back to the digital domain, I let the programme...

Andre Toscano
replies: 0 views: 91
Andre Toscano 4 hours ago

Hi For mastering engineers; Do you “need” a mid range eq present in your mastering chain? For example there are mastering...

insomni.ac
replies: 4 views: 720
Paul Gold 5 hours ago

DMG Audio : Products : Multiplicity Looks like perhaps the dream multiband tool I've been waiting for... Anyone beta-tested...

Trakworx
replies: 144 views: 11,347
SASMastering 10 hours ago

- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 20212) - 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - macOS 10.14.3 - Pro Tools 12.6.0 Hey guys,...

iz_thewiz
replies: 24 views: 1,240
iz_thewiz 14 hours ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just saw this intriguing photo on Facebook. Come on then, Jakob, what's the...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 8 views: 830
macc 14 hours ago

Hello ME's. How many of you are doing digital watermarking? If so what application are you useing? I have an idea for a...

MarkRB
replies: 17 views: 1,679
s wave 22 hours ago

In the process of finishing a project. I've done all the tracking and mixing. Unfortunately due to budget constraints i'm also...

tymish
replies: 59 views: 2,748
tymish 1 day ago

… keep Ozone from messing with the flow of the songs by making everything the same loudness? Do you just set the limiter for...

goom
replies: 1 views: 268
Stereo Flux 1 day ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 71 views: 6,119
fccmt 1 day ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 476 views: 24,673
RJHollins 1 day ago

The Challengers: MAAT thEQorange DMGAudio Equilibrium FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Flux EpureV3-x64 UAD Massenburg MDWEQ5-5B Sonnox Oxford...

AlexPicciafuochi
replies: 30 views: 3,779
crackmandu 1 day ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 65 views: 6,308
the unik 1 day ago

Hi, I recently picked up a B77 (1st gen, only 7.5ips) to bounce tracks to and I absolutely love it. I’m not a commercial...

proxy
replies: 7 views: 1,078
Lexicon200 1 day ago

I started seeing a few studios posting that they have been certified as a "MFiT" Any clues? Is this true Apple has...

SoundWeavers
replies: 43 views: 18,673
47radAR 1 day ago

I have 2 SSL Alphalink sx => SSL Deltalink MADI HD => HD Native thunderbolt => Protools Ultimate . My console is SSL...

toofanstudio
replies: 6 views: 662
Overdrive 1 day ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 593 views: 74,042
Bob Olhsson 2 days ago

the prototype of my insert switcher is finished which i would like to share. here are some specs: * 8 insert points *...

karumba
replies: 62 views: 16,029
dafuqwhocares 2 days ago

I'm not even sure if "the curious" pass through this forum anymore, but I was wondering what the "layman's"...

eternalsound
replies: 66 views: 1,972
ArtSta 4 days ago

Most threads are about what gear people have bought. Havnt read much about peoples own designs/builds except for some...

5.333V
replies: 46 views: 2,768
ArtSta 4 days ago

I got reminded about my single anecdote with high level mastering today - Metropolis mastering, specifically done by Streaky and...

The Listener
replies: 90 views: 13,754
busty_audio 4 days ago

Hi all, So... I'm about to pull the trigger on a Dangerous Liaison. For my workflow it is the closest thing I found available on...

audioloud
replies: 26 views: 1,486
da goose 4 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 517 views: 36,561
thermos 4 days ago

Does removing dc offset on finished masters (wav files) change the file in anyway? Is it considered normal practice to do so if...

ceemusic
replies: 21 views: 2,672
candyflip 6 days ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 113 views: 10,449
rameron 1 week ago

Mastering got really old so I sold my gear. If I wanted I could get the same out of plugs anyway, next time.

chazmar
replies: 65 views: 7,561
the unik 1 week ago

I am not a believer in a lot of audiophile tweaks but I just found something that is pretty amazing. I put these under my ALON...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 365 views: 71,039
nms 1 week ago

Hi All! I'm a recording/mix engineer and songwriter, but have to do mastering from time to time for some clients. When I can...

SDB_12
replies: 3 views: 471
Joe_caithness 1 week ago

I want to split my final mix into 3 separate frequency groups so that I can use some different compressors and eqs to master...

eLUX
replies: 29 views: 3,911
FabienTDR 1 week ago

Have been asked to sit on a panel to discuss MQA Oct 7th. Please help me out with links to any info pro or con that would add...

lucey
replies: 540 views: 38,247
David Rick 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,211 views: 123,427
frenzy 1 week ago

hi! in the past most customers provided EAN codes if needed. lately i got some more requests. where do you get your...

uphonic
replies: 1 views: 372
Riccardo 1 week ago

I just saw the mention of this in the AES sub...

Strut78
replies: 93 views: 16,476
ionian 1 week ago

I made the mistake of demoing this plugin right when it came out and did not really run it through its paces. Needless to say my...

aleatoric
replies: 195 views: 45,011
Hermetech Mastering 1 week ago

Converters? if so which ones? r8brain? rx7? Sox? Weiss? CDfile? What else is there? What settings? When and how?...

Disease Factory
replies: 41 views: 1,975
Hermetech Mastering 1 week ago

anyone try this sexy eq ? or compared with knif soma ? look like gml9500

makhour
replies: 150 views: 24,301
bushwick 1 week ago

Hello guys, Ive looking for new speakers for mastering, we have now new dsp monitors like Kii Audio and Dutch Dutch 8c but...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 112 views: 17,395
Mr_Go_Getta 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Just landed here trying to find a good option for speakers I just finished my room it's about 300sqf designed by...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 31 views: 2,569
Plush 1 week ago

I'm supposed to deliver a finished master to the label and I guess how exactly you define that can be debated. Last time the same...

xamatsni
replies: 8 views: 738
mr.styles 1 week ago

First let me say I’m no mastering engineer, I record my own music and enjoy learning the mixing and mastering process. I’ve...

Ave.
replies: 5 views: 812
eternalsound 1 week ago

I have a question, I'm sending my tracks to mastering in a couple of weeks. I'm now preparing all my tracks with -6db headroom as...

Taragana
replies: 32 views: 1,258
Trakworx 1 week ago

I'd like to address an old and surprisingly wide-spread myth about the properties of so called linear phase filters in contrast...

FabienTDR
replies: 68 views: 8,558
Joe_caithness 1 week ago

Making decisions, which one do you like the most? The settings of the Curve are different in each sample, Thanks and regards!

Emiliano
replies: 0 views: 515
Emiliano 1 week ago

My recent publication in in the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, titled "An Investigation of Motional Feedback...

magneticfidelity
replies: 20 views: 1,674
S_mask 1 week ago

I've been out of the loop for a while now, and if I'm reading correctly, Spotify (and some others?) are now level matching...

Ain't Nobody
replies: 98 views: 8,254
audioforce 1 week ago

Is it possible to convert a 1/4" Studer A810 to a 1/2" playback machine? Is there a conversion kit in the same way...

AudioRestorer
replies: 2 views: 521
AudioRestorer 2 weeks ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 402 views: 81,026
Joe_caithness 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search