The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By BetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 116 views: 32,025
SmoothTone 17th October 2019

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 29 views: 23,825
KStC 4th July 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 34,543
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 60,521
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hi all, I posted this earlier to the high-end forum, but didn't get the response i was hoping for, so here goes: I've been...

crackmandu
replies: 20 views: 910
Slug1 2 hours ago

for 2-channel music production .. is the SRC any different in Advanced than in Standard? Are there more flexible...

loji
replies: 16 views: 1,597
cjack2020 2 hours ago

Hey folks, Of course for any serious release, a professional mastering lab with great credentials is the way to go. But for...

Todzilla
replies: 4 views: 213
Greg Reierson 5 hours ago

Recently i saw several examples of studios or known engineers shrinking down their gear list, rooms etc. Some of them are...

DBarbarulo
replies: 39 views: 1,645
Paul Gold 8 hours ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 326 views: 18,431
mpr 9 hours ago

Fellow GS forum member FabienTDR brought this unit to my attention in another thread but I figured it deserves its own thread as...

aleatoric
replies: 171 views: 21,740
MPNE 9 hours ago

I'm not sure this is the right section to post in, but I'm curious if anyone has compared the Bettermaker Limiter to the Weiss...

ovibis
replies: 2 views: 236
Slug1 10 hours ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 157 views: 22,215
FabienTDR 11 hours ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 764 views: 60,203
b0se 14 hours ago

Is it possible to add subtle EQ to a song that has already been mastered, without mucking things up? In this case I want to...

LSP
replies: 10 views: 528
Justin P. 21 hours ago

I recently purchased Ozone 9 and am using it to master an album for a client. I was trying to keep myself honest by not only...

LSP
replies: 55 views: 3,886
lucey 1 day ago

Ok... I know what it's going to sound like and I know it's "easier" to just go digital buuuut I don't wanna. So I...

jcornelisse
replies: 5 views: 355
dlmorley 1 day ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 82 views: 6,877
ponzi 1 day ago

Hi, I want to upgrade from my Rossetta 200 to a less coloured and more modern AD/DA converter for my mastering loop, the RME...

ampar
replies: 5 views: 1,037
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

Hey guys, I may upgrade for those Dangerous Convert 8, but before I would like to know if some of you compared them and if...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 22 views: 2,585
gfunny72 1 day ago

Hi On a mastering A/D converter like the Lavry AD122-96, where does the clipping occur (if you push hard into it) ? At the...

invalidusername
replies: 12 views: 1,770
mpr 2 days ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 979 views: 116,566
lucey 2 days ago

Hey guys what would be the best way to split the Lynx Hilo left/right inputs ? I would like to use them for some recording duties...

yellowrobin
replies: 1 views: 251
lobsterinn 2 days ago

I need help understanding which DA converter is higher quality for my final mix print in my summing chain. I have two...

R3KMUSIC
replies: 0 views: 2
R3KMUSIC 2 days ago

Hi, tried a search but came up empty. I have an album that has 2 singers and an acoustic guitar. Very simple. Can anyone...

Niteflyguy
replies: 16 views: 627
bonne 2 days ago

Hi, First mastering post here. I'm working on more mastering projects lately, while learning the trade, so I'd like to have...

MAXRB
replies: 21 views: 2,465
AudioKemestry 2 days ago

Any thoughts on this unit? There is very little info on any thread........

nomatic
replies: 30 views: 4,674
Giuseppe Zaccaria 3 days ago

Used to have sonnox inflator on the powercore platform, but sold the powercore. Are there any real competitors for the...

generalx
replies: 36 views: 15,365
Test Switch 3 days ago

this thread spits off from here in the Kite thread. what I am trying to find out here is: 1) use of Pultecs (and clones) in...

peter sikking
replies: 22 views: 1,491
lucey 3 days ago

Do you think that effort can migitate difference between "ITB" and "OTB"? Recently I've been back to trying...

soundmodel
replies: 168 views: 10,856
robert82 3 days ago

So, I purchased a new Sontec EQ and laptop and I really haven't done anything with them. I'm beginning to think I just wanted the...

eternalsound
replies: 7 views: 489
eternalsound 4 days ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,242 views: 145,247
Riccardo 4 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 71 views: 27,613
cemski 4 days ago

I want to split my final mix into 3 separate frequency groups so that I can use some different compressors and eqs to master...

eLUX
replies: 30 views: 4,554
kodebode 4 days ago

I'm not a pro. I don't have a very good room and can't build one in this house. But I want something were I can evaluate audio...

AreYouHuman
replies: 19 views: 1,498
zoom25 5 days ago

Hi there fellas! I would love to know which are your favourite reference masters you tend to use while mastering or maybe some...

MADA
replies: 4 views: 615
scraggs 5 days ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 202 views: 20,442
mpr 5 days ago

Hey guys, Did anyone try this EQ? It looks something like Gyraf G23. Here is the link to IGS website....

Solic
replies: 2 views: 336
Solic 5 days ago

Does anyone know of a plugin, preferably VST PC, that would very simply let you display images, so that I could easily save my...

Deleted 691ca21
replies: 32 views: 2,088
Mr. Bars 6 days ago

Is there a tool or technique for this problem: the bass in a mix i've been sent is mostly sub frequencies and not much low-mid,...

Barncore
replies: 6 views: 425
eternalsound 1 week ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 62 views: 28,140
Tomboman 1 week ago

Just to be clear, not talking about the original vitalizer, MK2 or Tube Vitalizer, but solely the 9530 Mastering Vitalizer, as it...

Analogue Mastering
replies: 19 views: 9,723
rectape 1 week ago

I know it mostly depends on the material and how often the limiter is kicking in, but when doing a final brick wall the get the...

terly
replies: 15 views: 1,515
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

apparently soundBlade is 'no bueno por nada' with Mac OS X High Sierra. thought i'd post this notice for my other ME bros that...

Jerry Tubb
replies: 18 views: 2,749
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Hello, So I am having such a weird issue. When I go to export a Track List or Export List or PQ list it exports it as a unix...

neufeldjon
replies: 1 views: 422
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

I had a hearing test a while back and found out I had some high end loss in my left ear. First thing the audiologist said was,...

Nonlinear
replies: 26 views: 1,593
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Hi All, Here's something I've been working on with MeterPlugs recently - it's not 100% a mastering service but this forum...

ianshepherd
replies: 51 views: 4,433
ianshepherd 1 week ago

I understand it might be more advantageous to have different file formats for each streaming/selling platform.. but for the sake...

bossdockins
replies: 4 views: 599
rollmottle 1 week ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 148 views: 17,002
PhelixK 1 week ago

How do you handle a hot mix and bring it down to streaming level? I'm fairly new to mastering and was sent a really hot mix that...

JTC111
replies: 13 views: 841
Trakworx 1 week ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 120 views: 33,581
kant3r 1 week ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 225 views: 26,957
rmaier 1 week ago

Hello! I’m currently using PSP Vintage Warmer as a “clipper” plugin prior to compressor / limiter on my master chain. ...

abluesky
replies: 49 views: 4,273
Slug1 2 weeks ago
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering

Hello folks, Today is the day I can finally announce the launch of my new company : Audiotales Designs :) The aim of the...

X-Pand Sound Mastering
replies: 7 views: 811
AudiotalesDesign 2 weeks ago

I have had 15 tracks mastered to send to be pressed to vinyl (ie I'm sending the files so the company can cut the lacquers) How...

tedmanzie
replies: 13 views: 1,023
tedmanzie 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search