The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By BetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 22 views: 3,828
Dokterrock 5 days ago

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 148 views: 40,191
jontornblom 1 week ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 35,781
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 61,743
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hello all, I've never been diligent about note taking and there have certainly been occasions where I wish I had been. Curious...

oilcan
replies: 5 views: 371
lowland 4 minutes ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,005 views: 101,850
fradoca 47 minutes ago

Ok ch'all, I realize that these instant mastering sites get a lot of debate, criticism, etc...that's not what this thread is...

SDB_12
replies: 90 views: 10,416
jontornblom 2 hours ago

HI, anyone using those? I ve heard dutch&duch 8c and was blown away, so planing to change by the end of the year, but heard...

Zmago Šmon
replies: 0 views: 77
Zmago Šmon 2 hours ago

Hi, I am searching for the best native Vari-Mu emulation (or with a similar glueing without compressing too much behaviour)...

ampar
replies: 56 views: 4,984
Jerry Tubb 6 hours ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 77 views: 30,529
JSchlomo 6 hours ago

Do labels typically remaster individual tracks for digital distribution or is it still common to wait for an EP or LP first and...

Resort Records
replies: 2 views: 225
John Moran 15 hours ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 30 views: 1,714
Doc Mixwell 18 hours ago

Hi, i am searching a second o800 , does anybody in Europe sells one? Sorry i did not know where to post it, or if i could do a...

Marand
replies: 0 views: 155
Marand 22 hours ago

I'm in the midst of deciding between either.. Does anyone have experiences with both?

qkrzazzang
replies: 8 views: 607
deedeeyeah 23 hours ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 576 views: 33,840
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 206 views: 49,642
warlordpriest 1 day ago

Im finding it hard to find out information on what exactly is the time domain, and how to manipulate this for mastering purposes,...

bojobojo
replies: 19 views: 1,114
SmoothTone 1 day ago

Can you guys please recommend some reference tracks of Disco and Funk music of 70/80s? I rather the original masters(no...

SPORT
replies: 12 views: 700
SPORT 1 day ago

Hey fellas, A little help here would be very much appreciated. I have some tracks I'm happy with—ready to release—that are...

b0se
replies: 7 views: 490
b0se 2 days ago

Hello! I'm looking for a good quality stereo converter for homeuse / on the road to make updates. I do master in good studio...

mcferrison
replies: 13 views: 602
ginetto61 2 days ago

I don't think I know anything about mono-stereo compatibility. My mixes don't sound bad in stereo, nor do they sound bad in mono,...

buka
replies: 1 views: 278
Ruairi 2 days ago

I've been on the waiting list for a Cranesong HEDD Quantum for over 14 months. My VK rep seems to have no idea what's going on,...

dogoftears
replies: 21 views: 2,154
Pgsmusic 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm about to release a ep and I am really worried that it just isnt loud enough. I'd hate to send off to distrokid...

slidez
replies: 6 views: 727
TJT 3 days ago

Hi guys. I just want to share a video about EDM mastering. This guy is a german producer and the techniques he used to compress...

SPORT
replies: 14 views: 1,231
AudiotalesDesign 4 days ago

Hello, I'm shopping for a pristine 2 channel DA converter just for monitoring purposes. Since I've read for years about it I'm...

OMU
replies: 61 views: 14,409
Rumi 4 days ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 125 views: 23,428
SingerSongWriter 4 days ago

Hello guys, Ive looking for new speakers for mastering, we have now new dsp monitors like Kii Audio and Dutch Dutch 8c but...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 114 views: 22,267
loji 4 days ago

I have. Its really good. I'm amazed I have seen no talk of it anywhere on this board. Got it today and quickly patched it in...

thermos
replies: 274 views: 58,358
thermos 5 days ago

Hey all, I seem to be having a consistent problem throughout my songs mixes / masters. Make it known I make Heavy dubsep, bass...

0NEYEFL0
replies: 4 views: 490
0NEYEFL0 5 days ago

I know the Massive Passive was a popular mastering EQ 10 years ago. Wondering if it is still as popular today?

Glenn Bucci
replies: 9 views: 843
Trakworx 1 week ago

Hi guys! My name is Alexander, I'm a mix engineer. I'd love to share with you the release of my "Pavlov Talks" project,...

Pavlov.Sound
replies: 1 views: 536
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 440 views: 100,728
fabriciom 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,253 views: 150,325
b0se 1 week ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 115 views: 10,755
greggybud 1 week ago

Artist-client asked if I could make a compilation DDP of two previous albums (I have the DDPs for both) for this compilation...

Kingwhistle
replies: 10 views: 446
Kingwhistle 1 week ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 302 views: 72,648
FabienTDR 1 week ago

There is no official list for gears which can be used with Dangerous Liaison with or without using bleeder resistors . So please...

amit monga
replies: 3 views: 404
amit monga 1 week ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 31 views: 3,755
Benj 1 week ago

Hi, I'm moving to a new studio soon and in the market for new monitors, i do both mixing and mastering in my studio so I'm...

TanTan
replies: 21 views: 4,727
Applaudious 1 week ago

I'm not sure this is the right section to post in, but I'm curious if anyone has compared the Bettermaker Limiter to the Weiss...

ovibis
replies: 31 views: 2,649
Will The Weirdo 1 week ago

I think choosing one can be a challenge as there are different EQs for different purposes. 1. For a clean EQ to just adjust...

Jason rocks
replies: 60 views: 7,763
bcgood 1 week ago

How scientific are these? The only way I see this being correct is if the binary print is the same. Are people NULL'ing and just...

eternalsound
replies: 6 views: 682
AreYouHuman 1 week ago

Just wondering, for those who've had a chance to compare these and put them through their paces - which do you think is the...

MrMoose
replies: 11 views: 1,409
melopie 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 381
bushwick 1 week ago

who is using the Dangerous AD+ here? couldn't find much user experience here on gearslutz, especially in the mastering...

valeot
replies: 17 views: 3,142
Slug1 1 week ago

Thinking out loud here about mp3 files and other compressed formats for streaming and downloads. Here in Sweden Spotify is very...

gainreduction
replies: 14 views: 2,314
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

I'm looking for a mastering dedicated DAW for Windows. Has anybody here used all 3 of these? What are some things you like about...

Barncore
replies: 34 views: 6,741
David Spearritt 1 week ago

A good read here https://crookwood.com/blog/elephants-in-the-mastering-room/

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 31 views: 2,500
telecode 1 week ago

this reads fantastic on paper. 3 transformers and 4 tubes per channel, various types of compression modes, controllable from...

karumba
replies: 46 views: 8,788
warlordpriest 1 week ago

This has been asked before but it was long ago AFAIK. I'm considering charging extra for attended sessions because they take...

Trakworx
replies: 42 views: 1,841
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hi everyone. I have had quite a few people PM me asking for opinions on my new Foote Control Systems P3S Mastering Edition...

aleatoric
replies: 633 views: 139,349
ed littman 1 week ago

I was searching around for some cheap limiter boxes and a friend recommended the Aphex Studio Dominator model 700, the OG one,...

HSLand
replies: 5 views: 751
MASSIVE Master 1 week ago

Hello, I am trying to get a catalog distributed and hopefully get sync placements as well. While I understand that my digital...

studiobuild
replies: 5 views: 479
studiobuild 1 week ago

The Ceiling in Limitless is set to -0.5dB and its internal readings shows me that it peaks out at -0.5dBTP. The loudness meter...

Slogun
replies: 8 views: 487
Conundra 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search