The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 255 views: 73,961
Trakworx 2 days ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 27 views: 9,180
Lazzaretto 4 days ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 39,741
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 65,650
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hey Guys, I recently bounced some tracks from 32 bit to 16 bit, and after bouncing I noticed the peaks on the 16 bit track...

fuzulu
replies: 0 views: 1
fuzulu 15 minutes ago

As this changes like the wind I thought I'd ask.. It appears the top runners at the moment are: TDR Limiter 6 DMG Eventide...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 157 views: 43,639
Ruairi 43 minutes ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 42 views: 6,535
j.frad 1 hour ago

I'm not even sure if "the curious" pass through this forum anymore, but I was wondering what the "layman's"...

eternalsound
replies: 89 views: 3,618
Ruairi 2 hours ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 159 views: 20,374
audiomaster 4 hours ago

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask the question... Did anyone of you have a chance to directly compare Trinnov and...

robertszydlo
replies: 30 views: 4,170
Nick Morris 4 hours ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 646 views: 102,051
ajscent 5 hours ago

Trying my hand at more serious mastering. Recently I got the SPL IRON and ELYSIA APLHA(plugins). Both seem pretty...

Buss-me
replies: 7 views: 632
Buss-me 7 hours ago

Just took Streaky's 3 Step Mastering Tutorial for a laugh. It lasted roughly an hour and he spent maybe 20 minutes on his 3...

profvonsok
replies: 63 views: 5,820
parisminzer 13 hours ago

Can anyone suggest an AD converter that was used in the late 90’s early 2000’s for mastering. I want to get my feet wet with...

bleep
replies: 34 views: 1,871
parisminzer 14 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,076 views: 125,814
David Ray 14 hours ago

I've definitively concluded that 24 bit uploads sound better than 16 bit uploads on Spotify. Now I'm trying to determine if...

burns46824
replies: 4 views: 248
janjaal 14 hours ago

guyz, I have been mastering for 12 years. I have used all waves L crap series, UAD limiter, pro-l, Elephant, limitless,...

janjaal
replies: 8 views: 758
janjaal 15 hours ago

Using Logic Pro X to mix a record of electronic rock. I have started to set up the mixes so that every single track is part of...

jonperl
replies: 8 views: 2,831
JblKid95 15 hours ago

Reflecting with Covid pandemic...I've had quite a few bad experiences sending stuff off to mastering lately. This includes some...

Moondog007
replies: 269 views: 13,607
engmix 19 hours ago

I went to the their web site and not only choose my Beyerdynamics 1990 but many others and tried the demo. I like my headphones...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 18 views: 1,144
fradoca 20 hours ago

Hey Folks, Looking for tips and advice from you Mastering experts on how to use Reverb on the 2buss to glue everything...

Funny Cat
replies: 54 views: 1,252
Trakworx 20 hours ago

I don't have access to a dealer or studio for comparison listening, but after as much research as possible into products at my...

prado escondido
replies: 70 views: 13,787
Earcatcher 22 hours ago

Got an email from Zynaptiq today, like many of you probably did, announcing their acquisition and support of Triumph, Myriad...

Shawn Hatfield
replies: 0 views: 171
Shawn Hatfield 1 day ago

What are your views about the current scenario for Mastering Engineers? Do you consider a mastering engineer to be a White...

darkalex
replies: 9 views: 386
scraggs 1 day ago

I have a semi-audiophile hi-fi system with decent analog and digital gear. Nothing overly $$. And I've been into hi-fi listening...

13mh13
replies: 31 views: 1,041
Laurend 1 day ago

Just posting here for those that might have missed the announcement otherwise, but DMG Audio will be releasing a multiband...

Tarekith
replies: 444 views: 67,254
nomoreflakes 1 day ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 140 views: 12,825
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 day ago

How do you prefer to remove crackle in a pop/rock mix? I thought I was going crazy at first, thinking I clipped something in...

traumerei1838
replies: 7 views: 301
Miles Flint 1 day ago

I always heard back in the day (back when i was hearing a lot of the sound i love and still do) that this thing has, regardless...

fragilo
replies: 1 views: 230
Miles Flint 1 day ago

Hello, I have an Adi-2 Pro and am currently considering a Crane Song HEDD Quantum so I can have two additional high quality...

moustachio
replies: 18 views: 3,384
parisminzer 1 day ago

Hi all, A question for the Pyramix users. As I understand it from the manual Pyramix allow one to playback audio at high...

Ruairi
replies: 1 views: 319
mpdonahue 1 day ago

I'm glad I moved up from the Beyerdyanmic 990's to the 1990. They have a better bass response since they don't drop off so fast...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 3 views: 302
MatsNo 2 days ago

Hey guys Have you seen this video? In this comparison vinyl sounds like **** compared to the original Wav Master...

Mahdes
replies: 154 views: 4,902
Glenn Bucci 2 days ago

I like the stuff a lot, any more reviews please ? anyone hate it ?

AllAboutTone
replies: 21 views: 2,448
bmanic 2 days ago

So, what's your definition of transparent compression...? Things like, a compressor is transparent if it doesn't color the...

OTRM
replies: 6 views: 726
OTRM 2 days ago

Hey all. I really like the feature set and transparent sound of this compressor (Plugin Alliance version). However, I really...

seanmccoy
replies: 44 views: 6,775
seanmccoy 2 days ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 136 views: 27,718
Robb Robinson 3 days ago

who is using the Dangerous AD+ here? couldn't find much user experience here on gearslutz, especially in the mastering...

valeot
replies: 21 views: 5,035
SoundEng1 3 days ago

Hey folks, I have an Altec 1592a which I want to try for Summing/Mastering. As a mono unit I can't use it for stereo and I...

Philbop
replies: 5 views: 362
Philbop 4 days ago

Can you suggest a limiter/clipper - in the box - that is similar to clipping an A-D Converter like the infamous Lavry Gold and...

darkalex
replies: 15 views: 1,529
Saxnscratch 5 days ago

Hi I am testing different Spectrum analyzers, SPAN, Izotope Insight1/2, the Ones in Fabfilter ProQ, the one in AirEQ...

zak7
replies: 24 views: 15,394
Byron Pierce 6 days ago

Hey Guys! Im new to this! I wanted to know your thoughts. Im looking to invest between Genlec 8341A vs ATC SCM25. Its hard to...

ianand
replies: 4 views: 593
Jantex 6 days ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 334 views: 82,615
TurboJets 6 days ago

hey there, Curious if any of you have run into a mix that you are mastering where it seems there is consistently a low level...

neufeldjon
replies: 10 views: 853
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi all, I want to know if people would like to help start a list here of Mastering Studios which accept DSD format. I recently...

boriscrispin
replies: 14 views: 2,548
boriscrispin 1 week ago

How are you MEs faring in this economic environment? I'm here in San Francisco where we've been on "shelter in place"...

Trakworx
replies: 116 views: 8,403
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Hi, I am looking for a good stereo mastering EQ to complement my Tegeler Audio EQP-1 for EDM and Techno mastering duties,...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 28 views: 1,932
biksonije 1 week ago

If you want to make sure your result is not biased by other people's observations, do the test before reading posts below or...

24-96 Mastering
replies: 471 views: 162,319
Stergios T. 1 week ago

My mixes always end up needing a little brightening.. partly my ear preferring a darker sound, maybe (definitely) the room...

fredouli
replies: 11 views: 3,086
Mindtree 1 week ago

Hey everybody ! I'm considering adding a (hardware!) unit to my hybrid mastering toolbox for colouring / saturation / fattening...

Uli Auer
replies: 21 views: 2,287
mardyMcFly 1 week ago

has anyone had a chance to audition the new dirac plugin solution yet? i imagine someone with a first-hand experience with a...

snapmastering
replies: 3 views: 1,234
sm5 1 week ago

After the great post "cheapest decent speakers" https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=67861 let´s...

powerestudio
replies: 49 views: 15,394
XAXAU 1 week ago

Hi guys, Interesting question for some of the technical guys :) I'm running into an interesting problem here. When I add...

lu432
replies: 8 views: 722
lu432 1 week ago

Asking the verified (yes, as I like to hear from those in the trenches who been there, done that and are still being wherever...

boombapdame
replies: 38 views: 1,852
boombapdame 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search