The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Views: 693
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 256 views: 80,875
Trakworx 3 weeks ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 27 views: 10,429
Lazzaretto 26th May 2020

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 40,751
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 66,640
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,120 views: 133,848
Ribbonmicguy 16 minutes ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 157 views: 47,092
John_McEnroe 5 hours ago

Hi, I'm considering a new eq for my Mix Bus. I rarely Master anymore, but I prefer running a mastering grade eq for various...

engmix
replies: 3 views: 125
engmix 5 hours ago

I have a bunch of over 500 audio files (from various sources - varying sound / eq balance) which I'd like to 'straighten out' for...

seaking
replies: 3 views: 212
msmucr 6 hours ago

I've been on the waiting list for a Cranesong HEDD Quantum for over 14 months. My VK rep seems to have no idea what's going on,...

dogoftears
replies: 32 views: 3,743
TanTan 9 hours ago

Hi. External word clock generator still must have in pro mastering house in 2020 or not? I'm talking about multiple converters...

artech909
replies: 5 views: 332
TanTan 9 hours ago

Trying to sound loudest in a normalized playlist. Is that becoming the next loudness war? Even though streaming loudness...

Trakworx
replies: 58 views: 4,646
miguelmarques 9 hours ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 94 views: 12,753
Nikola_Tesla 11 hours ago

I'm in the midst of deciding between either.. Does anyone have experiences with both?

qkrzazzang
replies: 27 views: 3,728
Nikola_Tesla 11 hours ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just thought I'd start this thread for people to note down any hardware EQs they come across that have true stereo control: i.e....

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 20 views: 662
Transistor 14 hours ago

I'm actually in the full passive monitoring path and manual point to point gear connection, but i'm getting old and lazy. So i...

DBarbarulo
replies: 29 views: 2,537
Thomas W. Bethe 16 hours ago

Anyone use the MEP-250EX (with modifications for gain range) as their main mastering EQ? I have been on quite the long search...

Boxtone
replies: 18 views: 2,922
rjb5191 23 hours ago

Interested in Overstayer. But which one for mastering? Overstayer Modular Channel Overstayer M-A-S Overstayer NT-02A I'm...

Trakworx
replies: 44 views: 2,247
Trakworx 1 day ago

Hey guys! Question: I have songs that im putting together as an EP. About 7-8 songs. 3-4 songs are around the same level. The...

rallycapmusic
replies: 11 views: 716
bowzin 1 day ago

Anyone tried a New Mac Pro Tower as a DAW yet? I’m thinking of doing a big upgrade this year, probably the rack version which...

Jerry Tubb
replies: 44 views: 2,750
FabienTDR 2 days ago

Hi, I am looking for a good stereo mastering EQ to complement my Tegeler Audio EQP-1 for EDM and Techno mastering duties,...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 34 views: 2,526
biksonije 2 days ago

Hi I am interested in know the difference between these great equalizers, maybe there isn`t anybody that test both, but I would...

Portubong
replies: 86 views: 25,235
Mootiv 2 days ago

Hi guys, Most of my work has been ITB as it is less expensive but I always thought that one day I will go mostly hardware. I...

DanTheMan06
replies: 13 views: 1,021
Robb Robinson 2 days ago

Trying my hand at more serious mastering. Recently I got the SPL IRON and ELYSIA APLHA(plugins). Both seem pretty...

Buss-me
replies: 12 views: 1,512
OTRM 3 days ago

Recently I've been getting back into headphone listening at home. I picked up a set of Audeze LCD-4z, running them via a Prism...

Brent
replies: 8 views: 462
DBarbarulo 3 days ago

this thread spits off from here in the Kite thread. what I am trying to find out here is: 1) use of Pultecs (and clones) in...

peter sikking
replies: 58 views: 5,650
macc 3 days ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 41 views: 8,308
copiapoa 3 days ago

Never thought about this but sometimes I make 24 bit masters and use these to create mp3 files. It lacks dithering, right? Never...

Raaphorst
replies: 3 views: 294
Raaphorst 3 days ago

What is a good way to deal with the banter between musicians between songs, when you want to bring up those levels in a smooth...

szegedin
replies: 6 views: 574
Andy Le Vien 3 days ago

I'm just gonna leave this here.. https://phonocut.com/ http://vinylgif.com/gifs/201412/hypnotic-spiral-vinyl.gif

bcgood
replies: 37 views: 4,963
Martel80 3 days ago

My Lavry has CH1&CH2 Data outputs. Are these SDIF3 outputs? Best regards, Alex.

MainTime
replies: 0 views: 195
MainTime 5 days ago

Hi, I'm using 2 computers The mix goes out using converter 1 to my mastering chain I have an aux output on Converter 1 that...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 15 views: 963
classified 5 days ago

Ive decided to make my own console using some of Wayne Kirkwood's modules. With exception of the MS and Elliptical circuits...

Robb Robinson
replies: 99 views: 4,599
Robb Robinson 5 days ago

If anyone has more measurements/reviews/internal pictures of some mastering converters or the main chips they use or even measure...

Deleted 2c9d885
replies: 2 views: 687
miguelmarques 5 days ago

Hi friends I'm mastering an album which requires gapless playback, all the tracks flow into each other and overlap at the start...

GarlicJimmy
replies: 10 views: 342
msmucr 6 days ago

I was just watching some of my meters and noticed there they were still hovering around -200db when paused so investigated the...

Leon88
replies: 23 views: 913
classified 6 days ago

This has been a favorite of mine since I was a wee lad. I recently purchased the CD and although I really don't like the CD...

bcgood
replies: 61 views: 5,892
burns46824 6 days ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Hi all, I've been a Mac user since I started mastering (about 7 or 8 years ago). Back then, coming from my production...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 18 views: 2,057
Mike Caffrey 6 days ago

Hi I am testing different Spectrum analyzers, SPAN, Izotope Insight1/2, the Ones in Fabfilter ProQ, the one in AirEQ...

zak7
replies: 52 views: 18,496
Good Times 1 week ago

Hey, guys - Just wanted to get your thoughts on getting that last little bit of sweetness out of a master.... Speaking in...

OTRM
replies: 3 views: 439
DBarbarulo 1 week ago

I've done this 8 times (albums) and should know the answer to this but for some reason I'm struggling this time...

Aperus
replies: 1 views: 333
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 167 views: 22,048
robshrock 1 week ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 49 views: 6,854
Robb Robinson 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 363 views: 56,820
msoficial 1 week ago

I was not too excited about trying out another plug in EQ even though their hardware products are very good. After trying out...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 27 views: 11,919
Adam Dempsey 1 week ago

Hello ME fellows, I would like to know which processor you use for upward expansion and where you usually use in your HW...

Solid Mastering
replies: 22 views: 6,215
SongShark 1 week ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 145 views: 15,422
OTRM 1 week ago

Just wondering what other good methods you guys have to removing DC offset on the master? I've tried using various filters,...

Leon88
replies: 14 views: 903
msmucr 1 week ago

Hi, Delivered Digital and Vinyl masters for an album about a month ago. Got an urgent email on friday evening from the label...

Crizdee
replies: 19 views: 1,366
jono 1 week ago

Hi Sorry i'm new to mastering. Currently i master my tracks using ozone 8 (previously ozone 5). I mix and master all ITB, no...

1jordyzzz
replies: 88 views: 20,975
gee the bass 1 week ago

Hi, I'm interested in Neumann W495/STB/PEA, i'm looking for sample, someone here can tell me more about this eq and/or send me...

Cassar Audio Lab
replies: 14 views: 1,133
Surbitone 1 week ago

Hey guys, first time I've come across this, to this degree. The first kick which hits when the song begins is accentuated and...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 13 views: 788
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 130 views: 29,461
polybonk 1 week ago

It says on the promo material: "The IRON compressor works as a feedback compressor when set to the variable-bias tube...

polybonk
replies: 2 views: 617
polybonk 1 week ago

Hi, I'm moving to a new studio soon and in the market for new monitors, i do both mixing and mastering in my studio so I'm...

TanTan
replies: 22 views: 5,129
Applaudious 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search