The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Mastering forum

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 21 views: 7,880
lucey 4 weeks ago

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 16,999
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 23,842
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 49,968
Riccardo 11th October 2007

this one had to be started sooner or later :cop: So what is the best speaker cable? I am not talking about XLR's here. But...

Zownd
replies: 230 views: 28,719
u87allen 12 minutes ago

This is what im looking since few days when we installed them.. Impressive detail. Impressive image. Impressive...

Giuseppe Zaccaria
replies: 6 views: 3,381
pentagon 2 hours ago

I couldn't find a thread about this album on here. I've been listening to lots of DM tracks again lately and noticed that in the...

DrAudioBot
replies: 3 views: 191
Giuseppe Zaccaria 5 hours ago

Just received this email today: We are looking for a new Audio Engineer who can masterize a song. Hour available: from 12 to 40...

Nonlinear
replies: 12 views: 640
Thomas W. Bethe 6 hours ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 87 views: 8,078
TheMegaMan 6 hours ago

Have been asked to sit on a panel to discuss MQA Oct 7th. Please help me out with links to any info pro or con that would add...

lucey
replies: 458 views: 27,130
Swing 11 hours ago

What other EQ’s has as soft and pleasing mids as the Manley MP ? I’m looking for an EQ to complement the MP for this task,...

TanTan
replies: 40 views: 2,001
Sargon 13 hours ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 787 views: 79,784
moostapha 14 hours ago

When sending out hot refs, don't make them hotter than the target range for your genre. Louder and brighter is all better to the...

lucey
replies: 21 views: 2,189
Slug1 19 hours ago

I have been doing some listening tests lately using Sound Gym through Sennheiser HD280Pro headphones and have found it difficult...

Nonlinear
replies: 6 views: 437
latweek 20 hours ago

I have the Trinnov Optimizer MC on test at the moment. Trinnov Audio Very interesting box. Very deep. Seems to do amazing...

Darius van H
replies: 96 views: 25,878
DanDan 1 day ago

Has anybody had the chance to work properly coupling using the limiter preset among these two machines? Recently I bought a...

kikedrum
replies: 2 views: 388
kikedrum 1 day ago

If you consider mastering in MQA, beware of it's fake authentication scheme. MQA marketing and their copy paste journalists...

soxr
replies: 0 views: 253
soxr 1 day ago

As the title says, are any mastering engineers on here using the Clarity M? I am interested in freeing up some computer screen...

Switchcraft
replies: 49 views: 5,491
gregor z 1 day ago

Hi :) Was hoping I can get an opinion or two or more from some MEs here, on whether or not anyone feels there is too much low...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 2 views: 500
bcgood 1 day ago

Fellow GS forum member FabienTDR brought this unit to my attention in another thread but I figured it deserves its own thread as...

aleatoric
replies: 128 views: 11,190
ckett 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm tired of having to open all my meters plugins every time I need to check where I am, so I'd like to get...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 23 views: 954
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

I can't find the info online. If I remember correctly my first encounter with the plugin was around 1997-98 but I think the...

philip
replies: 20 views: 1,009
Bob Olhsson 2 days ago

Hi folks! thats my first topic, can you believe it?? I know these two converters are not "top notch" ultra high...

rubcn
replies: 4 views: 649
Slug1 2 days ago

I am a self taught mastering engineer (arent we all!) And ive done countless masters, the one thing i cant find a resource on is...

sadix
replies: 4 views: 479
Justin P. 2 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 811 views: 103,383
Sargon 3 days ago

Morning/afternoon/evening kfhkh I've searched the forum but most answers are from years ago and things have changed a fair bit...

b0se
replies: 4 views: 346
TEEspresso 3 days ago

Hi I am just curious can I rely on device like match eq.Would you recomend this plugin for "bedroom producer"who wants...

ssyniu
replies: 4 views: 375
SmoothTone 3 days ago

After seeing jamiepeters' Weiss Mastering Console resurrected, and salivating all over it, I wondered how many MEs are using a...

api2500
replies: 126 views: 19,645
Magnus Lindberg 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I was trying to figure out the difference between Proportional and Peak bell filters of the EQ module within Ozone...

danvales82
replies: 1 views: 361
Red Black 4 days ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 8 views: 2,212
tedmanzie 4 days ago

Hello all, it's been a while. This is from my own 16mm film collection and shows how 2x similar sound sources interfere with...

wado1942
replies: 1 views: 334
macc 5 days ago

I follow up the Massive pasive Tricks? What about Cranesong STC 8 tricks? Any favorite Preset settings? Do you use the V modes...

masterpool
replies: 61 views: 14,349
Glenn Bucci 5 days ago

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to send my first album off to mastering this weekend and the plan is to get it released on a...

kirkelein
replies: 3 views: 457
kirkelein 5 days ago

Hi guys, I've finally come to the point where I would like to get my first track mastered. Till now I've done it all myself so...

loopdude
replies: 6 views: 367
SmoothTone 5 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 52 views: 4,677
horseface 5 days ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,136 views: 88,307
frenzy 5 days ago

Hi all, I have noticed that (at least for me), the easiest songs to master are the ones that are mixed dark and still have...

derrickson
replies: 30 views: 1,660
DBarbarulo 5 days ago

Ozone 8

Hasn't been mentioned here, because the upgrade policy etc are just a bloodbath. But really good processing. Spectral shaper...

thermos
replies: 57 views: 9,048
MogwaiBoy 6 days ago

Looking for feedback on the Gyraf Audio Gyratec XIV eq and any nice comments . Can it do extreme pushing or creative eq and...

jachin boaz
replies: 48 views: 15,159
teebaum 1 week ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my current understanding is that Spotify and others who use -14LUFS level matching do some version...

Ain't Nobody
replies: 45 views: 1,417
Saxnscratch 1 week ago

Has anybody had the chance to compare Pendulum Limiter unit against other plug in Limiters like Fab filter etc...? I like the fab...

studerian
replies: 32 views: 7,645
kikedrum 1 week ago

Any of you guys using Crimson as a limiter and nothing else? I had some interresting results using it, and with Load from...

gregerlindberg
replies: 4 views: 571
nverxion 1 week ago

Hey, all you mastering gurus, I need some tips here. A client brought me a bunch of songs to master, primarily rap (some...

seanmccoy
replies: 7 views: 574
seanmccoy 1 week ago

Kazrog says "Kazrog KClip is the most transparent mastering loudness plugin ever." A strong claim. Anyone tried it?

drichard
replies: 203 views: 30,109
Kazrog 1 week ago

Aah the good old monitor controller dilemma. The feature set of both Crookwood (C1-4AX) and Imperium (2u) is quite different, so...

Emanuel23
replies: 3 views: 582
JP__ 1 week ago

Ok, we've had the STC-8 tips n tricks thread, which I found pretty interesting, especially for such a "deep" box. So...

Thor
replies: 164 views: 68,787
mastermat 1 week ago

Hi I wanted to know if there are some monitors which do not tire the ears. E.g made with some new technique like manger...

mattbeat
replies: 54 views: 3,811
dietrich10 1 week ago

Has anyone here had or have any expirience with their products? I'm interested in their 435 mastering eq and mastering switcher....

SoundEng1
replies: 22 views: 1,549
TanTan 1 week ago

Say Good night, Gracie Are CDs Dead? Best Buy To Stop Selling CDs Soon And Target May Follow | The Source

John Moran
replies: 53 views: 2,129
John Moran 1 week ago

I've been looking for an SPL Loudness Maximizer Model 9632 for a while but I can't find one for sale. I know this isn't the...

HSLand
replies: 11 views: 1,721
the unik 1 week ago

hi, i'm a mix engineer, it's been just a few months since i started to work with artists. since my clients are indie artists,...

coldvodka
replies: 18 views: 681
karibu 1 week ago

Hello guys, Ive looking for new speakers for mastering, we have now new dsp monitors like Kii Audio and Dutch Dutch 8c but...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 55 views: 4,328
Swift Mastering 1 week ago

Does anyone have experience with how the newer upgraded Lynx Aurora (n) line of converters stacks up against the Mytek Digital...

aleatoric
replies: 2 views: 612
CrunkThanAMug 1 week ago

How is everyone lighting their studios? What mistakes have you made and lessons have you learned? I wish I had natural...

Joe_caithness
replies: 50 views: 6,597
Justin P. 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search