2nd December 2020 Views: 433
Views: 433
2nd December 2020
Announcement: Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 1,303
Views: 1,303
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 371 views: 112,258
Trakworx 5 days ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 36 views: 13,227
lowland 4th October 2020

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 42,188
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 68,008
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 232 views: 26,667
jwojtysiak 1 hour ago

At the suggestion of Dom @ Smoothtone picking up on remarks I made in the 'Extreme Highs and Lows' discussion, your thoughts are...

lowland
replies: 63 views: 4,183
Paul Gold 9 hours ago

Just curious How many have/use subs for "Music" not for Film with Earthquake frequencies?

nosebleedaudio
replies: 13 views: 389
rollmottle 9 hours ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 180 views: 22,734
Shaggy2039 12 hours ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 721 views: 61,311
Bob Olhsson 12 hours ago

Hey guys! I'm a 16 Y/o High School Senior from Asia, so yesterday I paid a visit to my college counsellor, over 75 ivy league...

darkalex
replies: 26 views: 1,136
kludgeaudio 14 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,272 views: 164,387
Jerry Tubb 17 hours ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 955 views: 149,091
jwojtysiak 1 day ago

I'm not sure this is the right section to post in, but I'm curious if anyone has compared the Bettermaker Limiter to the Weiss...

ovibis
replies: 32 views: 5,869
ciarlino 1 day ago

Hey there, There are a lot of threads talking about LUFS mastering levels... But haven't seen one discussing about LUFS...

_barnee
replies: 4 views: 399
Paul Gold 1 day ago

Was sad to find out yesterday that Leon from Music House who cut a lot of dubs and masters here in the UK, especially in the...

Joe_caithness
replies: 2 views: 229
JTransition 1 day ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 88 views: 14,675
ade2 1 day ago

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for software EQ that is incredibly transparent. I have worked with a Sontec Hardware EQ and...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 40 views: 2,545
Ben F 2 days ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 215 views: 28,411
nichttuntun 2 days ago

Hey everyone - I realise this question may seem super general, but it is in connection with my new AD/DA. In the Antelope Orion...

Princeton.Verb
replies: 9 views: 513
S_mask 3 days ago

hi guys, i'm using reaper since some months for all my masters since i really like the workflow. since most album masters...

karumba
replies: 59 views: 11,777
Philbo King 3 days ago

Hey fellow Mastering Engineer, here's something new for you :) 1951 Mastering...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 49 views: 5,398
AudiotalesDesign 3 days ago

Hi there, MEs! Soooo? Steven Slate VSX Headphone?! I have waited a bit to ask, as there is another monster thread going...

Deleted 222f60c
replies: 7 views: 1,433
Surbitone 3 days ago

Hello guys, This is for all Acustica audio users. Do you think Acqua plugins like pink or sand sound better inside N4...

music.shft
replies: 0 views: 206
music.shft 3 days ago

Hi there, I will have an API 5500 soon, I was wondering if anyone with this combo have found a favorite way to connect...

Deleted 9f8a14f
replies: 2 views: 706
mnawara 3 days ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 61 views: 11,239
Robb Robinson 4 days ago

I just got Metric AB. I am trying to insert a Cue point. I watched a few tuts online trying to figure out how to do it. I play...

MrMusic1070
replies: 0 views: 240
MrMusic1070 5 days ago

Hi all, Quick question: I have Wavelab 10 but haven't had the opportunity to install it and fully check out the DDP export...

Resort Records
replies: 3 views: 336
Resort Records 5 days ago

as we all know streaming services are using loudness normalisation these days. but it doesn't really work since when listening to...

DonGoliath
replies: 14 views: 1,960
DistortingJack 5 days ago

So hopefully this time round I won't be buying premade. I want sixteen 2 meter XLR cables for connecting processing hardware to...

graph
replies: 19 views: 1,185
DistortingJack 5 days ago

Hey all! So I've been trying to improve my masters for what feels like forever but recently I was able to make progress using...

listen2benp
replies: 44 views: 3,636
d1966 6 days ago

I've been on the waiting list for a Cranesong HEDD Quantum for over 14 months. My VK rep seems to have no idea what's going on,...

dogoftears
replies: 33 views: 4,787
hywyn 6 days ago

Hello everyone , I am wondering if Peter Reardon is still the owner of shadow hills industries. As I m interested in the...

EmilEchal
replies: 4 views: 885
EmilEchal 6 days ago

I wonder if there was a practice to mix songs one by one onto on roll, probably with fades in place to prevent the second tape...

DAH
replies: 1 views: 327
JLaPointe 6 days ago

Wondering how you guys deal with powering on/off gear that does not have a front power switch? When mounting units such as the...

OTRM
replies: 11 views: 1,592
CJ Mastering 6 days ago
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering

Well this should be quite interesting :heh: Instagram

X-Pand Sound Mastering
replies: 35 views: 6,628
RavenKis 1 week ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 228 views: 24,410
mljung 1 week ago

Are you using a master w/c device? Or relying on your converters w/c distributing w/c to other devices? Or not using...

Jules
replies: 2 views: 380
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 69 views: 46,602
tedmanzie 1 week ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 150 views: 22,228
Mount Stupid 1 week ago

It seems that the idea to record, store and process audio at very high sample-rates has become fashionable. More precisely,...

FabienTDR
replies: 413 views: 79,026
TurboJets 1 week ago

Hi guys. I know there have been similar threads to these, but I thought it might be interesting to do another one updated to the...

Bob CG
replies: 34 views: 4,496
Bobhoffnar 1 week ago

Hello, Despite this wild time we live in, I am able to purchase a few items to expand my setup. I have a solid signal chain...

cmwolf
replies: 22 views: 1,534
SwitchesAndDials 1 week ago

I've only used Waves L2, Ozone 8/9, and Fabfilter Pro L2. Ozone sounds most transparent, but a bit thin. Fabfilter has better...

bladelaw
replies: 41 views: 5,999
OTRM 1 week ago

Does anyone know what the audio resolution is between engines when using the internal routing in the tc Electronic System 6000...

Rick Fisher
replies: 2 views: 399
Rick Fisher 1 week ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 121 views: 16,106
Ben F 1 week ago

Try yourself, Go on spotify, turn off volume normalise and download any top 100 tracks. 99% will have intersample peaks...

alexishere
replies: 4 views: 712
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

I submitted pretty a nice voiceover for a promo video. The voice track was in mp3 at 1 536 Kbps; 48 000 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo, which...

cubista
replies: 6 views: 575
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

Just wondering??? We weren't busy and then we were super busy and now the phone hasn't rung with a phone call from a new...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 128 views: 14,617
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

I'm in the market for a Vari Mu. I'm interested to know if anyone has had the opportunity to demo this unit and A/B it against...

mozumbo
replies: 117 views: 30,909
denork 1 week ago

Hi Sonnox Limiter is on sale. I am doing my own mastering in the box. It sounds great to me compared to the other ITB...

ktwalker76
replies: 9 views: 2,766
noah330 1 week ago

Hey, i’m planning on getting a 2 track tape machine just for mixdown so i can send around for analog mastering. The tape...

PlasticSoul6
replies: 14 views: 1,023
MoTech 1 week ago

please post you favourite reference songs for mastering purposes. they should obviously have a great tonal balance and also cover...

DonGoliath
replies: 11 views: 1,250
Philbo King 1 week ago

I have my 250 ex at a tech and turns out the schematic he has is for a 250 A and he doesnt feel comfortable doing the mod until...

planet red
replies: 1 views: 359
Adam Dempsey 1 week ago

My monitoring environment is not perfect. 'Feels good to say that out loud :lol: It's pretty good though, and I've been in the...

Trakworx
replies: 52 views: 2,742
Transco 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search