The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByBetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 92 views: 20,229
Paul_G 2 weeks ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 29 views: 21,380
KStC 4th July 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 32,550
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 58,576
Riccardo 11th October 2007
replies: 17 views: 1,672
mcgilroy 50 minutes ago

Fellow GS forum member FabienTDR brought this unit to my attention in another thread but I figured it deserves its own thread as...

aleatoric
replies: 166 views: 20,341
dede 2 hours ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 793 views: 71,775
DownSideUp 2 hours ago

Hi folks, Could anyone confirm that in Sequoia 13 (and in contrast to earlier Sequoia versions) it's now impossible to copy a...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 36 views: 2,280
I.R.Baboon 2 hours ago

I wonder if anyone here has worked with or listened to the newer KEF R3 or its predecessor R300? I can get a pretty good deal on...

Alphavoyager
replies: 0 views: 67
Alphavoyager 3 hours ago

I’m continually amazed by the low overall level of CD rips of the original mid-late 80s releases. I’m not talking about...

basehead617
replies: 72 views: 4,306
IanBSC 4 hours ago

Hello fellow Slutz! So, I'd like to know how on earth drum & bass mastering engineers are getting this kind of loudness. It...

Iron Octopus
replies: 24 views: 1,470
macc 14 hours ago

Hi guys, I was just about to splash (a lot) of cash on a Sterling Modular Plan A desk. Quite expensive in the UK and a long...

audiomaster
replies: 34 views: 6,408
matucha 20 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for a great AES/EBU soundcard to go with my mac pro 5.1 The Lynx AES16 is still the one to get or there's better...

KIDBILL
replies: 28 views: 4,699
Thomas W. Bethe 20 hours ago

Is any of you doing mastering in a small room with low ceiling? (7ft) Is it doable in such a small room or is it a complete no...

Alphavoyager
replies: 34 views: 2,052
Silvertone 20 hours ago

Hey Guys, I’m looking for MacBook Pro recommendations for DAW Mastering. 15” 2014 or newer with the i7 processor. To run...

Jerry Tubb
replies: 9 views: 1,165
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

Dear sluz need some advice. At the moment I own a uad apollo twin mkII quad. I have been getting more and more mastering jobs...

bari_floydian
replies: 10 views: 771
Razik 1 day ago

Hello everyone I’m just gonna make x2 Masterings, one is for a CD and the other for a Vinyl. I did not do a mastering vinyl...

Midas
replies: 8 views: 855
dietrich10 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz, I wonder if you have any recommendations for a 36U mastering desk where the units are split into 3 columns of...

Iron Octopus
replies: 11 views: 868
gyraf 1 day ago

Debated whether to put this in the EDM production forum but this is clearly some kind of mastering trickery going on here. Drum...

Iron Octopus
replies: 6 views: 596
Miles Flint 1 day ago

Always found this box interesting but never used one. Seems to be an "all in one" solution, which makes me slightly...

Joe_caithness
replies: 23 views: 13,945
mcsnare 2 days ago

Gello fellow Slutz, I have been reading some info on GS in a bid to get louder electronic music masters, and it seems that ADC...

Iron Octopus
replies: 3 views: 552
Iron Octopus 2 days ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 35 views: 3,979
teebaum 2 days ago

Hi guys I want to try the sidechain insert on the OCL-2 and I'm not sure what kind of cable to use. Let's say I take the output...

SStudio
replies: 6 views: 759
John Moran 3 days ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 29 views: 8,425
NM.64 3 days ago

Hey, I have some questions to you mastering pros. I got a master back from a pro mastering company and I have two questions....

frabo
replies: 14 views: 1,696
Deptronic 3 days ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 69 views: 9,800
gyraf 3 days ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 115 views: 19,972
greggybud 4 days ago

hello! what is your favourite mastering EQ (hardware only) for hi mids boosts as well as for high boosts? thank you vlado

[email protected]
replies: 31 views: 3,847
Earcatcher 4 days ago

Hey there, Has anyone had a play with the Tokyo Dawn DeEdger? I just used it on a project where the vocalist had used 2...

Channel time
replies: 121 views: 18,855
BrainCheck123 5 days ago

Is anyone in the Northern Ohio area on this list capable of transferring a 1/2" four channel tape to digital file? This is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 636
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 190 views: 21,754
ruby06 6 days ago

I post this here because Prism Sound Lyra 2 is considered a mastering interface in the magazines and selling sites. Here i...

ilias
replies: 11 views: 2,532
j.frad 6 days ago

I like to keep as little in line as possible but am currently limited to my single speaker pair for monitoring and my headphone...

brijem
replies: 72 views: 11,010
RogerFoote 6 days ago

Hey Guys Just throwing in this question... does anybody still offering CD masters these days? I am wondering on...

mitec1602
replies: 39 views: 2,575
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

Ive moved temporary to small room and my main monitors are just to big. Im also electronic music producer And need to work now in...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 1 views: 762
Luke Skywalker 1 week ago

Does anybody of my dear colleagues use an adjustable high-pass filter with selectable Q and frequency? Analog and good quality...

cemski
replies: 11 views: 1,366
Labs 1 week ago

Hi, all! I know these kinds of threads pop up a lot from newbies, but I'm really hopping for some advice. Has anyone had...

tgbeats
replies: 4 views: 751
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Is there anything now for embedding meta data onto wav files like song title, artist, ISRC code etc. I know you can embed this...

Musiclab
replies: 9 views: 956
miguelmarques 1 week ago

Iv tried it in the High End forum with no luck. Are There any Vintage EQs from the 70s and 80s except ITI/Sontec you can use...

Michael_
replies: 45 views: 4,626
S_mask 1 week ago

I have a client that want to do a compilation from some songs I have done in the past, he give me a cd that contain that...

Tachy
replies: 7 views: 947
GYMusic 1 week ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 114 views: 31,685
kant3r 1 week ago

Anyone using a Lucid 88192 or similar 'extension' multi-channel ADC/DAC in your setup? I picked one up for cheap but won't have...

brijem
replies: 1 views: 634
Franco 1 week ago

Hello, I was wanting to change interfaces, and was considering the RME ADI 2 PRO. I know unlike some other devices with...

hairbow
replies: 3 views: 786
hairbow 1 week ago

Hey estimated MEs, I'm putting a hybrid mastering setup together and wonder what kinds of workflows people using analog gear...

Uli Auer
replies: 36 views: 2,089
Apostolos Siopis 1 week ago

I'm really proud of a new chain I have been using. Engineer Filter Waves V-Comp Waves C4 Izotope Ozone 8...

lastcall
replies: 39 views: 6,429
neilvg 1 week ago

Hello everyone - A stupid question perhaps. I am mastering a track in PT at 24/96 (Wav) and bounced it down to 16/44 MP3 (for...

session bass
replies: 31 views: 2,002
lu432 1 week ago

Is there any benefit of using SFE on MBP as this function can be replaced with any digital eq in M/s mode or may be using vertigo...

amit monga
replies: 1 views: 706
Mootiv 1 week ago

hello, I'm thinking about a great deesser, I really enjoy the maselec MDS-2. But I don't really understand, I see the maselec...

achaiss
replies: 32 views: 8,818
Switchcraft 1 week ago
replies: 26 views: 7,741
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

Dear Gearslutz, Do you think the Merging Anubis (Pro Version) could be a good contender / alternative to the Lynx Hilo ?...

mmn
replies: 2 views: 1,084
pentagon 2 weeks ago

Hi On a mastering A/D converter like the Lavry AD122-96, where does the clipping occur (if you push hard into it) ? At the...

invalidusername
replies: 11 views: 1,368
Ben F 2 weeks ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 117 views: 12,212
RogerFoote 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 300 views: 34,718
elgee 2 weeks ago

Who use cranesong stc in the chain only for gain staging and tone of gain? Confused to sell it or not.

amit monga
replies: 3 views: 906
engmix 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search