The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey everyone Pleased to let you know that Brian Schmidt will be joining us from Monday for a "mini" Q+A in the...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 944
Whitecat 4 weeks ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 27 views: 13,433
2"Dave 7th July 2018

We have the awesome Klas Lindblad over for our next Q&A!! He has nearly 30 years of producing awesome tunes under his belt,...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 2,067
Reptil 28th June 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 21,137
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 27,496
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 53,604
Riccardo 11th October 2007

When choosing your monitor system, between passive and active, did you take into account the serviceability of a passive setup...

finetuner
replies: 44 views: 6,637
IkennaFuNkEn 8 minutes ago

Hello, Are there are any speakers out there for around £1000 (pair) that one could master on and do any of you seasoned...

fragment67
replies: 15 views: 316
philip 30 minutes ago

Im interested what your financial way was to become a Big mastering Studio ! Do you go to the Bank and told them: "hello...

KEX
replies: 55 views: 4,128
FabienTDR 2 hours ago

i got RX6 standard and definitely want to upgrade to RX7 for the muric rebalance etc. i demo'ed a lot more atm and advanced...

Caine
replies: 32 views: 1,395
Riccardo 2 hours ago

Trying to demo Weiss - but no Softube plugs - including the ones I own - are listed as available. In the plugin settings I find...

hobson
replies: 12 views: 633
DBarbarulo 4 hours ago

Hello! I tested the Lipinski L-301 amplifier and must say I'm impressed. It sounds great with Lipinski speakers and...

Jacek Gawlowski
replies: 14 views: 2,894
Antoine Fabi 5 hours ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 893 views: 97,253
cooker 9 hours ago

Been trying to get in touch with him for a couple of projects but no reply on his regular mail. Anybody knows?

lasso
replies: 18 views: 2,287
Greg Dubuis 14 hours ago

Ive been using this site a few times to check on how masters will sound on the end product (youtube, spotify etc.) Loudness...

nixoblivion
replies: 10 views: 428
I.R.Baboon 22 hours ago

Recently had the pleasure of working with Maor Appelbaum to bring his vision of the mastering color box into the physical...

RogerFoote
replies: 5 views: 517
RogerFoote 1 day ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 459 views: 68,190
finetuner 1 day ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 111 views: 8,063
mmarra 1 day ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 43 views: 10,449
scartissue555 1 day ago

I've been demo'ing them lately and i don't understand why they aren't more talked about and highly regarded. I'm no audiophile by...

Barncore
replies: 19 views: 2,833
Dr. Mordo 1 day ago

Hi there, I've been away for a few years… Let me ask one simple question… How is the EBU R128 accepted regarding...

mdoelger
replies: 5 views: 699
GP_Hawk 1 day ago

I need an advice. For a budget of ~ 50 000 $ for starting a mastering studio project, what you think should be bought first. Any...

staikov
replies: 12 views: 708
staikov 1 day ago

Hi, I was listening to some new and old thrash metal albums, paying attention to the sound/tone of drum, for example...

Killkrt
replies: 16 views: 1,140
Joe_caithness 2 days ago

I recently did a test of L*NDR for the podcast I am doing with a couple of collegues, thought it could be of interest for the...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 80 views: 5,952
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

My former thread about updates on ordering seems to have been deleted, so. . . Just ordered another case of RMGI SM900...

Plush
replies: 134 views: 19,345
Plush 3 days ago

Hey guys! Just want to know if some of you are using those ? I plan to go out of the box, and they look like really great...

MichaelStAmour
replies: 23 views: 1,549
ionian 3 days ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 562 views: 62,553
Shaggy2039 3 days ago

Miad EQ

Has anyone else tried these in their room yet. I have a pair on demo that I can't let go. Amazing boxes. They have the bottom...

Paul_G
replies: 65 views: 8,691
MIAD 4 days ago

I’m wondering how computer monitors are attached to Mastering desks, particularly the Sterling Modular type desks. I’ve...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 436
[email protected] 4 days ago

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Prism Lyra AD side. So I'd like to know how compares Dangerous AD+ vs the Crane song...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 35 views: 3,956
B Elgin 4 days ago

So I am curious what people think about these, and what the experiences have been with the L70s.

nyandres
replies: 6 views: 971
nyandres 4 days ago

Hi Sorry i'm new to mastering. Currently i master my tracks using ozone 8 (previously ozone 5). I mix and master all ITB, no...

1jordyzzz
replies: 70 views: 5,777
the unik 5 days ago

anyone else hearing this unintentional distortion at 1:02 on Kacey Musgraves new single 'Butterflies'? (right side more than...

greenroom
replies: 32 views: 2,038
Lord Alvin 5 days ago

i'm thinking of buying a 500 frame for a few mastering tools. i will certainly listen to the fredenstein f610 eq, but i think...

teebaum
replies: 66 views: 3,058
teebaum 5 days ago

Hello guys ! Maybe some of you will answer me before I get the information from the label so I can get the job done. I have...

JanZoo
replies: 6 views: 437
da goose 5 days ago

I am curious, has anyone here experimented with using a music server to send a final mix to your DAC for mastering OTB. In short,...

Bodhifile
replies: 35 views: 1,250
evosilica 5 days ago

I have been comparing my stuff to popular songs nowadays and one thing I have really noticed is their masters look so squashed on...

carlosdanger
replies: 62 views: 4,085
Hermetech Mastering 5 days ago

Hi folks, I'd like to share a brief review of an exceptional compressor, the Vacuvox U23, in a mastering context. TBH I haven't...

finetuner
replies: 10 views: 939
Bigbang 5 days ago

I've noticed the LCD-X are quite popular around here so this seemed like the best place to ask. I'm currently using an Apollo...

ohmicide
replies: 6 views: 528
protools 6 days ago

PQ2 Vintage Filters A non-ridiculously priced stepped/switched pultec! Anyone heard or used it? I took the plunge...

MannyTheAvatar
replies: 4 views: 1,053
Benoit D 6 days ago

I would like to discuss how do you handle with pitch and catch at different sample rates in Reapers, and other daws too. As many...

Piddizero
replies: 0 views: 253
Piddizero 6 days ago

DSP-Quattro

DrAudioBot
replies: 43 views: 2,869
Wilburguy 6 days ago

on youtube i saw on the channel produce like a pro with warren huart and warren sokol mastering engineer a interesting...

gregorydutchman
replies: 4 views: 965
WSmastering 1 week ago

Hi! Got a question and was looking some advice on batch processing. Does anyone batch process files to set a even LUFS level...

Matt Pumpkin
replies: 20 views: 1,115
Switchcraft 1 week ago

How do you save your files for online streaming? Based on the CD-Album, what would you do with the pauses between the tracks of...

mirochandler
replies: 2 views: 400
mirochandler 1 week ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 834 views: 110,951
Saxnscratch 1 week ago

Hey guys, was recently messin around in ableton takin a look at the waveform of some mastered tracks and couldnt help but notice...

SmittyCono
replies: 3 views: 585
DAH 1 week ago

Check out this new EQ. Looks pretty interesting for mastering...

bcgood
replies: 69 views: 7,722
cheu78 1 week ago

If you purchased two Titans, it would be $1,000 cheaper than the STC-8. With the extra color the Titans provide they can be used...

Jason rocks
replies: 13 views: 2,494
TanTan 1 week ago

When I learned about this unit I thought this forum would pick it up fast! Doesnt seem to have happened yet dispite it's being...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 52 views: 14,804
Dweaton 1 week ago

Very few ppl talk about this but at the back of the Ibis there're 2 connectors these allow to insert any device in one of the...

livingstone
replies: 9 views: 1,124
mirochandler 1 week ago

I wrote a small script that makes afclip (the clip-check-utility of the 'mastered for iTunes'-package) a little more useful for...

kosmokrator
replies: 19 views: 5,060
mykla 1 week ago

Hi all. Could anyone please advise or suggest on what products are currently available similar to a Maselec MEA-2? Is the...

graph
replies: 24 views: 1,258
cheu78 1 week ago

Hey Guys! I'm preparing tracks of my client for vinyl cutting.He gave me WAV files in 44.1 kHz / 24 bit. I won't get other...

Centrala
replies: 4 views: 581
Hermetech Mastering 1 week ago

I wasn't going to post this but I figured ..what the heck. I'm not in a position right now to set up my mastering...

eternalsound
replies: 73 views: 3,231
mpr 1 week ago

This topic is dedicated to aiwindows plugins, but may also cover combinations of them being used along with other...

theMuzzl3
replies: 25 views: 1,718
theMuzzl3 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search