The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Mastering forum

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,348
Views: 2,348
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 21 views: 9,527
lucey 24th January 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 18,344
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 25,049
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 51,155
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I'd be really interested to hear from some ME's on what they think are the best produced heavy rock and metal tracks. Stuff maybe...

db9d9
replies: 21 views: 536
Hermetech Mastering 8 minutes ago

I am looking to replace my mains, looking for something actually full range, so I can drop the sub. Originally I was planning for...

Iostream
replies: 73 views: 7,784
audiomaster 1 hour ago

Hi Guys I should state i am not a mastering engineer , but i am trying to understand the process better and in mastering my own...

Whatevertrevor
replies: 18 views: 1,934
Adam Dempsey 6 hours ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 90 views: 8,698
Jeremiah Sheets 11 hours ago

Iv just purchased a new PMC MB2s XBD for my masteringroom. I have to change my amp and like to check out hypex. Pmc recommend me...

Audiovisjon
replies: 46 views: 21,832
Wallau1 12 hours ago

I can really only afford 1 Mastering EQ after blowing the bank on my Neve Portico II Master Buss Processor. I can buy the BG3...

tom682
replies: 10 views: 597
mftorso 13 hours ago

Currently in my setup, I am looking to upgrade my monitors. I do the production, mixing, and "mastering" (my chains and...

Bond117
replies: 23 views: 1,567
Solic 14 hours ago

I'm in the market for a Vari Mu. I'm interested to know if anyone has had the opportunity to demo this unit and A/B it against...

mozumbo
replies: 111 views: 18,624
warlordpriest 16 hours ago

Hi, I have Neve 8816, which has an easy M/S option. Just press a button and the insert becomes M/S. Now, if I have all my gear...

derrickson
replies: 6 views: 502
Jeremiah Sheets 17 hours ago

I had to show it here as well. OK, it's done and it sounds GREAT and is deadquiet. It's done with stepped swithes, all done...

da goose
replies: 402 views: 93,586
Labs 18 hours ago

looks like an interesting and inexpensive mastering-eq! Has anyone heard it...

teebaum
replies: 16 views: 1,023
teebaum 21 hours ago

... on Gearsluts and other forums. What is your opinion on this method?

cemski
replies: 14 views: 800
Jules 23 hours ago

Hi all, I know what expansion does, but I wonder how one discerns when it is "called for", so to speak, in a master...

citrusburst
replies: 2 views: 353
citrusburst 1 day ago

Ozone 8

Hasn't been mentioned here, because the upgrade policy etc are just a bloodbath. But really good processing. Spectral shaper...

thermos
replies: 70 views: 12,059
MogwaiBoy 1 day ago

So i always have the dilemma on how loud a master should be. In the modern day, where most stuff will land on youtube or spotify...

nixoblivion
replies: 20 views: 903
DAH 1 day ago

I got reminded about my single anecdote with high level mastering today - Metropolis mastering, specifically done by Streaky and...

The Listener
replies: 86 views: 10,040
tengu 1 day ago

Hi folks! thats my first topic, can you believe it?? I know these two converters are not "top notch" ultra high...

rubcn
replies: 21 views: 2,412
Slug1 1 day ago

Hello guys, Ive looking for new speakers for mastering, we have now new dsp monitors like Kii Audio and Dutch Dutch 8c but...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 62 views: 6,587
loji 1 day ago

I've just been turning masters down a bit to avoid ISP's and downstream overs from conversions. I generally do -0.5db, but I've...

Ain't Nobody
replies: 20 views: 923
Ain't Nobody 1 day ago

Some months ago I got a phone call from a guy in the US encouraging me to try a new type of audio processing called FiDef....

Chris Bauer
replies: 24 views: 1,861
Friedemann T 1 day ago

Hi dear slutz Can anyone please identify these little Tannoy speakers in Mike Bozzi's room? Mike Bozzi on Instagram:...

bari_floydian
replies: 2 views: 467
bari_floydian 2 days ago

I was checking out some Greg Calbi interviews and videos recently and was a bit astonished by his description of cables. He talks...

rosewood123
replies: 44 views: 2,635
RJHollins 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 86 views: 3,339
Macaroni 2 days ago

I loved editing in Sonic and it just sounded better for some voodoo / BS reason but...it crashed like a stock car -...

streaky
replies: 4 views: 392
Riccardo 2 days ago

I posted a thread over in hi end about a pair of speakers that came in for evaluation three weeks ago that I ended up...

nomatic
replies: 91 views: 12,442
macc 3 days ago

This looks interesting... Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. — Balance Mastering Not sure what constitutes 'true...

chopstickkk
replies: 19 views: 1,157
lexr 3 days ago

Hello, I have been working with LUFS level output for about a year, and use a sort of back and forth technique of brick wall...

mister sunshine
replies: 5 views: 373
mister sunshine 3 days ago

Hey guys, on the HEDD, if the Sample Rate dial is set to WC, is the unit distributing word clock or receiving it? My word...

engmix
replies: 3 views: 324
Saxnscratch 3 days ago

Would love perspectives on anyone who has tried the Trinity, with or without the 10m, vs the Grimm cc1. Looking for a new clock...

lmgoldsmith
replies: 19 views: 9,772
Earcatcher 3 days ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 29 views: 1,955
Justin P. 3 days ago

Hi Guys. I have asked HCL for a quote on a Varis, and in the reply bakc they say that it will be shipped from their factory in...

Vilddyr
replies: 45 views: 6,965
copiapoa 3 days ago

I've heard the first digital MULTI-TRACK recorders came out in the early 1990s. However, I see the "DDD" SPARS code...

13mh13
replies: 15 views: 1,108
MoltenVoltage 4 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 104 views: 4,782
OMU 4 days ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 824 views: 84,929
jazbina 4 days ago

Miad EQ

Has anyone else tried these in their room yet. I have a pair on demo that I can't let go. Amazing boxes. They have the bottom...

Paul_G
replies: 52 views: 5,724
nomatic 4 days ago

I have some old tape synth recordings from 1978 and 1980’s that I need to remove broadband noise and get that “album sound”...

andrewskee
replies: 8 views: 1,003
Dave Polich 4 days ago

Hi fellow slutz and greetings here from Denmark I am planning to do a future release on old floppy disks and I want to release...

MDSKNNRP
replies: 53 views: 4,547
F. Davis 4 days ago

I have. Its really good. I'm amazed I have seen no talk of it anywhere on this board. Got it today and quickly patched it in...

thermos
replies: 265 views: 48,471
engmix 4 days ago

Hi, I am in the market for a new mastering EQ and the Bettermaker EQ 232P MKII cought my eye. I own a TK-Lizer, SSL BC,...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 19 views: 1,290
01010110 5 days ago

hi all, just picked up a racked pair of dorrough 40-A2s for 50$ at guitar center. :) how are these typically used in...

buschfsu
replies: 2 views: 370
buschfsu 5 days ago

Maybe it's time to give this Troubled Ex-Girlfriend one more whirl.

parisminzer
replies: 45 views: 3,361
Jerry Tubb 5 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 396 views: 64,751
Oskari J. 6 days ago

Hello everybody, I searched on Gearslutz and even there are many sampling threads, I couldn't find any answer to this...

soulguitar
replies: 18 views: 966
scraggs 1 week ago

Thinking of demoing this for mastering purposes. Anyone have experience to share? Does it work well on full mixes or better...

Trakworx
replies: 11 views: 1,633
MarsBot 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,139 views: 92,432
robertgeorge 1 week ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 500 views: 44,017
Ardis 1 week ago

Hello. I'm an academic at Macquarie University. My colleagues and I are currently conducting a research project on mastering -...

stevecollinsmq
replies: 23 views: 1,891
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all, I'd like to do some mixing at a reference listening level. I know I have to buy a sound meter ... but what I don't...

jlsgear
replies: 128 views: 37,541
uplift123 1 week ago

Hey experts ;-) I've seen the beta version of the plugin being discussed in here weeks (months?) ago. The final version is out...

DrAudioBot
replies: 527 views: 120,764
db9d9 1 week ago

hey im in need of a new interface and only 2 channels of mastering converters. Rather than buying a separate interface and...

hollo321
replies: 34 views: 6,042
ericmixer 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search