The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 423 views: 121,275
SmoothTone 4 hours ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 37 views: 14,262
GRiFF 2 weeks ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 42,880
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 68,467
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I am new to mastering/ currently mastering an album, and monitoring a lot of my favorite tracks for reference, and I have noticed...

Dust_bunnie
replies: 7 views: 418
SmoothTone 3 hours ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 122 views: 17,669
SmoothTone 3 hours ago

I've got a bit of a conundrum. I've mastered the "regular" (or "radio") mix of a song to -14 LUFS. However,...

Glo
replies: 2 views: 105
SmoothTone 5 hours ago

I'm looking for a mastering dedicated DAW for Windows. Has anybody here used all 3 of these? What are some things you like about...

Barncore
replies: 90 views: 12,364
haberdasher 9 hours ago

We all know about the loudness war, the opportunity to create more dynamic mixes. Today I've analyzed the opening track of the...

Batpro
replies: 46 views: 2,838
AfterViewer 10 hours ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 376 views: 68,847
Phosphenetre 13 hours ago

Hi all, Getting references from clients is like trying to get blood from a stone sometimes. You ask for them fr references...

ralphonz
replies: 13 views: 600
Trakworx 13 hours ago

Hey fellow Mastering Engineer, here's something new for you :) 1951 Mastering...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 62 views: 7,203
AudiotalesDesign 18 hours ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 190 views: 26,356
B.Collins 21 hours ago

Hi. I think I'm finally done with Soundblade HD. Been a user for years and it's just too flaky to use. So many little things...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 54 views: 3,943
cohler 1 day ago

Thinking of switching to wavelab 10. I’ve been using Soundblade HD for years but am concerned about the future of using...

neufeldjon
replies: 57 views: 3,831
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

OK so I do my own masters and usually don't have much difficulty, however with this particular song I noticed I have a big dip in...

ScottBrio
replies: 11 views: 496
James Lehmann 1 day ago

Hello everyone, How MID/SIDE encodes or decodes is widely covered. If the MID is the SUM of L and R, anything that is hard...

NadMk
replies: 23 views: 2,922
busty_audio 1 day ago

Hi there. I am looking for something analog to split my stereo mixdown into M/S like the SPL MS Master. Is there any other? Do...

Studiochef
replies: 63 views: 19,710
B.Collins 1 day ago

Anyone tried this yet? https://tkaudio.se/portfolio-items/tk-lizer-2/ Looks great, especially the new HPF frequencies combined...

Conundra
replies: 6 views: 2,340
hool15 1 day ago

Some months ago I got a phone call from a guy in the US encouraging me to try a new type of audio processing called FiDef....

Chris Bauer
replies: 25 views: 3,250
Simon Morrison 2 days ago

Hi guys, I am currently checking what you guys are using as your second pair of monitors. I know many are using...

knightfal
replies: 15 views: 777
TonStrom 2 days ago

Hello and -help!- to all TC M6000 Users! --EDIT: detailed descrition in #8 below Since yesterday i can not load old scenes...

joemeek
replies: 10 views: 1,928
kosmokrator 2 days ago

Anyone use the MEP-250EX (with modifications for gain range) as their main mastering EQ? I have been on quite the long search...

Boxtone
replies: 38 views: 5,632
Jerry Tubb 2 days ago

Edit: Hippocratic Mastering was correct. An old 320kbps rip was responsible for the cutoff at 16k.

snave
replies: 1 views: 227
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 2 days ago

Our older DAC has become problematic. I would like to get a new or used DAC for under $500. It should have an AES XLR digital...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 29 views: 1,230
johannburkard 3 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,326 views: 175,603
AreYouHuman 4 days ago

which eq?? Gyraf XIV or SPL PassEq...as an main EQ ?? Hardware only...

capullo
replies: 25 views: 6,184
hool15 5 days ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 152 views: 24,048
cmwolf 5 days ago

Any thoughts on this unit? There is very little info on any thread........

nomatic
replies: 36 views: 6,791
masteringworks 5 days ago

The Role of Clipping in Audio Mastering - YouTube Watching that video makes me wondered about what is the real difference...

ertugrulgul
replies: 9 views: 742
FabienTDR 6 days ago

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for software EQ that is incredibly transparent. I have worked with a Sontec Hardware EQ and...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 56 views: 5,032
bleep 6 days ago

Can some please explain the unique situation when the converter can still be clipped due to the square shaping of the digital bit...

chazmar
replies: 5 views: 406
Trakworx 6 days ago

From Terry Manning at PRW I don't yet know the full extent of things, but apparently ALL of Capitol Mastering employees were let...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 24 views: 1,717
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

hi guys, i'm using reaper since some months for all my masters since i really like the workflow. since most album masters...

karumba
replies: 62 views: 12,753
Surbitone 1 week ago

Hello, Who is using worldclock with crookwood converters ? I have serious sync problems beyond 48Khz if i activated more than 1...

Cassar Audio Lab
replies: 0 views: 236
Cassar Audio Lab 1 week ago

I'm looking for some input on the best way to handle this scenario. I am mastering a compilation, and I just received the mixes....

amildiaz
replies: 5 views: 427
Stereo Flux 1 week ago

I just started uploading my music to Spotify and noticed some strange stuff. I make rap music and push the hell out of my...

Obe1
replies: 19 views: 1,016
kirito 1 week ago

Hi all, I master a lot of soundtrack and classical type music which is sometimes insanely dynamic, for example I've recently...

GarlicJimmy
replies: 8 views: 437
Riccardo 1 week ago

Ok, we've had the STC-8 tips n tricks thread, which I found pretty interesting, especially for such a "deep" box. So...

Thor
replies: 170 views: 89,536
Jesse Skeens 1 week ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 744 views: 64,703
jontornblom 1 week ago

I've been waiting for such a plugin to exist.. I'm demoing it and it really does exactly what it should. a very powerful tool...

TanTan
replies: 22 views: 10,075
ardis 1 week ago

Aah the good old monitor controller dilemma. The feature set of both Crookwood (C1-4AX) and Imperium (2u) is quite different, so...

Emanuel23
replies: 27 views: 4,959
bassie12 1 week ago

Anyone tried this? Really impressive. Not a full digital mastering EQ by any stretch, lacks a few vital tools...

Joe_caithness
replies: 31 views: 8,014
crystalmsc 1 week ago

I am listening to the new McCartney III on Spotify. No Loudness compensation active. I am hearing the limiter (not Spotify)...

Raaphorst
replies: 147 views: 9,839
bgrotto 1 week ago

I just notice something about the MM1. They say the following information about the plug in. The same algorithm is also...

Jason rocks
replies: 9 views: 2,942
userb420 1 week ago

With the rise of home studios and project studios it seems to be happening more and more that clients decide to revise a mix...

Trakworx
replies: 68 views: 7,313
Trakworx 1 week ago

has anyone had a chance to audition the new dirac plugin solution yet? i imagine someone with a first-hand experience with a...

snapmastering
replies: 12 views: 2,148
JGM 1 week ago

For Mastering Purposes: I have a limited budget (6-8k) to get myself a nice Analog EQ and compressor used EQ: I'm thinking...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 55 views: 7,357
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

When I learned about this unit I thought this forum would pick it up fast! Doesnt seem to have happened yet dispite it's being...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 82 views: 30,752
bigbaby987 1 week ago

Anybody heard of this? I've been providing a mostly spoken word radio show for a local church for several years now, and have...

seanmccoy
replies: 6 views: 592
seanmccoy 1 week ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 53 views: 9,110
ashmundo 1 week ago

I did't see this exact topic discussed so if i missed it, please direct me. I have several finished masters at 24/96 which I...

Indian Hills
replies: 12 views: 517
DAH 1 week ago

I've read through all the sites, and there are so many great options out there. Here is my situation. I currently have: -Focal...

SDB_12
replies: 8 views: 588
Trakworx 2 weeks ago

Ive decided to make my own console using some of Wayne Kirkwood's modules. With exception of the MS and Elliptical circuits...

Robb Robinson
replies: 113 views: 8,285
Greg Reierson 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search