The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 222 views: 59,696
Trakworx 1 week ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 26 views: 7,145
vsthalion 25th February 2020

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 38,108
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 64,033
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 309 views: 75,719
jpanderson80 1 minute ago

Hi, I am looking for a good stereo mastering EQ to complement my Tegeler Audio EQP-1 for EDM and Techno mastering duties,...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 9 views: 411
biksonije 1 hour ago

So been looking at limiters like Elevate that have a clipper stage. Problem is I don't like it on anything at any ratio. Yes you...

Carl Freeland
replies: 17 views: 1,332
Stereo Flux 2 hours ago

Okay, don't kill me with this (dumb) question. I'm not a professional, so I don't really need a true mastering process. I just...

mininoyz
replies: 3 views: 163
Justin P. 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 361 views: 49,546
blaugruen7 4 hours ago

I'd like to try and get a picture of how many and which mastering houses/studios offer the Neumann DMM service. I know about...

wheatus
replies: 31 views: 8,643
DAH 7 hours ago

Revive Audio has, according to them, designed and built a Mastering Eq. Some of the specs look impressive. I don't think it's a...

engmix
replies: 5 views: 505
Joe_caithness 13 hours ago

On a couple of audiophile forums that I browse, I’ve recommended to some users who are curious if a “HiFi system is worth it...

Franco
replies: 16 views: 1,932
MASSIVE Master 18 hours ago

Hi, was bouncing out several finished takes and used some empty clips to get silence before each take. I checked the files and...

Sir Hannes
replies: 0 views: 163
Sir Hannes 1 day ago

the api 5500 is a great EQ to have in the rack, but unfortunately he has a hum issue which comes from the magnetic field of the...

karumba
replies: 40 views: 6,655
audiomaster 1 day ago

Just took Streaky's 3 Step Mastering Tutorial for a laugh. It lasted roughly an hour and he spent maybe 20 minutes on his 3...

profvonsok
replies: 25 views: 1,785
Pete Lyman 1 day ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 148 views: 41,013
BataG 1 day ago

Hello, does anyone know to whom to contact at Apple for being a MFiT approved engineer? Thanks...

LBuyuk
replies: 5 views: 1,100
Simon Morrison 1 day ago

Can anyone recommend a hardware equivalent of Stillwell's Event Horizon plugin. I'm sure better mixing skills would take away the...

ahlist
replies: 11 views: 3,767
illsoulprod 1 day ago

How are you MEs faring in this economic environment? I'm here in San Francisco where we've been on "shelter in place"...

Trakworx
replies: 43 views: 3,095
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

I have a small studio where I do a wide range of low-budget projects. I always advise my clients to get their project mastered...

nightchef
replies: 5 views: 435
nightchef 2 days ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 30 views: 1,968
scraggs 2 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,046 views: 115,636
gonzalo1004es 2 days ago

Fellow Gearslutz Members, Greetings of the day ! Can anyone guide me on how Brian Big Bass Gardner, ex engineer at Bernie...

darkalex
replies: 30 views: 4,584
Saxnscratch 2 days ago

In Wavelab when taking a song and converting it to a MP3, it appears the VBR encoding option pops up automatically when you go to...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 8 views: 539
Adam Dempsey 2 days ago

Silly question but I couldn't find it anywhere. Is an analog limiter or clipper true peak as it's created in the analog...

Nikola_Tesla
replies: 23 views: 1,048
Alexey Lukin 2 days ago

How do you convince your clients to listen to their audio files before sending to mastering? This is happening to me too often...

Trakworx
replies: 22 views: 641
Trakworx 3 days ago

I have a client who keeps sending me the same file which I cannot open. It is from a website called "ready 2 wave". It...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 251
loujudson 3 days ago

Hey guys, I was hoping somebody could help me. I've been getting an album prepared to upload to Spotify. Getting the...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 5 views: 445
macc 3 days ago

Hi Im looking for a alternative “closed back” headphone to cross reference mixes and for personal use. Something with a...

beatlover
replies: 3 views: 381
beatlover 3 days ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 167 views: 17,079
Razik 4 days ago

I just bounced a song in Wavelab with the ALAC setting choosing the ITunes + setting. I emailed it to myself on my and the...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1 views: 255
Adam Dempsey 4 days ago

PLEASE help me out! I put heart and soul into recording and mixing a project that has "personal" written ALL over...

ScottTunes
replies: 63 views: 3,793
Tony Pelosi 4 days ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 160 views: 35,354
ardis 5 days ago

If someone has a free hour to watch youtube kfhkh. From today. v2Wisf0MXZM

sakamoto
replies: 0 views: 379
sakamoto 5 days ago

I am pre-mastering an electronic track, competitive not squashed, at the loudest part the limiter hits peaks down to -5dB (kick,...

Sir Hannes
replies: 12 views: 601
BOMI 5 days ago

I've been demoing this one for the last few hours. You can do some pretty deep processing with it on program material. Have any...

engmix
replies: 228 views: 46,260
David Carlyon 5 days ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,265 views: 157,579
funka 6 days ago

Hello! I'm looking for a good quality stereo converter for homeuse / on the road to make updates. I do master in good studio...

mcferrison
replies: 20 views: 1,406
cjogo 6 days ago

Hey guys Whats the best frequenzy analyzer out there for mastering and mixing? what do you guys use and why? I´m looking for...

pete
replies: 28 views: 22,590
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Just to be clear, not talking about the original vitalizer, MK2 or Tube Vitalizer, but solely the 9530 Mastering Vitalizer, as it...

Analogue Mastering
replies: 21 views: 10,554
Switchcraft 1 week ago

Hi Who do guys trust (techs) to work on audio stuff? power supply, mods, custom works, etc...ideally located in the US.

SStudio
replies: 0 views: 254
SStudio 1 week ago

Hello everyone. I have a quick question about using dither. I just completed transferring a vinyl album I performed on in...

SparkyCanada
replies: 31 views: 1,307
DanArt 1 week ago

Hi guys, I was listening to some tracks and looking at goniometer readings. Many of my favourite recordings are very wide, but...

rosewood123
replies: 11 views: 715
Bushman 1 week ago

So due to Covid-19 I'm going to be spending some time mixing / mastering some music on headphones (AudioTechnica M50X) and have...

motomotomoto
replies: 12 views: 1,361
sm5 1 week ago

I'm in the midst of deciding between either.. Does anyone have experiences with both?

qkrzazzang
replies: 24 views: 2,602
sm5 1 week ago

Commercial mixes just have that zing. That tightness. That wholeness, the oneness. Its like everything is exactly where it should...

Elian20
replies: 11 views: 1,085
thehightenor 1 week ago

Hi I am interested in know the difference between these great equalizers, maybe there isn`t anybody that test both, but I would...

Portubong
replies: 83 views: 23,729
Mootiv 1 week ago

In the past normally after I did a Cubase mixdown of a project I would use the wave stats plug-in in Audacity to measure the...

danika
replies: 5 views: 441
msmucr 1 week ago

If anyone has more measurements/reviews/internal pictures of some mastering converters or the main chips they use or even measure...

sm5
replies: 0 views: 196
sm5 1 week ago

Hey engineers - been listening to Knxwledge a lot lately, and really dig the sonics on his new album...

dewaldian
replies: 0 views: 318
dewaldian 1 week ago

Hello all, I just uploaded this track to Audius platform and a bunch of weird artifacts appeared. They are mainly next to the...

DubFul
replies: 1 views: 430
Philbo King 1 week ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 211 views: 54,293
Artcutech 1 week ago

Hi - I've just received two mastered DDPs for a double album I've made. I've worked with this mastering engineer twice before and...

Grumblepig
replies: 13 views: 1,013
Grumblepig 1 week ago

Hello, I've recently had a couple bands ask for hidden tracks after not having the request in many years. I'm now using DSP...

Chris Hesse
replies: 0 views: 309
Chris Hesse 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search