The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Mastering forum

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 21 views: 8,738
lucey 24th January 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

replies: 17 views: 17,726
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

replies: 0 views: 24,475
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

replies: 0 views: 50,599
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

replies: 15 views: 3,108
Ladderwalker86 2 minutes ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

replies: 814 views: 104,505
Ladderwalker86 9 minutes ago

Hi, I am in the market for a new mastering EQ and the Bettermaker EQ 232P MKII cought my eye. I own a TK-Lizer, SSL BC,...

replies: 6 views: 436
loji 1 hour ago

I have put this in various different threads over the last few years but thought it deserved its own space as quite a few people...

Hermetech Mastering
replies: 13 views: 530
msmucr 3 hours ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

replies: 285 views: 54,760
Karloff70 4 hours ago

Hi folks, When I work a 96khz session on Samp Or Sequoia the Visualizers show a very different weight on frequencies than at...

replies: 5 views: 339
Miles Flint 5 hours ago

I think choosing one can be a challenge as there are different EQs for different purposes. 1. For a clean EQ to just adjust...

Jason rocks
replies: 45 views: 2,553
dogoftears 5 hours ago

Fellow GS forum member FabienTDR brought this unit to my attention in another thread but I figured it deserves its own thread as...

replies: 142 views: 12,444
tarsonis 7 hours ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

replies: 349 views: 26,014
b0se 8 hours ago

Say Good night, Gracie Are CDs Dead? Best Buy To Stop Selling CDs Soon And Target May Follow | The Source

John Moran
replies: 62 views: 2,760
drichard 16 hours ago

Edit : after comments, here is the corrected mix : Pre-master. (Original version here) Here is a song I've just created for...

replies: 23 views: 1,227
MogwaiBoy 21 hours ago

I'd like to try and get a picture of how many and which mastering houses/studios offer the Neumann DMM service. I know about...

replies: 28 views: 6,881
lucey 22 hours ago

I've been thinking about business names lately. Mine (Smoothtone) was just the first thing that came to my mind when I was...

replies: 16 views: 643
Paul Gold 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

replies: 17 views: 932
Ain't Nobody 1 day ago

I have been doing some listening tests lately using Sound Gym through Sennheiser HD280Pro headphones and have found it difficult...

replies: 9 views: 748
Nonlinear 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been wondering. Would you have any tips to get the bass level right when mastering? I mean the lowest lows which...

replies: 24 views: 1,592
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

I just notice something about the MM1. They say the following information about the plug in. The same algorithm is also...

Jason rocks
replies: 7 views: 701
Glenn Bucci 1 day ago

Hi there! I am looking to rename a bunch of .wav files using their description metadata. Ive found a piece of software that...

replies: 3 views: 415
SmoothTone 2 days ago

Hello guys, I discovered this new brand, (UTA) Under Tone Audio, making a replica of the legendary Fairchild 670. here is the...

BT Mastering
replies: 6 views: 4,383
Tadaki 2 days ago

Instead of "perfectly flat, uncolored" studio monitors like Adams, Focals, Barefoots, etc., it is more common to see...

replies: 88 views: 4,033
Jim Williams 2 days ago

Lynx Hilo user here. Looking to add some Crane Song goodness to the rig, was curious which setup you would...

replies: 3 views: 441
Justin P. 3 days ago

Sonnox announced that starting tomorrow all plugs are 50% off. So I demoed the upgraded G5 Brick Wall Limiter. I compared it to...

replies: 71 views: 8,550
Hermetech Mastering 3 days ago

I'm in the market for a Vari Mu. I'm interested to know if anyone has had the opportunity to demo this unit and A/B it against...

replies: 104 views: 17,525
Deckdaddy 3 days ago

Hi folks! thats my first topic, can you believe it?? I know these two converters are not "top notch" ultra high...

replies: 16 views: 1,621
honjr 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Cue Zephyr 3 days ago

I've been demoing this one for the last few hours. You can do some pretty deep processing with it on program material. Have any...

replies: 151 views: 17,146
Ardis 4 days ago

TLDR: Anamod ATS-1 VS FATSO files. Been wanting to do something like this for a while now. Its 3 am and I have insomnia...

replies: 8 views: 710
Giuseppe Zaccaria 4 days ago

seems like no matter how many new limiter or maximizers come out nothing can beat L3. whenever I try / demo any other plugin...

replies: 58 views: 11,803
bmanic 4 days ago

Have been asked to sit on a panel to discuss MQA Oct 7th. Please help me out with links to any info pro or con that would add...

replies: 465 views: 28,385
lucey 4 days ago

L3-LL / L3: Ultramaximizer vs Multimaximizer. I read both some say they are both multiband but only multi allows user control...

replies: 6 views: 363
TS-12 5 days ago

merging have a interesting new converter, the "little brother" of horus - hapi Merging Technologies | Hapi Mic Pre...

replies: 153 views: 24,155
Doc Mixwell 5 days ago

Hi, I experience noise: a high pitched note in my converter, and would like to ask if you had this issue, how you solved it? I...

replies: 24 views: 679
Ruairi 5 days ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 103 views: 9,724
Hendyamps 6 days ago

So I'm currently in the process of mastering my EP in ableton live and an important question came to mind. Where should i put my...

replies: 4 views: 501
SmoothTone 1 week ago

there are different tilt-eq-plugins, and if the curves are comparable, they should sound similar - but they don't do IMHO. also...

replies: 46 views: 3,857
JLaPointe 1 week ago

What is the best way to equalize these vocals, meaning the are the same in loudness and one doesn’t seem to far apart from the...

replies: 3 views: 335
Waltz Mastering 1 week ago

Hey everybody my Neve Portico II MBP arrived today, and I’m very pleased. So today I had a lot of time to play with this bad...

replies: 9 views: 817
dhiltonlittle 1 week ago

Does anyone have experience with how the newer upgraded Lynx Aurora (n) line of converters stacks up against the Mytek Digital...

replies: 3 views: 857
esencia 1 week ago

Something new from FCS Based on the P4DMS but made into a ganged stereo mastering unit utilizing a new main board layout. >...

replies: 214 views: 40,958
RogerFoote 1 week ago

I posted a thread over in hi end about a pair of speakers that came in for evaluation three weeks ago that I ended up...

replies: 88 views: 11,233
mensink 1 week ago

Hello there! I'm a music producer / sound engineer, I think I can handle my mixes well and I've had great feedback on them...

replies: 9 views: 507
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

Did a search and could not find the answer I am using Quattro software for making DDPs what are the illegal characters in...

replies: 12 views: 662
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

replies: 25 views: 3,328
macc 1 week ago

Aah the good old monitor controller dilemma. The feature set of both Crookwood (C1-4AX) and Imperium (2u) is quite different, so...

replies: 20 views: 1,479
2400audio 1 week ago

Hey all, Just got one of these a few weeks ago, have it strapped after my ltd2s as a finishing eq and gotta say its pretty...

Will Broduer
replies: 160 views: 18,966
nomatic 1 week ago

can you recognize this software : ...

replies: 6 views: 687
mastertone 1 week ago

Hey guys Just fooling around with the new FabFilter Pro-L 2. Here are some of my findings and I'd love for other people to...

replies: 25 views: 3,843
Presocratic 1 week ago

Hi, I have just downloaded and installed the new free plug in from Elysia, It is the Niveau Filter section from the mpressor....

replies: 18 views: 7,285
SmoothTone 1 week ago

I'm dreaming right now... DMG Equilibrium on a DSP card (like UAD) + Hardware controller (like this YouTube ) = Heaven :)...

replies: 14 views: 1,434
01010110 1 week ago

Here we go again. I’ve sent a project to another guy to mix. He mixes into a buss comp on his master fader, and follows...

Dave Polich
replies: 16 views: 885
clearwave 1 week ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search