The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 220 views: 57,392
tofermusic 2 days ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 26 views: 6,796
vsthalion 4 weeks ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 37,819
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 63,743
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hi I am interested in know the difference between these great equalizers, maybe there isn`t anybody that test both, but I would...

Portubong
replies: 83 views: 23,336
Mootiv 46 minutes ago

Commercial mixes just have that zing. That tightness. That wholeness, the oneness. Its like everything is exactly where it should...

Elian20
replies: 8 views: 656
Adam Dempsey 4 hours ago

Hi guys, I was listening to some tracks and looking at goniometer readings. Many of my favourite recordings are very wide, but...

rosewood123
replies: 1 views: 138
scraggs 4 hours ago

Silly question but I couldn't find it anywhere. Is an analog limiter or clipper true peak as it's created in the analog...

Nikola_Tesla
replies: 17 views: 395
12ax7 6 hours ago

PLEASE help me out! I put heart and soul into recording and mixing a project that has "personal" written ALL over...

ScottTunes
replies: 38 views: 1,553
Eric Stravinsky 6 hours ago

In the past normally after I did a Cubase mixdown of a project I would use the wave stats plug-in in Audacity to measure the...

danika
replies: 5 views: 259
msmucr 9 hours ago

Hello everyone. I have a quick question about using dither. I just completed transferring a vinyl album I performed on in...

SparkyCanada
replies: 30 views: 1,009
S_mask 9 hours ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 154 views: 33,795
MogwaiBoy 12 hours ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 150 views: 15,606
Razik 20 hours ago

Just took Streaky's 3 Step Mastering Tutorial for a laugh. It lasted roughly an hour and he spent maybe 20 minutes on his 3...

profvonsok
replies: 18 views: 797
ajscent 20 hours ago

Hey guys Whats the best frequenzy analyzer out there for mastering and mixing? what do you guys use and why? I´m looking for...

pete
replies: 25 views: 22,184
biksonije 1 day ago

Hey engineers - been listening to Knxwledge a lot lately, and really dig the sonics on his new album...

dewaldian
replies: 0 views: 178
dewaldian 1 day ago

Hello all, I just uploaded this track to Audius platform and a bunch of weird artifacts appeared. They are mainly next to the...

DubFul
replies: 1 views: 311
Philbo King 1 day ago

I've been demoing this one for the last few hours. You can do some pretty deep processing with it on program material. Have any...

engmix
replies: 227 views: 45,634
TonStrom 1 day ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 211 views: 53,307
Artcutech 1 day ago

Fellow Gearslutz Members, Greetings of the day ! Can anyone guide me on how Brian Big Bass Gardner, ex engineer at Bernie...

darkalex
replies: 28 views: 3,999
erickgc182 1 day ago

So due to Covid-19 I'm going to be spending some time mixing / mastering some music on headphones (AudioTechnica M50X) and have...

motomotomoto
replies: 11 views: 1,108
ajscent 2 days ago

Hi - I've just received two mastered DDPs for a double album I've made. I've worked with this mastering engineer twice before and...

Grumblepig
replies: 13 views: 905
Grumblepig 2 days ago

Hello, I've recently had a couple bands ask for hidden tracks after not having the request in many years. I'm now using DSP...

Chris Hesse
replies: 0 views: 199
Chris Hesse 2 days ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 126 views: 14,820
RogerFoote 2 days ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 641 views: 97,616
Jesse Skeens 2 days ago

Hi all I just watched a video from streaky where he talks about preferring to add eq when mastering- Im no pro mastering...

The Sonic Lodge
replies: 11 views: 1,650
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 3 days ago

Hey fellas. In my hobby time tonight I have to do a quick master and I'd like any feedback on techniques for sweetening the...

traumerei1838
replies: 20 views: 5,212
Jerry Tubb 3 days ago

Has anyone found use for one of these equalizers on the mix? Someone is selling a 4001 series and a 4300 series locally. I know...

Seditionary
replies: 27 views: 9,995
Jerry Tubb 3 days ago

How are you MEs faring in this economic environment? I'm here in San Francisco where we've been on "shelter in place"...

Trakworx
replies: 31 views: 1,982
Jerry Tubb 3 days ago

the api 5500 is a great EQ to have in the rack, but unfortunately he has a hum issue which comes from the magnetic field of the...

karumba
replies: 37 views: 6,317
audiomaster 5 days ago

Hey everybody ! I'm considering adding a (hardware!) unit to my hybrid mastering toolbox for colouring / saturation / fattening...

Uli Auer
replies: 20 views: 1,865
Uli Auer 5 days ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 30 views: 14,426
Mannymac 6 days ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 80 views: 9,531
ripripstabstab 1 week ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 143 views: 39,840
engmix 1 week ago

just got a BlackBox HG2 . I put it on a my master before the limiter . Here are the files with/without the BBox...

EmilEchal
replies: 25 views: 2,405
scraggs 1 week ago

Quick question Does the "width knob" on Abbey Road's mastering consoles work as an M-S control (decreasing the knob...

matt thomas
replies: 263 views: 45,889
Mr. Tom 1 week ago

I saw an add for Meter Plugs Loudness Penalty, I've seen a handful of products like this but never used any. What's attractive to...

JDN
replies: 30 views: 2,777
RJHollins 1 week ago

I've been asked by a student about to submit his PhD what format his supporting audio CD's (he's an instrumental/composition...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 502
ccg 1 week ago

I am not experienced with side-chan and as I ordered a Portico II I would like to get some comments and tips to ease the learning...

DanTheMan06
replies: 6 views: 640
John Moran 1 week ago

who is using the Dangerous AD+ here? couldn't find much user experience here on gearslutz, especially in the mastering...

valeot
replies: 19 views: 4,140
valeot 1 week ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Anyone know an easy way to do this? I have a client who is using a pressing plant that will only accept these formats for short...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 13 views: 816
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

Trying to sound loudest in a normalized playlist. Is that becoming the next loudness war? Even though streaming loudness...

Trakworx
replies: 49 views: 3,448
12ax7 1 week ago

Another great video from Dan Worrall proving that bigger is not always better. https://youtu.be/-jCwIsT0X8M

SmoothTone
replies: 17 views: 1,425
S_mask 1 week ago

And here we are... Can't seem to find modern furniture for mastering rooms Stuff that look like the pic attached I only find...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 5 views: 859
TanTan 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 357 views: 48,579
Simon Morrison 1 week ago

Hi, I was listening to Zedd's album, and the mastering is amazing on it. Any idea how to achieve that kind of vibe? Many...

Chris Lago
replies: 20 views: 11,199
Eric Stravinsky 2 weeks ago

Who started the loudness war? What started the loudness war? When did it start? How did it start? Why did it start?

boombapdame
replies: 9 views: 620
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I was just about to splash (a lot) of cash on a Sterling Modular Plan A desk. Quite expensive in the UK and a long...

audiomaster
replies: 56 views: 9,790
matucha 2 weeks ago

Hi i am not sure this is the right forum. Apologies if not. I am looking at ways at getting clients their mix and masters from...

ktwalker76
replies: 2 views: 470
scraggs 2 weeks ago

Hi, Im wondering if anyone here uses parallel eq? More so, Im wondering if anyone makes their own parallel eq set ups in a DAW...

yackovich
replies: 38 views: 10,849
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 weeks ago

on youtube i saw on the channel produce like a pro with warren huart and warren sokol mastering engineer a interesting...

ZpCorner
replies: 7 views: 2,456
S_mask 2 weeks ago

Dear Gearslutz, Do you think the Merging Anubis (Pro Version) could be a good contender / alternative to the Lynx Hilo ?...

mmn
replies: 20 views: 3,687
macc 2 weeks ago

Youtube standard is -13 LUFS w/ -1dB TP Itunes -16 LUFS w/-0.1dB TP ________________________ I analyze on...

toofanstudio
replies: 24 views: 3,905
psycho_monkey 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I have been given mastered WAVs of a bands album and I have been asked to add some atmospheric noise into the last 10...

bbk
replies: 15 views: 3,423
triangletrev 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search