The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 92 views: 19,904
Paul_G 1 week ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 29 views: 21,301
KStC 4th July 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 32,503
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 58,530
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hello everyone I’m just gonna make x2 Masterings, one is for a CD and the other for a Vinyl. I did not do a mastering vinyl...

Midas
replies: 5 views: 472
pmcee 7 minutes ago

Hi guys I want to try the sidechain insert on the OCL-2 and I'm not sure what kind of cable to use. Let's say I take the output...

SStudio
replies: 6 views: 385
John Moran 1 hour ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 34 views: 3,730
ripripstabstab 3 hours ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 29 views: 8,248
NM.64 4 hours ago
replies: 11 views: 1,270
Trakworx 7 hours ago

Hey, I have some questions to you mastering pros. I got a master back from a pro mastering company and I have two questions....

frabo
replies: 14 views: 1,561
Deptronic 8 hours ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 69 views: 9,668
gyraf 9 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for a great AES/EBU soundcard to go with my mac pro 5.1 The Lynx AES16 is still the one to get or there's better...

KIDBILL
replies: 27 views: 4,499
huub 11 hours ago

Is any of you doing mastering in a small room with low ceiling? (7ft) Is it doable in such a small room or is it a complete no...

Alphavoyager
replies: 29 views: 1,340
lowland 17 hours ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 115 views: 19,687
greggybud 22 hours ago

hello! what is your favourite mastering EQ (hardware only) for hi mids boosts as well as for high boosts? thank you vlado

[email protected]
replies: 31 views: 3,713
Earcatcher 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz, I wonder if you have any recommendations for a 36U mastering desk where the units are split into 3 columns of...

Iron Octopus
replies: 4 views: 610
BadYodeler 2 days ago

Hey there, Has anyone had a play with the Tokyo Dawn DeEdger? I just used it on a project where the vocalist had used 2...

Channel time
replies: 121 views: 18,668
BrainCheck123 2 days ago

Hi guys, I was just about to splash (a lot) of cash on a Sterling Modular Plan A desk. Quite expensive in the UK and a long...

audiomaster
replies: 31 views: 6,192
matucha 2 days ago

Is anyone in the Northern Ohio area on this list capable of transferring a 1/2" four channel tape to digital file? This is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 557
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 190 views: 21,641
ruby06 3 days ago

I post this here because Prism Sound Lyra 2 is considered a mastering interface in the magazines and selling sites. Here i...

ilias
replies: 11 views: 2,464
j.frad 3 days ago

I like to keep as little in line as possible but am currently limited to my single speaker pair for monitoring and my headphone...

brijem
replies: 72 views: 10,884
RogerFoote 3 days ago

Hey Guys Just throwing in this question... does anybody still offering CD masters these days? I am wondering on...

mitec1602
replies: 39 views: 2,488
Jerry Tubb 3 days ago

Ive moved temporary to small room and my main monitors are just to big. Im also electronic music producer And need to work now in...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 1 views: 684
Luke Skywalker 3 days ago

Does anybody of my dear colleagues use an adjustable high-pass filter with selectable Q and frequency? Analog and good quality...

cemski
replies: 11 views: 1,285
Labs 4 days ago

Hi, all! I know these kinds of threads pop up a lot from newbies, but I'm really hopping for some advice. Has anyone had...

tgbeats
replies: 4 views: 677
Jim Williams 5 days ago

Is there anything now for embedding meta data onto wav files like song title, artist, ISRC code etc. I know you can embed this...

Musiclab
replies: 9 views: 881
miguelmarques 5 days ago

Iv tried it in the High End forum with no luck. Are There any Vintage EQs from the 70s and 80s except ITI/Sontec you can use...

Michael_
replies: 45 views: 4,552
S_mask 5 days ago

Dear sluz need some advice. At the moment I own a uad apollo twin mkII quad. I have been getting more and more mastering jobs...

bari_floydian
replies: 3 views: 570
bcgood 5 days ago

I have a client that want to do a compilation from some songs I have done in the past, he give me a cd that contain that...

Tachy
replies: 7 views: 886
GYMusic 5 days ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 114 views: 31,613
kant3r 6 days ago

Anyone using a Lucid 88192 or similar 'extension' multi-channel ADC/DAC in your setup? I picked one up for cheap but won't have...

brijem
replies: 1 views: 567
Franco 1 week ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 787 views: 71,187
Danzemusic 1 week ago

Hello, I was wanting to change interfaces, and was considering the RME ADI 2 PRO. I know unlike some other devices with...

hairbow
replies: 3 views: 721
hairbow 1 week ago

Hey estimated MEs, I'm putting a hybrid mastering setup together and wonder what kinds of workflows people using analog gear...

Uli Auer
replies: 36 views: 2,013
Apostolos Siopis 1 week ago

I'm really proud of a new chain I have been using. Engineer Filter Waves V-Comp Waves C4 Izotope Ozone 8...

lastcall
replies: 39 views: 6,341
neilvg 1 week ago

Hello everyone - A stupid question perhaps. I am mastering a track in PT at 24/96 (Wav) and bounced it down to 16/44 MP3 (for...

session bass
replies: 31 views: 1,967
lu432 1 week ago

Is there any benefit of using SFE on MBP as this function can be replaced with any digital eq in M/s mode or may be using vertigo...

amit monga
replies: 1 views: 637
Mootiv 1 week ago

hello, I'm thinking about a great deesser, I really enjoy the maselec MDS-2. But I don't really understand, I see the maselec...

achaiss
replies: 32 views: 8,761
Switchcraft 1 week ago
replies: 26 views: 7,669
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Dear Gearslutz, Do you think the Merging Anubis (Pro Version) could be a good contender / alternative to the Lynx Hilo ?...

mmn
replies: 2 views: 1,006
pentagon 1 week ago

Hi On a mastering A/D converter like the Lavry AD122-96, where does the clipping occur (if you push hard into it) ? At the...

invalidusername
replies: 11 views: 1,296
Ben F 1 week ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 117 views: 12,151
RogerFoote 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 300 views: 34,476
elgee 1 week ago

Who use cranesong stc in the chain only for gain staging and tone of gain? Confused to sell it or not.

amit monga
replies: 3 views: 836
engmix 2 weeks ago

Anyone tried this? Really impressive. Not a full digital mastering EQ by any stretch, lacks a few vital tools...

Joe_caithness
replies: 23 views: 5,614
mixerguy 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I want to know if people would like to help start a list here of Mastering Studios which accept DSD format. I recently...

boriscrispin
replies: 11 views: 1,301
PuebloAudio 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 30 views: 2,591
BOMI 2 weeks ago

i could buy a emm labs adc 8 for a good price. are they still state of the art? can someone tell me how they sound compared...

teebaum
replies: 29 views: 4,954
GIACOMO-_ 2 weeks ago

Can anyone tell me what causes the weird noise heard in the attached sample? A client of mine has rejected 3 test pressings...

Trakworx
replies: 79 views: 8,170
AHM 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, anybody using these two who could share insights of their character and versatility in comparison ? I'm...

Uli Auer
replies: 6 views: 1,165
Miles Flint 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, Just wanted to get some pro’s thoughts on parallel processing in the mastering stage, I’m interested in...

Truthtrader
replies: 8 views: 1,174
Truthtrader 2 weeks ago

this reads fantastic on paper. 3 transformers and 4 tubes per channel, various types of compression modes, controllable from...

karumba
replies: 35 views: 6,934
ucanhatemenow 2 weeks ago

From the Sonic website: Sonic Studio Pro Started in 1987 Sonic Solutions and the Sonic Studio audio workstation have driven...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 6 views: 1,032
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search