The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 43 views: 7,615
Trakworx 3 days ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 18,401
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 30,578
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 56,639
Riccardo 11th October 2007

hello, what is your approach in mastering/levelling quiet verses to loud choruses? thanks v

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 1
[email protected] 3 minutes ago

Can AI replace music mastering engineers? - The Verge This was in my newsfeed. Just wanted to share.

robert82
replies: 50 views: 2,978
BIG BUDDHA 18 minutes ago

I just bought the Portico ii MBP and I have my first massive passive coming in the mail on the way to me. I plan on having these...

vaesion
replies: 0 views: 50
vaesion 2 hours ago

This is a difficult subject to breach -- and is very likely to open up a bit of controversy. I am speaking about the actual...

John Dyson
replies: 29 views: 798
Adam Dempsey 7 hours ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 66 views: 19,463
bcgood 8 hours ago

As far as I know there is only one person who cuts lacquers in the entire San Francisco Bay Area. George Horn is a legend and I...

Trakworx
replies: 62 views: 2,040
Bob Olhsson 10 hours ago

hi, I have SSL Fusion and i love its sound.. will adding a dangerous music BAX EQ to my chain be considered unwise as i already...

mnawara
replies: 11 views: 779
Slug1 11 hours ago

Doesn't seem to be much recent discussion regarding Sadie systems/software even since their release of native ver. 6. Sounds...

dropd9
replies: 29 views: 8,929
Geoff Poulton 16 hours ago

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask the question... Did anyone of you have a chance to directly compare Trinnov and...

robertszydlo
replies: 5 views: 548
kosmokrator 17 hours ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 470 views: 77,600
Giuseppe Zaccaria 1 day ago

Hi All, Been using my RME UCX for mastering conversion and monitoring. I feel like its likely the weakest link in my setup and...

Blavidais
replies: 3 views: 369
Blavidais 1 day ago

Hi all. This is the additional test to the units we testet in this threads: mastering eq comparison test mastering compressor...

teebaum
replies: 37 views: 3,936
Giuseppe Zaccaria 1 day ago

Hi everyone! When you prepare a pop song for a release, and you want to sell the song's mp3 version in online stores, what...

TOG1250
replies: 12 views: 589
Alexey Lukin 1 day ago

So I recently started using Equlibrium. Ive been researching and reading a bit about it and aparently the DMG filters are the...

Kimotei
replies: 18 views: 2,316
lowland 1 day ago

I´m looking to get a Tubecore 3U ME for bus duties and mastering 4x4 music. People say tubes are too slow for EDM but it has...

XAXAU
replies: 0 views: 300
XAXAU 1 day ago

Okay, so how much does hardware vs software compression really matter? Even though I have some okay outboard (COMP-2A, Behringer...

soundmodel
replies: 62 views: 7,447
John Dyson 1 day ago

As the title says, are any mastering engineers on here using the Clarity M? I am interested in freeing up some computer screen...

Switchcraft
replies: 53 views: 9,112
glassmaster 2 days ago

Has anyone here tried search engine optimization for their mastering studio website? Worth it? recommendations? Thanks!

Trakworx
replies: 6 views: 871
Trakworx 2 days ago

I've spent the past couple weeks looking for a definitive answer to a question about bit-depth variation / need for dither when...

brijem
replies: 17 views: 884
brijem 3 days ago

Greetings, I recently completed a mix and bounced it to a single audio file to be mastered. Before bouncing the mix, I slapped a...

gtrmatic
replies: 8 views: 729
gtrmatic 3 days ago

What the heck happend to these facilities? They move? Hank Williams and Ken Love? I mastered an independent project there in...

bobwarren
replies: 10 views: 1,701
dankin 3 days ago

Hey all. I really like the feature set and transparent sound of this compressor (Plugin Alliance version). However, I really...

seanmccoy
replies: 25 views: 1,929
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 3 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 648 views: 49,288
Jerry Tubb 3 days ago

I am looking for a solution to biamp a pair of lipinski 505 on a tight budget. I currently have a nad208 thx that for my ears...

mrc
replies: 24 views: 1,545
philip 3 days ago

Ok ch'all, I realize that these instant mastering sites get a lot of debate, criticism, etc...that's not what this thread is...

SDB_12
replies: 49 views: 3,466
Deleted 7f9cade 4 days ago

Hi guys, I'm primarily a mix engineer but sometimes out of necessity I master for clients who don't have the budget for a...

MatthewGarton
replies: 13 views: 2,286
JLaPointe 4 days ago

Hello, I'm currently recording tracks from vinyl that are sadly not avaiable in digital form. I use a Technics 1210 with a...

thecity
replies: 11 views: 759
msmucr 6 days ago

Hello all Bit of advice needed if anyone can help! I have mastered an album that has gapless transitions between songs. I made...

IMJ
replies: 1 views: 532
Trakworx 6 days ago

I have to send out a demo and I have to do a quick in-house "mastering". I'm suddently unsure about the best way to...

JEK3
replies: 3 views: 451
JEK3 6 days ago

I usually hate these kinds of threads because everything is so subjective, but I think I've narrowed down my next monitor upgrade...

Justin P.
replies: 16 views: 2,736
dinococcus 6 days ago

Hi, First mastering post here. I'm working on more mastering projects lately, while learning the trade, so I'd like to have...

MAXRB
replies: 15 views: 1,228
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 6 days ago

Hi ya'll. Does anyone have any sound samples made with the Gyraf G14 EQ? I have seen a thread here from years back but those...

vile_ator
replies: 6 views: 1,287
Emiliano 1 week ago

Hi! Is it possible upgrade the studer a810 1/4' to 1/2' ? Thanks

rtz
replies: 7 views: 1,565
Andy Le Vien 1 week ago

Im working totally ITB. Music creation, mixing, etc. For some reason my bounce file sounds too "high-ish-high-sheen-ish...

rallycapmusic
replies: 7 views: 540
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 580 views: 35,470
DAH 1 week ago

DMG Audio : Products : Multiplicity Looks like perhaps the dream multiband tool I've been waiting for... Anyone beta-tested...

Trakworx
replies: 169 views: 16,816
mxbf 1 week ago

Getting time to take care of the weakest link in my chain. Summit DCL200 was my first mastering compressor but I have rarely...

dietrich10
replies: 121 views: 24,556
Bigbang 1 week ago

I've been demoing this one for the last few hours. You can do some pretty deep processing with it on program material. Have any...

engmix
replies: 222 views: 34,861
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

Hello guys! I am new posting in this site, although I have been following it for a couple of years now. I am writting to...

maostudios
replies: 11 views: 1,604
biksonije 1 week ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 65 views: 8,286
macc 1 week ago

hello, I'm thinking about a great deesser, I really enjoy the maselec MDS-2. But I don't really understand, I see the maselec...

achaiss
replies: 29 views: 7,766
Justin P. 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 188 views: 20,972
devinkerr 1 week ago

I am supplying a music file to be shown at a festival, the organisers have circulated this spec, I can't decipher it, despite...

tedmanzie
replies: 11 views: 626
tedmanzie 1 week ago

Yesterday I had a visit from the King of Tape, Don Morris. Don is King of Tape in America--head of RMGI America, Recording The...

Plush
replies: 17 views: 3,241
Gravity8058 1 week ago

I need to 1 mastering sound card with with this parameter : 1. +24 dbu in/out or more ... 2. 24 bit / 96 khz 3. just 2...

toofanstudio
replies: 28 views: 2,472
toofanstudio 2 weeks ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but this new extension speaker for the THREE looks insane: Kii THREE &...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 3 views: 1,612
Marando 2 weeks ago

Hello. I'm an academic at Macquarie University. My colleagues and I are currently conducting a research project on mastering -...

stevecollinsmq
replies: 27 views: 3,080
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

Hi! I got the Equilibrium for some time ago and are trying to get into the settings and have a few questions. I loaded the...

Compa
replies: 19 views: 4,185
Saxnscratch 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I own Wavelab 9.5 and love the feature of watch folders. But I need it on the server and with USB dongle it limits my...

emery
replies: 2 views: 438
emery 2 weeks ago

I was going to buy 32 tracks of RND mic pres ( either Shelfords or just simple Portico 5024) but they have the RMP-D8 which would...

neve1064
replies: 0 views: 426
neve1064 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search