The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Voxengo
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 505 views: 106,503
NorthernDirtSounds 1 day ago

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 473 views: 131,184
Sky 2 weeks ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 39 views: 15,954
lowland 28th February 2021

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 83 views: 17,110
AudiotalesDesign 2nd February 2021

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 43,858
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 69,178
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I have this strange problem, that the stereo width of a track gets smaller, when I use outboard equipment. I really tried...

BlueDoorRecords
replies: 8 views: 139
coreyspencer 7 minutes ago

I follow up the Massive pasive Tricks? What about Cranesong STC 8 tricks? Any favorite Preset settings? Do you use the V modes...

masterpool
replies: 62 views: 17,421
OTRM 1 hour ago

I'm curious if anyone has any interesting solutions for a FabFilter Pro-L2 Control Surface? I need it for an otherwise 100%...

Nevemachine
replies: 4 views: 276
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

I'm confused. I've read a lot on that topic, and i'm even more confuse. I hope someone here can help me If the final master...

Frankie.T
replies: 22 views: 998
Greg Reierson 4 hours ago

So, I picked up a couple new reference discs, because they won Grammies for ‘Best Engineered Album,’ and because they’re in...

Resort Records
replies: 102 views: 6,645
IM WHO YOU THINK 4 hours ago

How do you achieve the hard clipped sound of Hip Hop/Pop without actually making stuff sound "choked", for the lack of...

darkalex
replies: 7 views: 274
IM WHO YOU THINK 4 hours ago

So, I know every song is different, but lets just say you've received the perfect mix- everything sounds even and nothing you'd...

ScottBrio
replies: 8 views: 567
Jerry Tubb 9 hours ago

Interested in Overstayer. But which one for mastering? Overstayer Modular Channel Overstayer M-A-S Overstayer NT-02A I'm...

Trakworx
replies: 47 views: 5,008
polybonk 12 hours ago

Not sure where to put this one, but it looks like people posts about Wavelab here, so here goes: I just reinstalled everything...

kuasalogam
replies: 5 views: 478
Nonlinear 16 hours ago

Anyone here that can still transfer DDP on Exabyte? Old archive that needs to be transferred to wav

misjah
replies: 9 views: 339
Joe_caithness 1 day ago

what would it be - and why? I choose: DMG Equilibrium, Multiplicity and Limitless. Super sound and flexibility. Just for...

mcferrison
replies: 39 views: 3,075
nick b 1 day ago

Dear ELDERS OF THE INTERNET, I want to ask the hive mind this question in relation to my MA thesis in Music (your answers maybe...

Stilnox
replies: 29 views: 922
Surbitone 1 day ago

I never thought i would miss it but sometimes I do. I never used the compressor as intended. I have much better compressors, but...

ORC
replies: 93 views: 18,494
AudiotalesDesign 1 day ago

In market for Transparent compressor before my Manley Variable Mu. Both compressors are considered to be Transparent. So whats...

amit monga
replies: 53 views: 7,551
DBarbarulo 1 day ago

Hi guys, I would like to focus the attention on this new design and topology...

Giuseppe Zaccaria
replies: 25 views: 4,884
AudiotalesDesign 1 day ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 369 views: 99,586
FabienTDR 2 days ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 171 views: 41,457
jpanderson80 2 days ago

Hi all! Which mastering compressor do you recommend for under 1K? After mastering ITB for quite some time (I know, I know)...

JimiPeg
replies: 14 views: 834
cmwolf 2 days ago

Hi. I think I'm finally done with Soundblade HD. Been a user for years and it's just too flaky to use. So many little things...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 67 views: 5,546
MrG 3 days ago

Bettermaker Mastering compressor: How does this sound? Which Vca compressor can we compare to this? I have not found a single...

amit monga
replies: 4 views: 761
macc 3 days ago

Hi, Preferably in Europe. I searched the forum but could not find a recent thread. I have this master 1/2 inch tape with 3...

domino
replies: 7 views: 280
domino 3 days ago

Hi guys I’m using some outboard gear to do my final masters, But having problems getting a true left and right balanced...

Yetti
replies: 8 views: 361
Yetti 3 days ago

Hi everyone! FinalCD now supports upsampling, partially (as said on their site it partially upsamples, so I tested only...

Stereo Flux
replies: 0 views: 182
Stereo Flux 3 days ago

I've decided to Get a Manley SLAM and want an additional compressor to use in conjunction or as an alternative. I was wondering...

Kory Baugus
replies: 19 views: 8,735
qslprod 4 days ago

Hi, I just wanted to share something I found that helps for mastering your music for Vinyl using Kunaki's Vinyl service. A bit...

Nick43
replies: 9 views: 373
Joe_caithness 4 days ago

Hi there! I'm searching for a good mid-level mastering speaker and i've got the oppurtunity to try the Proac studio 100...

MarcoPellegrino
replies: 17 views: 6,960
protools 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I have a Mytek 8x192 ADDA which I am using for tracking and feeding my chain. I recently got a Mytek Manhattan...

almaelectronix
replies: 3 views: 220
Greg Reierson 5 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 236 views: 68,664
Jesse Skeens 5 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,343 views: 188,866
Zmago Šmon 5 days ago

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry if it's not. It's not a done deal but I'm thinking about getting a pair of...

matskull
replies: 7 views: 667
Pgsmusic 6 days ago

Hello, I´m planning to test a Lyra in my setup and as I´m not using USB (RME AES +AIO here) and only need 1 stereo line i/o,...

B.Collins
replies: 7 views: 875
da Vinci 6 days ago

I want a nice comp on the bus after my 8200. I'd like something controlling but cool - like a strict teacher but she's hot....

Peakly
replies: 70 views: 11,443
OTRM 6 days ago

How many mastering people here have an Ampex ATR deck? and do you have 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch? I'm getting one for my studio to...

axisdreamer
replies: 69 views: 10,225
GYMusic 1 week ago

Good morning everyone, Before I go any further I am NOT an expert nor a mastering engineer. My point here is not to bash other...

mrmusic2k11
replies: 50 views: 37,638
doom64 1 week ago

I downloaded the Taylor Swift single "Look What You Made Me Do" from Amazon. Sure enough it's mastered nearly too -7...

JDN
replies: 21 views: 5,556
JDO 1 week ago

For anyone using this combination, I’m curious about the Low Power setting vs using the IEM output. The LCD-1 is rated at...

Jeremiah Sheets
replies: 1 views: 192
Jeremiah Sheets 1 week ago

unfortunately t.c. has stopped the production of the bmc-2. now I am looking for a small, digital monitor controller - digital in...

teebaum
replies: 65 views: 6,287
pentagon 1 week ago

Hi Guyz, I've searched on the forum and i only found an old post about this topic. So, i'm living in EU, Italy, i'm running a...

prp
replies: 49 views: 18,064
Deptronic 1 week ago

Just posting here for those that might have missed the announcement otherwise, but DMG Audio will be releasing a multiband...

Tarekith
replies: 474 views: 77,373
MogwaiBoy 1 week ago

Quick pop into the Mastering Forum to ask how do pro mastering engineers feel about radio stations that use processors like...

UncleGroOve
replies: 50 views: 1,960
Digital Crush 1 week ago

Gyraf G23

Thought I would start a thread here in the mastering forum on this EQ. This is a concept that I must admit I am very excited...

SmoothTone
replies: 235 views: 28,703
bkbirge 1 week ago

Hi , Is it worth buying in 2021 the legendary TC 6000 Native with MD3/4 for mastering? Do you think it's a waste of money as...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 20 views: 1,957
thermos 1 week ago

Hello, Been doing lots of reading about the Varis and listening to the big compressor shootout, and close to getting it, but...

toddd_r
replies: 6 views: 530
copiapoa 1 week ago

Dear everyone While dealing with clients wishing for very loud masters and you manage to make it sound good, clear & loud...

melopie
replies: 12 views: 865
melopie 1 week ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 172 views: 23,173
andersmv 1 week ago

Are there any headphones with noise cancellation that are useful for serious monitoring, or is the process too damaging to the...

mizzle
replies: 6 views: 258
mizzle 1 week ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 66 views: 11,386
Bloodstar57 2 weeks ago

Don't know how many of you are AES members. There's an interesting paper regarding automated mixing in the current issue of the...

kosmokrator
replies: 28 views: 1,360
Edward_Vinatea 2 weeks ago

I had an issue with a unit drifting right, between a whole 1-2 db and also having sudden level changes when set and left. Did...

Artcutech
replies: 36 views: 1,730
Artcutech 2 weeks ago

Greetings, I'm new to this forum, though have visited it regularly to glean information. I'm a singer/songwriter and I'm building...

roijames
replies: 31 views: 2,788
DAH 2 weeks ago

Moderators