The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 45 views: 9,785
Hermetech Mastering 3 weeks ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 19,084
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 31,079
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 57,134
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 243 views: 23,932
akazic 21 minutes ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 38 views: 2,085
Quipu 2 hours ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 881 views: 124,025
loji 3 hours ago

Hi, This will open up a lot of discussion and vague gear words such as “character”, “warmth”, “heft” and the such....

hairbow
replies: 21 views: 2,251
macc 9 hours ago

About the "Thermionic Culture: THE KITE" you read here little to nothing (as well as about the "the...

teebaum
replies: 29 views: 2,168
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 day ago

Is this a normal price for an established A list mixer?

violet
replies: 17 views: 1,154
BOMI 1 day ago

I am looking for a solution to biamp a pair of lipinski 505 on a tight budget. I currently have a nad208 thx that for my ears...

mrc
replies: 27 views: 2,100
dynac0mp 1 day ago

In the process of finishing a project. I've done all the tracking and mixing. Unfortunately due to budget constraints i'm also...

tymish
replies: 62 views: 3,993
lowland 1 day ago

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I know BAX is very respected EQ but TK-lizer is cheaper. TK-audio products are top...

gramophonedzie
replies: 36 views: 15,570
vicwind 1 day ago

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask the question... Did anyone of you have a chance to directly compare Trinnov and...

robertszydlo
replies: 9 views: 1,483
Udi Koomran 1 day ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 663 views: 53,362
Razik 2 days ago

Although worked several years as a semi-pro (or advanced hobbyist) in producing, playing, and writing music, time to time I...

Harry_O
replies: 10 views: 968
Greg Reierson 2 days ago

Quick question Does the "width knob" on Abbey Road's mastering consoles work as an M-S control (decreasing the knob...

matt thomas
replies: 258 views: 42,610
Giro1991 2 days ago

this reads fantastic on paper. 3 transformers and 4 tubes per channel, various types of compression modes, controllable from...

karumba
replies: 28 views: 5,285
Benni Audiomatic 2 days ago

PQ2 Vintage Filters A non-ridiculously priced stepped/switched pultec! Anyone heard or used it? I took the plunge...

MannyTheAvatar
replies: 5 views: 1,952
Labs 2 days ago

Just wondering what everyone out there thinks about this? I don't mean rejected due to music you dislike, but racist,...

jono
replies: 35 views: 2,242
Paul Gold 3 days ago

I noticed that track sounds much better without maximizing it on 10 LUFS. Should i leave it on -6 db as is on default?

veks
replies: 12 views: 714
veks 3 days ago

I've been using Aria mastering on and off for a few years now. It sounds relatively good. And then I sent some masters to Justin...

traumerei1838
replies: 8 views: 799
SecretSauce 4 days ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 701 views: 45,869
DAH 4 days ago

there's more gear with mid/side capabilities all the time. I'm currently finishing assembling gear to mix my own tracks, and will...

fromthepuggle
replies: 15 views: 834
Jerry Tubb 4 days ago

I've encountered this issue frequently: a mix gets sent out to a big name mastering engineer and the master ends up sounding...

IanBSC
replies: 28 views: 1,512
mastermat 4 days ago

Brand new Converter from RME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi1ZmXtfKY It seems they tried to build the absolute best...

Fishmac
replies: 410 views: 85,626
Joe_caithness 4 days ago
replies: 20 views: 5,741
dziki 4 days ago

Hello! I’m currently using PSP Vintage Warmer as a “clipper” plugin prior to compressor / limiter on my master chain. ...

abluesky
replies: 32 views: 1,573
miguelmarques 4 days ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 75 views: 11,600
ilalin 6 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 108 views: 15,072
Joe_caithness 1 week ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 59 views: 7,613
mljung 1 week ago

Hi Elevate sounds really good and quite transparent, i'm impressed ! I've read it's actually a 26 band limiter, how does it...

invalidusername
replies: 11 views: 924
invalidusername 1 week ago

hey all, so I'm looking to get 4 UAD essentials for my master chain. currently I know for a fact I want: - Shadow Hills comp -...

amirgelman
replies: 8 views: 933
Trakworx 1 week ago

Can anyone provide any insight into 2 tracks off the new Springsteen album, both 44.1/16 (labeled FLAC) and 24/96 versions...

NYCVAPE
replies: 9 views: 809
NYCVAPE 1 week ago

I’m continually amazed by the low overall level of CD rips of the original mid-late 80s releases. I’m not talking about...

basehead617
replies: 27 views: 1,389
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Wow. Randomly was checking the Bettermaker site and what do I see? A mastering EQ with a totally new interface a la the...

Boxtone
replies: 13 views: 2,602
siddhu 1 week ago

As the title says, are any mastering engineers on here using the Clarity M? I am interested in freeing up some computer screen...

Switchcraft
replies: 56 views: 9,948
Mr. Bars 1 week ago

Converters? if so which ones? r8brain? rx7? Sox? Weiss? CDfile? What else is there? What settings? When and how?...

Disease Factory
replies: 47 views: 3,274
potscrubber 1 week ago

Hi, I just received some files from a mastering engineer. How the hell did he manage to get this result? the waveform looks...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 8 views: 1,029
cooker 1 week ago

hello, what is your approach in mastering/levelling quiet verses to loud choruses? thanks v

[email protected]
replies: 7 views: 1,149
BIG BUDDHA 1 week ago

Anyone tried this yet? https://tkaudio.se/portfolio-items/tk-lizer-2/ Looks great, especially the new HPF frequencies combined...

Conundra
replies: 5 views: 910
Magnus Lindberg 2 weeks ago

Hello all - Hoping I could pick the collective brain about modding my API 2500 with either the Hardy 990c op amp or the...

jacobdetering
replies: 15 views: 5,464
bushwick 2 weeks ago

Hi, First mastering post here. I'm working on more mastering projects lately, while learning the trade, so I'd like to have...

MAXRB
replies: 20 views: 1,979
MAXRB 2 weeks ago

Hi guys! Here are our best eqs. Which one do you prefer in mastering...

Pitchstudios
replies: 14 views: 4,612
Argali 2 weeks ago

Rev. 1 shown (no trim on front on this pic). Just got mine today, here are my initial thoughts. And a pic of the...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 160 views: 39,434
Raddler 2 weeks ago

Is there anyone who has tried this stand alone software? Doug Jane Recording I have used the earlier version back in 1998, and...

Mattrix
replies: 12 views: 2,490
waldie wave 2 weeks ago

As far as I know there is only one person who cuts lacquers in the entire San Francisco Bay Area. George Horn is a legend and I...

Trakworx
replies: 89 views: 4,351
elpillo 2 weeks ago

This is a difficult subject to breach -- and is very likely to open up a bit of controversy. I am speaking about the actual...

John Dyson
replies: 32 views: 1,746
John Dyson 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just putting the final tweaks on 2 of these bad boys for shipping this week. They are the evolution of my MTB-1 but with...

RogerFoote
replies: 3 views: 1,153
RogerFoote 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I am looking for a transparent analog EQ to be used for gentle room correction, all below 600hz. The EQ will only be...

mpr
replies: 61 views: 3,174
pentagon 2 weeks ago

Hi to all I will receive the new speakers soon (hedd type 20) so i'm thinking to buy also a better dac, now i'm using apogee...

rameron
replies: 32 views: 1,621
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm primarily a mix engineer but sometimes out of necessity I master for clients who don't have the budget for a...

MatthewGarton
replies: 15 views: 2,961
MASSIVE Master 2 weeks ago

If you want to make sure your result is not biased by other people's observations, do the test before reading posts below or...

24-96 Mastering
replies: 470 views: 157,644
Sybille 2 weeks ago

I know Lynx's interfaces are quite popular among MEs and since they don't have a message board of their own I thought I'd ask...

brijem
replies: 6 views: 671
msmucr 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search