The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 305 views: 91,744
RightOnRome 1 day ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 36 views: 12,614
lowland 3 weeks ago

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 41,778
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 67,668
Riccardo 11th October 2007

What are your music preferences in checking acoustic systems sound quality?

Mysticman
replies: 45 views: 4,756
Bitsmith 25 minutes ago

I recently upgraded to Catalina and lost some of my older go to 32 bit limiters. Curious what limiters you guys are using...

fairchildren
replies: 1 views: 96
Shawn Hatfield 48 minutes ago

Hey guys, I recently started analyzing some of my reference tracks via Spotify. I sent my spotify (loudness normalization off)...

hum-free
replies: 9 views: 1,379
Christopher Ridley 1 hour ago

Used to have sonnox inflator on the powercore platform, but sold the powercore. Are there any real competitors for the...

generalx
replies: 37 views: 19,779
monkeyxx 3 hours ago

Been wanting to ask what others do regarding this: So, how often do you "(re-)calibrate your ears"? - At the beginning...

OTRM
replies: 15 views: 1,990
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

hi guys, i'm using reaper since some months for all my masters since i really like the workflow. since most album masters...

karumba
replies: 49 views: 9,654
loji 5 hours ago

Hey everyone, Short time lurker, first time poster. I'm relatively new to the world of mastering. Been interning with Matthew...

Phillip Dempster
replies: 176 views: 17,953
traumerei1838 10 hours ago

Just wondering??? We weren't busy and then we were super busy and now the phone hasn't rung with a phone call from a new...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 54 views: 5,767
Trakworx 11 hours ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Just saw this intriguing photo on Facebook. Come on then, Jakob, what's the...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 21 views: 3,875
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 18 hours ago

Hi, I downloaded iZotope RX 8 and I checked 5-6 popular songs and all of them bounced at 32-bit float. Why bounce at 32-bit...

aviorrok
replies: 10 views: 1,135
darkalex 21 hours ago

Hi folks, I just completed an album mastering which is 24-96. Now the client is asking for "DSD files" for...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 122 views: 9,357
tailspn 23 hours ago

I´m looking to get a Tubecore 3U ME for bus duties and mastering 4x4 music. People say tubes are too slow for EDM but it has...

XAXAU
replies: 13 views: 3,052
AudioKemestry 1 day ago

Would you kind souls be willing to share some thoughts on your favorite color EQ's? I'm thinking you know, mainly like...

Birdlives1955
replies: 66 views: 8,678
roger 1 day ago

Has anyone here tried search engine optimization for their mastering studio website? Worth it? recommendations? Thanks!

Trakworx
replies: 14 views: 3,152
Jeffrey Bryant 3 days ago

Does a hardware K-Meter exist? Just when I thought I was comfortable with LUFS, I keep having this nagging feeling that I used a...

Nevemachine
replies: 2 views: 896
TeeBee 3 days ago

can't wait to get it going, switching to pyramix and up to dsd256 , hope it works nicely ... build a new DAW, and taking the dive...

inlinenl
replies: 58 views: 11,983
ronnix333 4 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 201 views: 57,878
mardyMcFly 4 days ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 139 views: 19,442
Kcatthedog 4 days ago

Hey Guys, I had a question about ITB processing, for engineers who master in the box or hybrid, how do you make sure the...

darkalex
replies: 100 views: 8,964
taturana 4 days ago

Wondering how you guys deal with powering on/off gear that does not have a front power switch? When mounting units such as the...

OTRM
replies: 7 views: 815
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

hey there, caused by a discussion with macc, I am doing R&D for a full-function passive mastering EQ, basically building...

peter sikking
replies: 69 views: 7,285
macc 4 days ago

Good Morning Fellas! Hopefully I am not offending anyone with this question. Our 4th "album" is on completion and...

Voidtruck
replies: 94 views: 10,310
Papanate 5 days ago

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Prism Lyra AD side. So I'd like to know how compares Dangerous AD+ vs the Crane song...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 49 views: 14,688
mikoo69 5 days ago

The Drawmer 1961 seems to be panned hard or lauded as imparting amazing colour/vibe. Most of you mastering guys prefer very...

Elvis Gotta Gun
replies: 13 views: 12,619
Jerry Tubb 5 days ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 73 views: 12,161
WheelieR 5 days ago

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap/workhorse/old/whatever signal/tone generator for use for aligning analogue audio signals?

Joe_caithness
replies: 26 views: 2,177
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Tokyo Dawn Labs new compressor is out now! Tokyo Dawn Labs | Tokyo Dawn Records The paid for "GE Version" really is a...

Conundra
replies: 361 views: 93,724
FabienTDR 5 days ago

Can we get a thread for this absolute monster of a processor? Looking to share ideas, settings, findings... So who's using...

Joe_caithness
replies: 144 views: 35,357
lowland 6 days ago

Hi all, I'm looking for the name of a mastering engineer who's studio used to be in the Megatrax building in North Hollywood,...

noah440
replies: 2 views: 457
noah440 1 week ago

this thread spits off from here in the Kite thread. what I am trying to find out here is: 1) use of Pultecs (and clones) in...

peter sikking
replies: 62 views: 7,222
peter sikking 1 week ago

I'm looking at either the Dangerous ST with the Dangerous A.S.S for DAC duties, OR a Crane Song Avocet as my monitor...

siddhu
replies: 26 views: 6,392
OTRM 1 week ago

Hi guys, After testing a big bunch of multiband compressors, I can’t find a direct substitute of the old TC MD3 in my master...

Antonio Escobar
replies: 26 views: 1,886
Nevemachine 1 week ago

as you know, preparing MFiT masters could be a bit tricky sometimes. of course, exporting the master with -1dBFS is quite safe,...

karumba
replies: 97 views: 14,210
Blackdawg 1 week ago

Which one? Heard people say Twins lies a bit. Eggs are hi-fi and KH 120 are no brainer for its price but still common...

Anghello
replies: 562 views: 120,913
dotl 1 week ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 483 views: 96,083
myles 1 week ago

Does anyone know of a plugin, preferably VST PC, that would very simply let you display images, so that I could easily save my...

Deleted 691ca21
replies: 35 views: 3,435
Philbo King 1 week ago

Hey experts ;-) I've seen the beta version of the plugin being discussed in here weeks (months?) ago. The final version is out...

DrAudioBot
replies: 529 views: 138,149
scraggs 1 week ago

hello, im looking for a unit that can do "aggression" like hendyamps michelangelo. any recommendations? thanks, v

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 1,357
j.frad 1 week ago

I'm noticing it all over the place. In wav files, in spotify tracks, and of course a whole other slew of low quality platforms....

rosewood123
replies: 20 views: 4,571
FabienTDR 1 week ago

for 2-channel music production .. is the SRC any different in Advanced than in Standard? Are there more flexible...

loji
replies: 26 views: 4,945
guitarmax_99 1 week ago

I've seen people talking about this supposed original 1961/2 recording of the famous "Hey Joe" by Billy Roberts. So...

DJTOPCAT
replies: 14 views: 2,483
Sharp11 1 week ago

So far I always tried to preserve a high sampling rate as long as possible when doing masters, so SRC is done after limiting...

uphonic
replies: 53 views: 6,259
Stereo Flux 1 week ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 164 views: 19,979
duende 2 weeks ago

My specific question is how do the streaming services deal with LUFS adjustment for an entire album? It seems most do it by the...

JDN
replies: 2 views: 950
darkalex 2 weeks ago

I'm an amateur mixer with not much money for mastering. Should I try to master it myself, which is a crapshoot if you don't have...

goom
replies: 6 views: 1,998
Adam Dempsey 2 weeks ago

. . . . The RED edition is PURE BEAUTY !!!! :-) (SPL email answer: "We're selling it in black. The red one is a special...

JIRI PASKA
replies: 115 views: 36,105
Skamm Goodiez 2 weeks ago

I am mixing and mastering a VERY low budget (but sounds great) album that is going for a similar sound to 60's music like Beach...

Timmy S
replies: 7 views: 5,920
cmwolf 2 weeks ago

I'm in the market for a new AD/DA. And just as I'm about to settle on a Lynx Hilo, Apogee comes out with it's new...

TheMegaMan
replies: 41 views: 9,410
TreeOfLifeStudio 2 weeks ago

Or is it really doing it when it’s building the preview?

goom
replies: 2 views: 1,210
darkalex 2 weeks ago

So, halfway thru 2020 now......... What notable improvements have you made this year to your studio, gear, workflow,...

OTRM
replies: 61 views: 5,290
miguelmarques 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search