The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By BetterMaker
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 14 views: 1,929
Russell Dawkins 3 days ago

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 116 views: 33,186
SmoothTone 17th October 2019

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 34,773
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 60,747
Riccardo 11th October 2007

As this changes like the wind I thought I'd ask.. It appears the top runners at the moment are: TDR Limiter 6 DMG Eventide...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 97 views: 31,052
RJHollins 1 hour ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 22 views: 4,671
jontornblom 10 hours ago

My friend and I made this track and just sent it in for mastering. Due to financial reasons, we mixed it ourselves. Anyway, got...

a.m. son
replies: 16 views: 578
7+1 12 hours ago

Full disclosure - I have a hangover. I got drunk last night with one of my best friends who I hadn't seen in years. He runs...

Trakworx
replies: 31 views: 1,262
SmoothTone 12 hours ago

I'm actually in the full passive monitoring path and manual point to point gear connection, but i'm getting old and lazy. So i...

DBarbarulo
replies: 1 views: 174
Pete Lyman 13 hours ago

Both my Eustachian tubes are blocked. i went to the Doctor yesterday and he said that my Eustachian tubes are blocked and my ear...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 20 views: 877
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 13 hours ago

Maybe someone can explain this phenomenon I've discovered. Lately I've been looking at the Youtube "stats for nerds"...

marchhare
replies: 21 views: 854
marchhare 14 hours ago

this thread spits off from here in the Kite thread. what I am trying to find out here is: 1) use of Pultecs (and clones) in...

peter sikking
replies: 44 views: 2,305
RogerFoote 14 hours ago

Hi guys. I moved to Yosemite and it's time to move to a new mastering soft. What I need: -DDP -CD text -AU...

Marogru
replies: 84 views: 5,992
JblKid95 15 hours ago

well any news and price info on this item ..... it would be a nice option next to my console .... would love to go parallel...

inlinenl
replies: 130 views: 25,746
TanTan 23 hours ago

Any thoughts on this unit? There is very little info on any thread........

nomatic
replies: 32 views: 4,914
Paul_G 1 day ago

Recently i saw several examples of studios or known engineers shrinking down their gear list, rooms etc. Some of them are...

DBarbarulo
replies: 78 views: 5,403
matucha 1 day ago

Hey all, About to get my record mastered tomorrow. The mastering house I'm going with would charge an extra $500 to make a...

Kroc
replies: 34 views: 1,041
ScottHull 1 day ago

I'm not sure this is the right section to post in, but I'm curious if anyone has compared the Bettermaker Limiter to the Weiss...

ovibis
replies: 22 views: 1,139
ionian 1 day ago

Im looking for a main mastering EQ and am deciding between trying one of these two SPL PQ or Maselec MEA-2 Can anyone with...

ElectricCompany
replies: 86 views: 13,062
dietrich10 1 day ago

has anyone compared them on a A/B ? If so, what's your favorite and why ? :)

EmilEchal
replies: 5 views: 634
Saxnscratch 2 days ago

I am not a believer in a lot of audiophile tweaks but I just found something that is pretty amazing. I put these under my ALON...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 373 views: 77,861
DRAZERS 2 days ago

Hello guys, Ive looking for new speakers for mastering, we have now new dsp monitors like Kii Audio and Dutch Dutch 8c but...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 113 views: 21,190
JblKid95 2 days ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 90 views: 7,545
Shawn Hatfield 2 days ago

Hi, First mastering post here. I'm working on more mastering projects lately, while learning the trade, so I'd like to have...

MAXRB
replies: 22 views: 2,658
Mootiv 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm thrilled to show you the first product forthcoming in 2020 on Audiotales Designs : THE ELEPHAMPS An MS...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 11 views: 574
AudiotalesDesign 3 days ago

Hi I am interested in know the difference between these great equalizers, maybe there isn`t anybody that test both, but I would...

Portubong
replies: 79 views: 21,193
gyraf 3 days ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 71 views: 11,040
gyraf 4 days ago

I had a hearing test a while back and found out I had some high end loss in my left ear. First thing the audiologist said was,...

Nonlinear
replies: 30 views: 1,846
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

for 2-channel music production .. is the SRC any different in Advanced than in Standard? Are there more flexible...

loji
replies: 21 views: 2,057
Stereo Flux 4 days ago

I think choosing one can be a challenge as there are different EQs for different purposes. 1. For a clean EQ to just adjust...

Jason rocks
replies: 53 views: 6,038
mpr 4 days ago

as you know, preparing MFiT masters could be a bit tricky sometimes. of course, exporting the master with -1dBFS is quite safe,...

karumba
replies: 89 views: 12,040
thermos 4 days ago

Greetings, When I listen to a master I have finished in my car for some strange reason the panning of a couple of panned...

Xevoius
replies: 3 views: 403
Xevoius 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 325 views: 41,070
blaugruen7 4 days ago

I'm just gonna leave this here.. https://phonocut.com/ http://vinylgif.com/gifs/201412/hypnotic-spiral-vinyl.gif

bcgood
replies: 33 views: 2,771
Martel80 5 days ago

I know there are a ton of threads about LUFS but the info is confusing and often contradictory. Since youtube limits audio to 13...

Timmy S
replies: 15 views: 18,020
Zkazarap 5 days ago

I recently purchased Ozone 9 and am using it to master an album for a client. I was trying to keep myself honest by not only...

LSP
replies: 56 views: 4,228
marchhare 5 days ago

Aah the good old monitor controller dilemma. The feature set of both Crookwood (C1-4AX) and Imperium (2u) is quite different, so...

Emanuel23
replies: 21 views: 3,224
DigitalGrease 5 days ago

just got a BlackBox HG2 . I put it on a my master before the limiter . Here are the files with/without the BBox...

EmilEchal
replies: 3 views: 511
EmilEchal 5 days ago

Fellow GS forum member FabienTDR brought this unit to my attention in another thread but I figured it deserves its own thread as...

aleatoric
replies: 172 views: 22,182
sloansimpson 6 days ago

Moving this over from the "Show me your mastering setup 2011" thread. I've had the UBK Kush Audio Clariphonic in my...

grandmasters
replies: 5 views: 2,960
rectape 6 days ago

Hi all, I posted this earlier to the high-end forum, but didn't get the response i was hoping for, so here goes: I've been...

crackmandu
replies: 21 views: 1,160
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 6 days ago

I enjoy the videos from the British mastering engineer Streaky - he is a really down to earth geezer and has a great channel on...

SWAN808
replies: 331 views: 19,186
FabienTDR 6 days ago

Hey guys, I may upgrade for those Dangerous Convert 8, but before I would like to know if some of you compared them and if...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 23 views: 2,727
Solic 6 days ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 765 views: 60,907
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

Hey folks, Of course for any serious release, a professional mastering lab with great credentials is the way to go. But for...

Todzilla
replies: 5 views: 441
Benoit D 1 week ago

I couldn't see a thread about the new TDR Slick EQ M in the mastering forum, so thought I would start one. TDR SlickEQ M -...

lowland
replies: 157 views: 22,565
FabienTDR 1 week ago

Is it possible to add subtle EQ to a song that has already been mastered, without mucking things up? In this case I want to...

LSP
replies: 10 views: 669
Justin P. 1 week ago

Ok... I know what it's going to sound like and I know it's "easier" to just go digital buuuut I don't wanna. So I...

jcornelisse
replies: 5 views: 471
dlmorley 1 week ago

Hi, I want to upgrade from my Rossetta 200 to a less coloured and more modern AD/DA converter for my mastering loop, the RME...

ampar
replies: 5 views: 1,157
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Hi On a mastering A/D converter like the Lavry AD122-96, where does the clipping occur (if you push hard into it) ? At the...

invalidusername
replies: 12 views: 1,898
mpr 1 week ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 979 views: 116,997
lucey 1 week ago

Hey guys what would be the best way to split the Lynx Hilo left/right inputs ? I would like to use them for some recording duties...

yellowrobin
replies: 1 views: 369
lobsterinn 1 week ago

Hi, tried a search but came up empty. I have an album that has 2 singers and an acoustic guitar. Very simple. Can anyone...

Niteflyguy
replies: 16 views: 779
bonne 1 week ago

Used to have sonnox inflator on the powercore platform, but sold the powercore. Are there any real competitors for the...

generalx
replies: 36 views: 15,587
Test Switch 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search