The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 16,563
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 23,217
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 29,339
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 55,425
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 390 views: 18,672
robert82 44 minutes ago

Hi ! It’s time for me to find a perfect de-esser plugin for Mastering. Transparent De-essing and de-harshing are my main...

phaz
replies: 61 views: 5,983
biksonije 1 hour ago

What about these limiters? They're mostly used for broadcast. Has anybody used them for mastering? Hows the compressor, hows the...

TheSweetener
replies: 107 views: 28,397
johannburkard 3 hours ago

DMG Audio : Products : Multiplicity Looks like perhaps the dream multiband tool I've been waiting for... Anyone beta-tested...

Trakworx
replies: 67 views: 4,281
SASMastering 11 hours ago

who is using the Dangerous AD+ here? couldn't find much user experience here on gearslutz, especially in the mastering...

valeot
replies: 11 views: 898
gregor z 13 hours ago

The Challengers: MAAT thEQorange DMGAudio Equilibrium FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Flux EpureV3-x64 UAD Massenburg MDWEQ5-5B Sonnox Oxford...

AlexPicciafuochi
replies: 19 views: 1,650
eternalsound 15 hours ago

Dear Sluttiez... --> Moderator(s): If I misplaced this at the wrong place please don not hesitate to move this post. Thank...

biksonije
replies: 38 views: 3,213
JGM 1 day ago

DMG Audio Dualism vs DR MS boing Which plugin do you think does a better job at manipulating the 2-channel stereo image? ...

E-Irizarry
replies: 0 views: 271
E-Irizarry 1 day ago

I am working on this track and something weird is going on. The snare suddenly has a strong attack like as it is compressed hard...

Bionic_Beats
replies: 5 views: 502
Greg Reierson 1 day ago

For example you have 4 band equalizer with 12 stepped knobs to choose frequencies. Which frequencies would you like to see on...

Mysticman
replies: 20 views: 1,654
Mysticman 1 day ago

What are your go-to combinations of clipping and limiting plugins? How do you use them? When do you use them? What is the...

theMuzzl3
replies: 66 views: 5,945
biksonije 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I’ll try to make this short so you don’t have to waste too much of your time. My name is Arvin, I’m a...

ArvinEmt
replies: 2 views: 396
audioforce 1 day ago

Sonnox announced that starting tomorrow all plugs are 50% off. So I demoed the upgraded G5 Brick Wall Limiter. I compared it to...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 101 views: 17,370
Conundra 1 day ago

Every genre seems to have its own idea about loudness. I work in a variety of genres, from classical to world to rock. But most...

wildplum
replies: 5 views: 445
Greg Reierson 2 days ago

So I am curious what people think about these, and what the experiences have been with the L70s.

nyandres
replies: 10 views: 1,563
pentagon 2 days ago

Hi. I think I'm finally done with Soundblade HD. Been a user for years and it's just too flaky to use. So many little things...

JeremyPaulCarrol
replies: 6 views: 406
thermos 2 days ago

Hey guys! Just want to know if some of you are using those ? I plan to go out of the box, and they look like really great...

MichaelStAmour
replies: 41 views: 3,859
DoctorSonic 2 days ago

Hey slutz! I’m looking to replace Kush Clariphonic MKII, for mastering purposes. Can anything (ITB) replace/surpass/be...

theMuzzl3
replies: 6 views: 1,230
ardis 2 days ago

Manhattan Mastering Room Available for Time Share Aerial Sound NYC is opening a second, fully-equipped high-end mastering...

arf
replies: 1 views: 530
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

CD-Burn.DDP.Master | HOFA-Plugins woah, talk about upping your game! Looks like they are moving into the full mastering...

Joe_caithness
replies: 93 views: 12,182
HOFA 2 days ago

Hi all! there are many clipping threads out there but I would have a specific question, if anyone could chime in it would be...

audioloud
replies: 18 views: 1,100
Hermetech Mastering 2 days ago

Has anyone listened to and tested the SPL Passeq? I have searched the forum here - seems no one has posted any concrete info,...

mixerguy
replies: 12 views: 5,626
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 3 days ago

Hello, I am going to go ahead and post this question in the Mastering Forum because the response in the acoustics forum is...

audioforce
replies: 46 views: 1,946
audioforce 3 days ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 111 views: 9,045
TonyS 3 days ago

Please give me your suggestions! I am mostly interested in VST Plugins, but if you swear by your hardware unit(s), I want that...

theMuzzl3
replies: 27 views: 2,907
TonyS 3 days ago

Loving my Clarity M, it has quickly become indispensable. I use it exclusively in plugin mode. Suddenly, Balance-o-meter just...

jruberto
replies: 4 views: 487
jruberto 4 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 876 views: 119,182
Hendyamps 4 days ago

I have been mixing and mastering some rap records lately and when referencing a lot of modern rap songs I noticed that the...

Switchcraft
replies: 22 views: 1,633
BIG BUDDHA 4 days ago

I just clocked the Hickory and Dickory controllers for Fabfilter Pro Q, C & L: Hickory – OhMy! Bytes They’ve completed...

Conundra
replies: 15 views: 652
Conundra 4 days ago

I have lately noticed some people in mastering still use those old hardware L2s I remember from ages ago. (Ludwig has like 6 of...

audioloud
replies: 36 views: 1,771
ionian 4 days ago

I spent a couple of hours in the dentist's chair last week. And all the time I was listening to a soft-rock stream on a little...

lame pseudonym
replies: 11 views: 979
XKAudio 4 days ago

I just received an e-mail from MAAT digital claiming to be releasing an upgrade to the Algorithmix PEQ Orange Linear Phase EQ...

Benj
replies: 74 views: 7,133
JP__ 4 days ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 437 views: 30,281
thermos 5 days ago

I've been mastering projects for 20 years. Does anyone else think that it's odd that I feel like I'm just starting? I guess...

illynoise
replies: 32 views: 2,063
Jerry Tubb 5 days ago

I wanted to share my experience with the Sonic Farm CreamLiner as a Mastering Processor. I just purchased this box after doing...

nomatic
replies: 231 views: 36,056
nomatic 5 days ago

Currently in my setup, I am looking to upgrade my monitors. I do the production, mixing, and "mastering" (my chains and...

Bond117
replies: 28 views: 4,907
Flash R 6 days ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 102 views: 10,816
Marand 6 days ago

hey all, I have an Apollo duo thunderbolt sound card and was thinking about either getting a 3 plugins-of-choise bundle or...

amirgelman
replies: 14 views: 3,255
Brainiac Beats 1 week ago

Hello dear MEs, I'm mixing a record and I will unfortunately also have to master it. I'm in my first times of using a mixbuss...

Logima
replies: 30 views: 1,647
XAXAU 1 week ago

Hello I'm thinking to get fat bustard for some summing works and I wonder if some of you use/used it for mastering purpose. With...

priko
replies: 9 views: 2,638
midmost 1 week ago

does MFiT approved studios list still exist ? one of local digital audio sellers claims that they are checking it while sending...

TurnT
replies: 3 views: 802
da goose 1 week ago

Miad EQ

Has anyone else tried these in their room yet. I have a pair on demo that I can't let go. Amazing boxes. They have the bottom...

Paul_G
replies: 74 views: 11,093
RoundBadge 1 week ago

Does anyone have a good understanding of the various digital masters that have been made of Rumours? The reason I ask is that...

kafka
replies: 8 views: 1,028
Justin P. 1 week ago

Folks, Curious if anyone has used both, and if there are preferences for one over the other? I've long used Sonoris DDP...

mftorso
replies: 9 views: 1,997
RJHollins 1 week ago

Can AI replace music mastering engineers? - The Verge This was in my newsfeed. Just wanted to share.

robert82
replies: 31 views: 1,660
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

I have a good friend who is a college professor and audio engineer come to my studio at my request and tweaked my acoustics....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 34 views: 2,604
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I am a new user of Tokyo Dawn's Nova GE, hoping to shorten my learning curve a bit. I have been given a mix that needs to have...

wildplum
replies: 0 views: 546
wildplum 1 week ago

I have heard about using two compressors in series but what about two final limiters in series for maximum level? Of course max...

Yiannis
replies: 45 views: 14,559
Tommi6000 1 week ago

I am trying to decide between the Dangerous Convert-2 and the Crane Song Solaris. I see lately that the Dangerous Convert-2 is...

DarkWoods
replies: 1,210 views: 120,632
coin777 1 week ago

I don't usually do these sort of posts, but I feel as a longterm member of this board that I must make this review public....

MattGray
replies: 18 views: 2,246
teebaum 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search