The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 368 views: 111,068
Trakworx 5 hours ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 36 views: 13,098
lowland 4th October 2020

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 42,059
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 67,918
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,268 views: 162,121
RoundBadge 34 minutes ago

Following some links here and there, looks like a WL10 Pro is near to be released and already pre released to random testers. But...

DBarbarulo
replies: 222 views: 23,875
Thomas W. Bethe 1 hour ago

It seems that the idea to record, store and process audio at very high sample-rates has become fashionable. More precisely,...

FabienTDR
replies: 410 views: 78,228
TurboJets 1 hour ago

Hello, Despite this wild time we live in, I am able to purchase a few items to expand my setup. I have a solid signal chain...

cmwolf
replies: 22 views: 1,364
SwitchesAndDials 2 hours ago

Cant wait to find the time to put this up against Equilibrium. Most likely won't switch to it, but I've wanted one for...

Joe_caithness
replies: 167 views: 21,018
justjoo 9 hours ago

I've only used Waves L2, Ozone 8/9, and Fabfilter Pro L2. Ozone sounds most transparent, but a bit thin. Fabfilter has better...

bladelaw
replies: 41 views: 5,530
OTRM 14 hours ago

Does anyone know what the audio resolution is between engines when using the internal routing in the tc Electronic System 6000...

Rick Fisher
replies: 2 views: 263
Rick Fisher 22 hours ago

At the suggestion of Dom @ Smoothtone picking up on remarks I made in the 'Extreme Highs and Lows' discussion, your thoughts are...

lowland
replies: 39 views: 2,950
coreyspencer 23 hours ago

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 121 views: 15,836
Ben F 1 day ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 77 views: 13,051
Glamdring 1 day ago

Hey fellow Mastering Engineer, here's something new for you :) 1951 Mastering...

AudiotalesDesign
replies: 44 views: 4,735
AudiotalesDesign 1 day ago

Hey guys! I'm a 16 Y/o High School Senior from Asia, so yesterday I paid a visit to my college counsellor, over 75 ivy league...

darkalex
replies: 14 views: 666
mcgilroy 2 days ago

Try yourself, Go on spotify, turn off volume normalise and download any top 100 tracks. 99% will have intersample peaks...

alexishere
replies: 4 views: 531
Greg Reierson 2 days ago

I submitted pretty a nice voiceover for a promo video. The voice track was in mp3 at 1 536 Kbps; 48 000 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo, which...

cubista
replies: 6 views: 452
Greg Reierson 2 days ago

Just wondering??? We weren't busy and then we were super busy and now the phone hasn't rung with a phone call from a new...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 128 views: 14,493
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

Hi guys. I know there have been similar threads to these, but I thought it might be interesting to do another one updated to the...

Bob CG
replies: 33 views: 4,194
cheu78 2 days ago

I'm in the market for a Vari Mu. I'm interested to know if anyone has had the opportunity to demo this unit and A/B it against...

mozumbo
replies: 117 views: 30,758
denork 2 days ago

Hi Sonnox Limiter is on sale. I am doing my own mastering in the box. It sounds great to me compared to the other ITB...

ktwalker76
replies: 9 views: 2,610
noah330 3 days ago

Hey, i’m planning on getting a 2 track tape machine just for mixdown so i can send around for analog mastering. The tape...

PlasticSoul6
replies: 14 views: 927
MoTech 3 days ago

please post you favourite reference songs for mastering purposes. they should obviously have a great tonal balance and also cover...

DonGoliath
replies: 11 views: 1,114
Philbo King 3 days ago

So hopefully this time round I won't be buying premade. I want sixteen 2 meter XLR cables for connecting processing hardware to...

graph
replies: 18 views: 930
Bob Olhsson 3 days ago

I have my 250 ex at a tech and turns out the schematic he has is for a 250 A and he doesnt feel comfortable doing the mod until...

planet red
replies: 1 views: 239
Adam Dempsey 3 days ago

Hi there, I will have an API 5500 soon, I was wondering if anyone with this combo have found a favorite way to connect...

Deleted 9f8a14f
replies: 1 views: 531
Slange00 3 days ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 149 views: 21,770
David Hoatson 4 days ago

My monitoring environment is not perfect. 'Feels good to say that out loud :lol: It's pretty good though, and I've been in the...

Trakworx
replies: 52 views: 2,648
Transco 4 days ago

I've read the threads on the forums about the Amari and there really isn't any answers about this machine. There's one guy who...

vaesion
replies: 5 views: 2,347
aschinoff 4 days ago

This seems like a long shot but i'm getting desparate! I've been searching the web for information on a major problem...

crustypaul
replies: 14 views: 2,707
Avantmidi 4 days ago

as we all know streaming services are using loudness normalisation these days. but it doesn't really work since when listening to...

DonGoliath
replies: 13 views: 1,697
Jerry Tubb 4 days ago

Hello everyone , I am wondering if Peter Reardon is still the owner of shadow hills industries. As I m interested in the...

EmilEchal
replies: 3 views: 646
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

Aah the good old monitor controller dilemma. The feature set of both Crookwood (C1-4AX) and Imperium (2u) is quite different, so...

Emanuel23
replies: 25 views: 4,379
OTRM 4 days ago

hey there, caused by a discussion with macc, I am doing R&D for a full-function passive mastering EQ, basically building...

peter sikking
replies: 93 views: 10,674
peter sikking 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
Jules 5 days ago

Wondering how you guys deal with powering on/off gear that does not have a front power switch? When mounting units such as the...

OTRM
replies: 9 views: 1,362
n0nspaz 5 days ago

I have the Trinnov Optimizer MC on test at the moment. Trinnov Audio Very interesting box. Very deep. Seems to do amazing...

Darius van H
replies: 108 views: 34,874
ezrashanti 5 days ago

Hi, you may be interested to know that a new important update of DSP-Quattro, an audio editor, audio mastering, plug-in...

sdaino
replies: 1 views: 411
Jerry Tubb 6 days ago

With the risk of boring everybody to death (already started a few threads on Facebook mastering forums). Does anybody still use...

znus
replies: 3 views: 565
darkalex 6 days ago

In the never ending quest to one day know what I am doing, I have a question regarding how my mixes are transferring to other...

TheLateNight
replies: 32 views: 2,819
hedgehognrown 6 days ago

Hi, I definitely love Unisum. But it's hard for me to understand the submenu (Multiband detector) and how to correctly...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 4 views: 1,072
macc 1 week ago

Softube - Weiss DS1-MK3 well now.

Joe_caithness
replies: 661 views: 111,803
alecness 1 week ago

Hi, I'm considering a new eq for my Mix Bus. I rarely Master anymore, but I prefer running a mastering grade eq for various...

engmix
replies: 24 views: 2,193
ashmundo 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm running into an unusual problem with my new setup, which is a hybrid mix and mastering one. I recently got a...

iMixOTB
replies: 2 views: 460
iMixOTB 1 week ago

Hi all, I've just received a master back and was hearing "something" in the width/height of the track. When opening...

DeadPoet
replies: 5 views: 587
DAH 1 week ago

I don't usually do these sort of posts, but I feel as a longterm member of this board that I must make this review public....

MattGray
replies: 19 views: 4,699
christojo 1 week ago

I've been demo'ing them lately and i don't understand why they aren't more talked about and highly regarded. I'm no audiophile by...

Barncore
replies: 27 views: 19,312
TonStrom 1 week ago

Just wondering what other MEs approaches and thoughts are about below 20Hz and above 20khz For example you have a track that...

Carl Freeland
replies: 22 views: 2,302
Greg Reierson 1 week ago

Hey all! So I've been trying to improve my masters for what feels like forever but recently I was able to make progress using...

listen2benp
replies: 41 views: 3,276
UnderTow 1 week ago

Hey guys, I have a neve 5060 console and I love the way it sounds when I push the mix into the reds, it gets a nice colored...

pilamon
replies: 2 views: 371
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Hey Guys, I had a question about ITB processing, for engineers who master in the box or hybrid, how do you make sure the...

darkalex
replies: 102 views: 9,860
ardis 1 week ago

Is the UAD Ampex ATR-102 still the best tape emulation for mastering? Are there any close or better alternatives? What say...

Macaroni
replies: 14 views: 9,763
oceantracks 1 week ago

I'm not even sure if "the curious" pass through this forum anymore, but I was wondering what the "layman's"...

eternalsound
replies: 91 views: 4,797
scraggs 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search