The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Many of you know Dave Davis from this forum and his years as a Cincinnati, Ohio based mastering engineer and university educator....

swafford
replies: 19 views: 1,222
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 14,637
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 21,838
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 28,124
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 54,201
Riccardo 11th October 2007

An AE friend of mine recently attended a mastering session with Ted Jensen. The music was Hard Rock. The mastered tracks are...

Trakworx
replies: 55 views: 1,685
Saxnscratch 19 minutes ago

Can I please get a definitive answer on this? I know this has been discussed before, but if it's not too much trouble I'd like...

Trakworx
replies: 38 views: 1,052
DAH 52 minutes ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 38 views: 3,496
RogerFoote 1 hour ago

i've recently sold everything that i don't use regularly and now i actually have 3he space in my rack and one place free on my...

teebaum
replies: 27 views: 453
andredb 3 hours ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 56 views: 3,881
Fleaman 4 hours ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 54 views: 13,033
danthonymusic 6 hours ago

Seems like there is a lot of DIY mastering going on these days. (As evidence would show in the mix section of this forum and...

eternalsound
replies: 128 views: 5,159
Trakworx 7 hours ago

I just received an e-mail from MAAT digital claiming to be releasing an upgrade to the Algorithmix PEQ Orange Linear Phase EQ...

Benj
replies: 36 views: 1,922
FabienTDR 7 hours ago

has anyone made any experience with the bettermaker c502v for mastering? how does it sound compared to other vca...

teebaum
replies: 7 views: 660
teebaum 8 hours ago

…has the I/O capabilities of a Hilo to interface with my DAW and transfer ADDA, with a reference grade DAC for monitoring but...

SmoothTone
replies: 5 views: 269
scraggs 8 hours ago

Hi guys, I would like to purchase my first AA plugins, probably exploiting black friday sale. I just need more stuff for my...

Piddizero
replies: 14 views: 934
Piddizero 11 hours ago

I get a lot of PMs and FB messages asking an opinion on this or that. If anyone has a specific mastering or production ? for me...

lucey
replies: 968 views: 105,327
busty_audio 11 hours ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 64 views: 4,266
shamelesssounds 14 hours ago

I am new to he whole using outboard analog hardware to master workflow,and will be trying it out in a few weeks when my analog...

O-dawg
replies: 21 views: 445
Justin P. 1 day ago

We just installed a (giant) Equitech 7.5WQ (70 amp output) to replace our smaller Equitech unit. When we turned the 7.5WQ on to...

burns46824
replies: 7 views: 403
Bob Olhsson 1 day ago

I'm getting ready to purchase a mastering grade ad converter for clipping my masters (either the burl b2 or the dangerous convert...

O-dawg
replies: 25 views: 1,441
Trakworx 1 day ago

Instead of "perfectly flat, uncolored" studio monitors like Adams, Focals, Barefoots, etc., it is more common to see...

Nonlinear
replies: 136 views: 10,476
Silvertone 1 day ago

Hi, I am looking for a new mastering EQ to complement my Elysia Xfilter, Pultec clone and TK-Lizer. Budget around...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 15 views: 1,023
Progmatic-Studios 1 day ago

Close to finished mixing my album...self recorded and mixed to a Korg mr2000s. curious about online mastering as I am in the...

ribteen
replies: 79 views: 26,594
eternalsound 1 day ago

With the rise of home studios and project studios it seems to be happening more and more that clients decide to revise a mix...

Trakworx
replies: 40 views: 1,375
Saxnscratch 2 days ago

Just stumbled upon this website: {removed} I was impressed by his references {Robbie Williams, Tina Turner, Radiohead... } but...

echoRausch
replies: 19 views: 885
biksonije 2 days ago

Howdy gang.. Does anyone have a good link for an article or page that goes into what to aim for when monitoring dynamic...

blackbirdstudio
replies: 7 views: 564
biksonije 2 days ago

good evening slutz i understand that there are more than one ways to "skin" a cat and that every project is...

busty_audio
replies: 17 views: 558
Silvertone 2 days ago

When you guys decide to clip your kick bass alittle do you clip the tips off your bass buss or keep the transient popped to clip...

SmittyCono
replies: 1 views: 343
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 2 days ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 462 views: 70,409
Giuseppe Zaccaria 3 days ago

Hi All I am having my pair of Neumann OE eq's racked soon. I have never used them or heard them. Right now they have 2 dB steps...

Rythm'BackStudio
replies: 26 views: 905
casiotone 3 days ago

Hello, I want to take the analog out of my DAC that is stereo and put a Y cable so they can go to my Monitor Section (then...

zak7
replies: 11 views: 709
jamesp 3 days ago

Hi there, I will be taking a 3 week holiday and although I shall not be doing any actual mastering work whilst away, I must have...

OneMillionMangos
replies: 272 views: 31,105
ardis 4 days ago

Hi, Just putting the final tweaks on 2 of these bad boys for shipping this week. They are the evolution of my MTB-1 but with...

RogerFoote
replies: 1 views: 477
RogerFoote 4 days ago

Hey guys! Just want to know if some of you are using those ? I plan to go out of the box, and they look like really great...

MichaelStAmour
replies: 33 views: 2,748
teebaum 4 days ago

Well this is interesting...just compared recording through my Waltzing Bear x-formerless penthouse vs. going DI through my Mogami...

burns46824
replies: 30 views: 1,033
aceagon 5 days ago

This topic is dedicated to aiwindows plugins, but may also cover combinations of them being used along with other...

theMuzzl3
replies: 39 views: 3,223
V4nger 6 days ago

Hi, a simple question about the mastering workflow specifically in Pro Tools...but could apply to other daws How do you...

Mubemol
replies: 4 views: 493
Mubemol 6 days ago

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 838 views: 113,168
audiomaster 6 days ago

Can't seem to maintain control of the sample rate. When using as stand alone and importing 24bit/48K mixdown keeps changing my...

pdiddy
replies: 3 views: 617
karibu 6 days ago

Does anybody know of a plugin that will quickly analyze the LUFS of a .wav file without playing it? I know Izotope RX Loudness...

Patient Minds
replies: 26 views: 1,096
Noisewagon 6 days ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 37 views: 5,263
biksonije 1 week ago

My question is if anyone has experience mastering for a flash drive. I'm clueless as to what format(s) to use so that people will...

enjolis
replies: 10 views: 535
enjolis 1 week ago

Are there are any batch utilities that will apply dynamic range compression to MP3 files, similar to what MP3GAIN does. My reason...

rodak
replies: 2 views: 267
rodak 1 week ago

Are there are any batch utilities that will apply dynamic range compression to MP3 files, similar to what MP3GAIN does. My reason...

rodak
replies: 0 views: 211
rodak 1 week ago

I am looking to replace my mains, looking for something actually full range, so I can drop the sub. Originally I was planning for...

Iostream
replies: 89 views: 10,198
whinecellar 1 week ago

Hi all, I seem to be reading conflicting information regarding crest factor and dynamic range. It was my understanding until...

dougfatheruk
replies: 16 views: 4,606
jontornblom 1 week ago

What is the ideal freq. balance in dance music production so mastering people can actually use their expensive equipment apart...

dbot
replies: 3 views: 406
Trakworx 1 week ago

Hi all. I'm not sure what to look for, so I'm very stuck finding what I want. Here is what I'd like: (I've seen it before, but I...

jrhager84
replies: 23 views: 3,913
Boreal 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Just landed here trying to find a good option for speakers I just finished my room it's about 300sqf designed by...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 26 views: 1,147
Ben F 1 week ago

When viewing the true peak level readings of some 16 bit 44.1 wav music releases with Youlean (in Wavosaur) some of them display...

graph
replies: 0 views: 308
graph 1 week ago

Has anyone here tried search engine optimization for their mastering studio website? Worth it? recommendations? Thanks!

Trakworx
replies: 2 views: 500
Trakworx 1 week ago

What would one of these beauties go for in this day and age? I copied this from High end.

Weezyanna
replies: 9 views: 3,627
gvdv 1 week ago

Since this equalizer has been discussed a bit more than usual recently & it seems quite a few mastering people are using it,...

CharlesCola
replies: 25 views: 8,467
the unik 1 week ago

I recently did a test of L*NDR for the podcast I am doing with a couple of collegues, thought it could be of interest for the...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 82 views: 7,110
artnoiser 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search