The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Below I am sharing something that I send to my mastering clients when they inquire about targeting LUFS levels for streaming...

Trakworx
replies: 456 views: 126,372
SmoothTone 3 days ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 494 views: 102,994
qslprod 5 days ago

thom wettstein and I have compared a few eq's to each other. next to my eq's knif soma knif eksa gyraf g23-s tube tech...

teebaum
replies: 83 views: 15,805
AudiotalesDesign 3 weeks ago

Dear friends and colleagues, it's with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los...

Thor
replies: 37 views: 15,046
GRiFF 3rd January 2021

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 43,388
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 68,851
Riccardo 11th October 2007

Curious what you guys do when you receive a master that is heavily compressed and near peaking 0dbfs. What level do you often use...

fairchildren
replies: 21 views: 747
sl1200mk2 14 minutes ago

Hi All: I'm searching for the "best" plug-in mastering compressor for Jazz, classical, etc. I don't do hip hop or...

rcartwright
replies: 43 views: 1,797
melopie 1 hour ago

Some months ago I got a phone call from a guy in the US encouraging me to try a new type of audio processing called FiDef....

Chris Bauer
replies: 40 views: 4,976
Trakworx 2 hours ago

Hi, I have serious sync problems between my Rme and Crookwood converters at 96Khz and after having tested various sync options...

Cassar Audio Lab
replies: 0 views: 61
Cassar Audio Lab 2 hours ago

Hello What do you think is future of online mastering, especially now after Covid when music scene / live acts died? will be...

Prototech
replies: 88 views: 2,012
Trakworx 16 hours ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 46 views: 10,677
LiveMusicNY 20 hours ago

Now - I reckon everyone has that little thing they do that gives them a bit of their signature sound... And, I know that...

DamianL
replies: 73 views: 6,571
foamplate 1 day ago

I am in need of a sampling rate converter, just wonder if I should do the hardware or the Weiss Saracon will do. I appreciate...

jt916
replies: 49 views: 15,991
MrG 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutzer howdy I have a question,i’m actually using an iPad with duet display and iZotope insight2 on that,for work...

808lab
replies: 0 views: 174
808lab 1 day ago

Hi! If I change the volume on a track in a recording program so the volume on the VU meter goes down from -5db down to -7db, how...

qazqaz
replies: 13 views: 380
qazqaz 1 day ago

So, I picked up a couple new reference discs, because they won Grammies for ‘Best Engineered Album,’ and because they’re in...

Resort Records
replies: 51 views: 2,636
Jerry Tubb 1 day ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 62 views: 10,311
thermos 2 days ago

In my previous thread I was asking about future of mastering, while I have feeling that mostly "new genres" like...

Prototech
replies: 2 views: 246
Prototech 2 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 218 views: 65,152
Jesse Skeens 2 days ago

I searched around but there was only the original product thread by Gustav, but I thought people here would be interested in this...

macc
replies: 1 views: 313
Labs 2 days ago

Hi there I’d like to take an AES signal and convert to SPDIF at 24bit 96khz. Is there any currently available boxes that...

mrbump
replies: 9 views: 498
Adebar 2 days ago

Hi Guys, So I'm in deep debate whether a hardware limiter is warranted or not. Here are a couple of conundrums I have reached....

lu432
replies: 74 views: 12,623
Slug1 2 days ago

Hello guys! Has anyone tested/compared the Wes audio ngBus comp? I tried to find something on internet but there is nothing...

Audiotales
replies: 3 views: 317
Audiotales 2 days ago

Hello there, We are a fast growing music tech company that is creating our own music catalog. We are looking for a brilliant...

anastazio
replies: 47 views: 3,265
freezerman 2 days ago

Has anyone compared those two interfaces? I am mainly interessted in the DA's. I do know the MTRX DA's fairly good, and like...

idee und klang
replies: 0 views: 152
idee und klang 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I saw there is no topic about this plug-in. I just bought it recently and i use it in conjunction with...

kirito
replies: 406 views: 72,932
cyjanopan 3 days ago

Just posting here for those that might have missed the announcement otherwise, but DMG Audio will be releasing a multiband...

Tarekith
replies: 457 views: 74,511
dougb415 3 days ago

I’m slowly switching from a hybrid mixing rig to a mastering rig. So I’m thinking about selling my protools HDX with 32 I/o...

matskull
replies: 167 views: 26,510
GP_Hawk 4 days ago

I've only used Waves L2, Ozone 8/9, and Fabfilter Pro L2. Ozone sounds most transparent, but a bit thin. Fabfilter has better...

bladelaw
replies: 43 views: 8,117
toddd_r 4 days ago

When I learned about this unit I thought this forum would pick it up fast! Doesnt seem to have happened yet dispite it's being...

Magnus Lindberg
replies: 84 views: 31,679
Avantmidi 5 days ago

So somewhere on this forum somebody said that the best sounding master is not the master that translates the best. Your thoughts?

Carl Freeland
replies: 19 views: 1,033
Carl Freeland 5 days ago

Hi guys! I am considering buying a Flock Audio Patch for mastering setup. There are those who use it in their setups? Tech...

MainTime
replies: 16 views: 1,194
finleysound 5 days ago

What do you guys think about using LM-Correct from Nugen for setting the LUFS target and correcting loudness to the songs? And if...

andreineagu
replies: 1 views: 273
Riccardo 6 days ago

Right now I'm exporting the album for both CD album and streaming services/stores such as Spotify, Apple Music and so...

andreineagu
replies: 6 views: 335
Trakworx 1 week ago

Some of my old "RAW - unprocessed - low level -6db or lower" mixes are on CDR and it's time to "master" them...

Quantumphysics
replies: 13 views: 508
Trakworx 1 week ago

Hi all. I'm not sure what to look for, so I'm very stuck finding what I want. Here is what I'd like: (I've seen it before, but I...

jrhager84
replies: 29 views: 6,447
wladymeer 1 week ago

Hello guys! I’m about to make my final exports for CD album and streaming services. I have each and every .wav master file and...

andreineagu
replies: 11 views: 504
Bob Olhsson 1 week ago

It is time to master (in Samplitude) my old DAT tapes (44.1k/16 and 48k/16bit) Here are the options - A) DAT (Tascam...

Quantumphysics
replies: 14 views: 654
Quantumphysics 1 week ago

I believe the Weiss DS1 and it single comp go to -24dbfs and the SSL bus comp to -18dbfs, the X-Comp to -24 dbfs. Yes I am...

darkhiidden
replies: 6 views: 433
darkhiidden 1 week ago

Hello all - Hoping I could pick the collective brain about modding my API 2500 with either the Hardy 990c op amp or the...

jacobdetering
replies: 16 views: 6,612
burns46824 1 week ago

I'll start with a standard GS disclaimer: I don't get anything for this. I've just been a beta tester and this thing is...

macc
replies: 92 views: 17,576
David Carlyon 1 week ago

Ive decided to make my own console using some of Wayne Kirkwood's modules. With exception of the MS and Elliptical circuits...

Robb Robinson
replies: 114 views: 8,910
mnawara 1 week ago

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 1,341 views: 182,568
RJHollins 1 week ago

Hi, using the Weiss Saracon software, I would like to convert a 192 kHz / 24 bit file to 96 kHz so I can listen to...

ilovemusic
replies: 15 views: 3,625
MFSAKA 1 week ago

hey there, caused by a discussion with macc, I am doing R&D for a full-function passive mastering EQ, basically building...

peter sikking
replies: 125 views: 13,357
peter sikking 1 week ago

Miad EQ

Has anyone else tried these in their room yet. I have a pair on demo that I can't let go. Amazing boxes. They have the bottom...

Paul_G
replies: 85 views: 17,189
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 1 week ago

who is using the Dangerous AD+ here? couldn't find much user experience here on gearslutz, especially in the mastering...

valeot
replies: 24 views: 7,499
dbot 1 week ago
replies: 16 views: 1,123
ccg 1 week ago

I'm looking for a mastering dedicated DAW for Windows. Has anybody here used all 3 of these? What are some things you like about...

Barncore
replies: 109 views: 14,132
potscrubber 1 week ago

Hello people, I got my Quantum a few months ago and I have it connected to a Hilo via AES. My previous setup was a HEDD192...

Lek1
replies: 36 views: 1,670
thermos 1 week ago

Hi Folk! I'm using a cranesong Hedd quantum right now, but I would like to have 8 channels. I'm looking for a...

stamand
replies: 107 views: 10,537
Adebar 1 week ago

Probably like quite a few UK mastering people, I have customers in several EU countries, and am registered for VAT. Before Brexit...

lowland
replies: 22 views: 994
lowland 1 week ago

I am listening to the new McCartney III on Spotify. No Loudness compensation active. I am hearing the limiter (not Spotify)...

Raaphorst
replies: 174 views: 12,439
SonorPhonic 1 week ago

Hi guys! Does anyone here have experience with these two Stereo Imager plugins: A.O.M. Stereo Imager D IZotope Ozone...

gilmanoel
replies: 11 views: 2,930
izish 2 weeks ago

I recently started rediscovering this plugin, experimenting with some of the presets as starting points, and getting some...

Trakworx
replies: 70 views: 14,013
miguelmarques 2 weeks ago

Moderators