The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi there, i am a german mastering engineer. Last weekend my whole studio was completely robbed!!! i have a list of stolen...

Peer Hahnefeld
replies: 28 views: 15,910
BT Mastering 6th October 2018

GEARSLUTZ.COM MASTERING FORUM - POST OF THE MONTH Hey everyone! Our friends at NUGEN Audio are sponsoring a "post of the...

Whitecat
replies: 17 views: 22,744
Riccardo 27th October 2017

We have a new sub-forum titled "Mastering for Beginners" (see above) Some of the past threads will be moved there...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 28,936
Riccardo 22nd November 2013

1) Please search the forum prior to posting. Many topics have already been discussed ad infinitum. This will avoid clutter and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 55,017
Riccardo 11th October 2007

I would assume at the mastering stage open back headphones are the best choice since they provide more open sound. Which do you...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 375 views: 25,924
b0se 34 minutes ago

I'm a musician/producer, but I thought I'd relate my problems with Instagram audio to you mastering people as it may be of...

tedmanzie
replies: 57 views: 15,395
danthonymusic 44 minutes ago

I am currently looking for the best 16 bit A/D converter that does straight conversion with no dithering involved(albeit a...

thethrillfactor
replies: 111 views: 15,572
OldHat 2 hours ago

Looking for some plugin advice please. I've been mastering totally in the box for a few years now, quite happily I might...

CodFreefall
replies: 122 views: 10,816
scraggs 4 hours ago

So right after Christmas, Chris (who lives 5 minutes from me) calls and says he has a new optical bus comp he wants me to listen...

Bob Boyd
replies: 159 views: 16,103
JP__ 4 hours ago

I have numerous outboard and ITB EQ's for mixing and would like to purchase a single EQ plugin for mastering purposes. I plan to...

nuemes
replies: 22 views: 1,491
Slug1 17 hours ago

Hi all - Now that we've had a few years of streaming services normalizing volumes, and many more years of loudness war...

Seedhay
replies: 36 views: 2,295
Bart Nettle 19 hours ago

I know, here’s another thread about clipping the converters, but I did not find anything regarding the UAD Apollo converters,...

Jvonfranco
replies: 1 views: 189
geeorge 20 hours ago

Hi friends, I have a question seeking your wisdom ;-) How do you setup your mastering chain to most easily switch between...

chrisl
replies: 3 views: 435
Saxnscratch 1 day ago

I have a theory about clipping a\d converters that I need the experts here to make sense of. I did a test in protools while I'm...

O-dawg
replies: 60 views: 3,193
Jvonfranco 1 day ago

Hello, I’m gonna try to make this short and to the point. I’ve been tracking and mixing my own music since 2005ish OTB...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 3 views: 360
SmoothTone 1 day ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

As we're entering a new year I thought it might be fun and informative for users of this board to detail any attempts they're...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 18 views: 773
aleatoric 1 day ago

I'm in the market for a Vari Mu. I'm interested to know if anyone has had the opportunity to demo this unit and A/B it against...

mozumbo
replies: 113 views: 22,514
method1 1 day ago

Lets talk your anti-harshness techniques of choice. ITB, OTB? Shelf vs bell? First in the chain, middle, last before...

Boxtone
replies: 54 views: 3,697
kirito 1 day ago

In market for Transparent compressor before my Manley Variable Mu. Both compressors are considered to be Transparent. So whats...

amit monga
replies: 15 views: 1,023
geeorge 2 days ago

I know this question is going to annoy analog purists but maybe there are some hybrid guys that have the knowledge to answer this...

Barncore
replies: 109 views: 6,912
emy_knopfler 2 days ago

SSL Fusion

There's a new product by SSL called the Fusion. I got to use it briefly and was pretty impressed with it. I would have liked...

bcgood
replies: 61 views: 11,196
iLex 2 days ago

Iv tried it in the High End forum with no luck. Are There any Vintage EQs from the 70s and 80s except ITI/Sontec you can use...

Michael_
replies: 33 views: 1,338
Bart Nettle 2 days ago

Hi, I do not need a Multiband Compressor very often, and i also know modern units like the Tube Tech SMC2BM. I was just...

Michael_
replies: 9 views: 605
Michael_ 2 days ago

Most threads are about what gear people have bought. Havnt read much about peoples own designs/builds except for some...

5.333V
replies: 33 views: 1,234
Greg Reierson 3 days ago

MFIT sucks

I just finish some masters for a client which should be published in different online distribution services. Now his label ask...

JP__
replies: 122 views: 10,373
Em2016 3 days ago

Hello there, Just wondering if anyone out there who has mastered for vinyl has used the Massive Passive's LPFs for that...

Iron Octopus
replies: 28 views: 1,205
SonicLegacy 4 days ago

Talking about analog hardware - I'm interested in the differences between fattening low end using EQ vs using transformer...

Trakworx
replies: 23 views: 929
Trakworx 4 days ago

Hi all, We are preparing to launch our first offering in the new Mastering Suite Editions units, the 1ru Stereo Germanium...

RogerFoote
replies: 106 views: 8,162
TonyS 4 days ago

Hello, I have a few questions regarding loudness normalization, plugin use and metering when producing Classical content for...

That_Violin_Guy
replies: 6 views: 424
NReichman 4 days ago

Hi all, wasn't sure to post this in here or in the "Music Computers" forum... TL;DR: I am looking for a mastering DAW...

z11111
replies: 5 views: 313
Apostolos Siopis 4 days ago

Looking for a compressor to pair with (like a yin and yang) my lovely VSC-2. I have had both Foote Compressors (lovely boxes but...

Boxtone
replies: 8 views: 514
eternalsound 4 days ago

I need a break as I've moved onto other things for a while.

eternalsound
replies: 2 views: 633
eternalsound 4 days ago

I'm in the market for a new AD/DA. And just as I'm about to settle on a Lynx Hilo, Apogee comes out with it's new...

TheMegaMan
replies: 26 views: 3,706
Paul Vnuk Jr. 4 days ago

So this new Lavry Gold Quintessence DA has been out for a couple of years now. It's replaced the now discontinued DA924 & yet...

MattGray
replies: 29 views: 5,968
Marko.G 5 days ago

I just received an e-mail from MAAT digital claiming to be releasing an upgrade to the Algorithmix PEQ Orange Linear Phase EQ...

Benj
replies: 72 views: 5,977
TimPani 5 days ago

Hi guys! Happy new year to all! I'm about to pull the trigger on a grace M905 monitor controller for my home studio. Do...

Fantomaz
replies: 4 views: 495
Hermetech Mastering 5 days ago

There's a lot of confusion about what sample rate to use for YouTube. YouTube's own guidelines for music videos Bit depth: 24...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 17 views: 2,062
Danielbest1 5 days ago

Hi I am testing different Spectrum analyzers, SPAN, Izotope Insight1/2, the Ones in Fabfilter ProQ, the one in AirEQ...

zak7
replies: 16 views: 1,469
AreYouHuman 5 days ago

Gapless playback for an album… In general but also in consideration of Spotify. I know it's possible but is there anything...

Dr.Bulbus
replies: 3 views: 426
escape set 5 days ago

Hi, As I cant demo any of them, I have asking you which one will work better as a sec compressor after Foote p3s a me. I...

obetech
replies: 14 views: 3,005
SonicLegacy 5 days ago

Since this equalizer has been discussed a bit more than usual recently & it seems quite a few mastering people are using it,...

CharlesCola
replies: 30 views: 9,099
nOiz 5 days ago

What are your go-to combinations of clipping and limiting plugins? How do you use them? When do you use them? What is the...

theMuzzl3
replies: 52 views: 4,417
Slug1 5 days ago

Any body using Ampex ATR 102 for Mastering?

hubercraft
replies: 80 views: 19,584
burns46824 5 days ago

Would you guys recommend me a master bus compressor to combine with what i have? Namely I have a Pultec EQ, followed by an...

blueNan
replies: 6 views: 770
Boxtone 6 days ago

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Prism Lyra AD side. So I'd like to know how compares Dangerous AD+ vs the Crane song...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 42 views: 6,049
Avantmidi 6 days ago

I'm wondering if a gain range modification is (reasonably easily) possible on the Avalon 2055 EQ. Has anyone ever looked into...

24-96 Mastering
replies: 25 views: 2,459
nOiz 6 days ago

the api 5500 is a great EQ to have in the rack, but unfortunately he has a hum issue which comes from the magnetic field of the...

karumba
replies: 32 views: 4,761
axisrecording 6 days ago

Sonnox announced that starting tomorrow all plugs are 50% off. So I demoed the upgraded G5 Brick Wall Limiter. I compared it to...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 96 views: 16,453
jondoe1972 1 week ago

Just converted my Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 8x8+8 Mic Preamps into an Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 2x6 SE Mastering Edition...

DarkWoods
replies: 12 views: 2,539
TanTan 1 week ago

This topic is dedicated to aiwindows plugins, but may also cover combinations of them being used along with other...

theMuzzl3
replies: 49 views: 4,988
theMuzzl3 1 week ago

Please give me your suggestions! I am mostly interested in VST Plugins, but if you swear by your hardware unit(s), I want that...

theMuzzl3
replies: 23 views: 2,294
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

I worked with an ME one time that would basically do whatever I asked. "Do you want it darker/brighter, louder, more...

Nonlinear
replies: 23 views: 1,014
Jerry Tubb 1 week ago

Today I downloaded and used Stageone on a single. I have to say I dont like wideners per se, I tend to not use them unless as...

Giuseppe Zaccaria
replies: 0 views: 352
Giuseppe Zaccaria 1 week ago

Anyone tried this? Really impressive. Not a full digital mastering EQ by any stretch, lacks a few vital tools...

Joe_caithness
replies: 20 views: 4,430
theMuzzl3 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search