The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Metering plugins - which are your favorites? Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 5th September 2017
Here for the gear

VU plugin

Has anyone checked out the LSR? It's free and looks pretty good.
Old 13th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthrill View Post
T-RackS CS Metering (looks great--kind of like what I'd imagine a Precision meter plugin from UAD would look like if they made one, it has peak, perceived loudness, phase, correlation, & a very tiny spectrum analyzer all in the same window)...
You might like the metering coming in T-RackS 5 too
Old 13th September 2017
Lives for gear

Nice UI. I really like the big knob with the gain reduction display wrapped around on the yellow compressor.
Old 16th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
You might like the metering coming in T-RackS 5 too
Actually that metering does look like a great new option to hit the market.

While there was nothing wrong with the last metering, I felt it's limited size was a let down. Of course that won't be a problem in '5. Plus you guys look to have upped the ante.
Old 16th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurend View Post
Nice UI. I really like the big knob with the gain reduction display wrapped around on the yellow compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Actually that metering does look like a great new option to hit the market.

While there was nothing wrong with the last metering, I felt it's limited seize was a let down. Of course that won't be a problem in '5. Plu you guys look to have upped the ante.
Thank you both. I have enjoyed seeing the evolution of these GUIs and am very happy with the end result. I also love the new metering and the resizing options available with T-RackS 5.
Old 18th September 2017
What I like about the Hornet is I just slap it on the master buss when I'm getting level creep. It automatically reduces level that is too high for a quick ballpark, and I can sort it out later. Fast and easy....
Old 20th September 2017
Lives for gear

waves api 2500.. waves linear low band , linear wide band.. Center, Cranesong phoenix, 2 L2's
Old 21st September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekells View Post
Also just wanted to give this great little thing a plug here .. put it on your master bus and load songs (up to 6) into as a reference songs and allows smooth A/B'ing with a few tweak options. Very handy imo.

Sample Magic "Magic AB" https://www.samplemagic.com/details/184/magic-ab
+1 here.
Old 21st September 2017
Lives for gear

Amused by the "1999 We invented Mastering Software" marketing in the T-racks 5 trailer.
Only a decade later than Sonic.
Old 21st September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaud View Post
Amused by the "1999 We invented Mastering Software" marketing in the T-racks 5 trailer.
Only a decade later than Sonic.
Proprietary workstations until 2004 when they released their first native software product...
Old 21st September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Proprietary workstations until 2004 when they released their first native software product...
Still dodgy and misleading marketing any which way you spin it, and we best not get in to the whole mastering system vs processing software discussion.
Old 21st September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaud View Post
Still dodgy and misleading marketing any which way you spin it, and we best not get in to the whole mastering system vs processing software discussion.
I suppose "we best not" as the topic of this thread is metering (which is updated in T-RackS 5 quite nicely) but I'm available via PM or we have multiple methods of contact on our site if you'd like to discuss your concerns with someone directly. I'll also relay your concerns, of course. Thank you and have a great day.

On topic, I forgot that we did subsequently publish a video specifically about the metering which would be more in-depth than the previously-posted video:
Old 5th October 2017
I must say I do love the NuGen Audio MasterCheck Pro
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Guru

PPMulator

Old 6th October 2017
Quote:
I suppose "we best not" as the topic of this thread is metering (which is updated in T-RackS 5 quite nicely) but I'm available via PM or we have multiple methods of contact on our site if you'd like to discuss your concerns with someone directly. I'll also relay your concerns, of course. Thank you and have a great day.

On topic, I forgot that we did subsequently publish a video specifically about the metering which would be more in-depth than the previously-posted video:

Can one purchase the standalone metering suite from your company? Looks great and offers a lot of info regarding the audio
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search