The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hendy Amps Michelangelo Equalisers (HW)
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomaster View Post
Has anyone tried the ECC803S-JJ long plate version? Apparently thicker mids and slightly more top end according to most descriptions.
I have tried the ECC803S in my MA when I first bought it (used.) I did a quick comparison between the original JJ's it came with, the standard JJ replacements and the 803S using the same settings on the same song just adjusting the calibration pots to match output using pink noise.

In my non-mastering studio in a well treated, um, room (OK it's a barn) on a pair of Dynaudio BM6a's with a BM9s sub, I found the 803s, compared to the standard ECC83-S to be a bit more harsh on the top and less detailed in the mids. The fresh ECC83-S sounded great compared to the set that arrived in the unit (age unknown). Both sets of 803s and 83s were balanced and matched.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search