The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audiofile Engineering Spectre DAW Software
Old 29th January 2015
Here for the gear
AU version is the one!!! ill definitely purchase when there is an AU version for my DAW
Old 17th December 2015
Gear Maniac

So, it's coming up to the end of the 4th quarter of 2015. Any word on an AAX version of Spectre yet?
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I think they're dedicating all their time to Myriad right now, though it's a really nice update for people who use Smaple Manager a lot.
Old 22nd December 2015
I use spectre on a secondary display. Easy to route signal to it with the Hilo mixer. Anything that's going to my speakers is also going to spectre. I customized an analyzer much like the mid side analyzer in equilibrium which I really like. It automatically opens when my computer starts up and I never have to wory about it.
Old 22nd December 2015
Audio Alchemist

Very cool, Mike.

I actually like the fact that it's separate from my DAWs. It has great and easy routing. Highly recommended.

I use Spectre only for checking gear, plug-ins, and other geeky stuff. It's not a tool I use during regular mastering sessions.
Old 12th February 2016
Here for the gear
Hi Guys
We run the Audiofile Engineering Spectre on a separate Mac Mini with a big screen attached. Looks beautiful, BUT... we do have huge latency problems!
The audio source will be our RME Fireface UFX with ADAT out, directly into the Mac Mini optical input. It works but there's a huge latency of about a second. Impossible to work with. We tried several things for improvement:
1. We attached a dedicated USB audio interface (SPL Crimson) to the Mac Mini, again running a digital connection between the RME Fireface UFX and the SPL Crimson. This brought down the latency to about 0.7s. Better but still impossible to work with.
2. We then skipped the digital connection and used an analog output of the RME Fireface UFX to the SPL Crimson analog input. This is by all means not ideal, but again it brought down the latency to about 0.3s.
3. We also replaced the Mac Mini with a brand new MacBook Pro, running the same setup. Again, same latency problems. So it doesn’t seem to be the Mac Mini causing the problems.
Has anyone experienced similar problems? Could you be of any assistance? We tried contacting the helpdesk of Audiofile Engineering several times, but there’s no answer or help coming from this side. So Gearsluts, you’re our last hope..

Setup: New 15” MacBook Pro (Mid 2015) with RME Fireface UFX, running Ableton Live and Bitwig at low buffer size
Mac mini (Mid 2010), 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR 3 Ram, GeForce 320M 256MB graphics card with Spectre installed, running a Samsung 40" TV, 1920 x 1080 pixels
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear
Is there something that precise out there that will show realtime peaks as good but in VST format. Sidenote: Melda meter thing is not as clear to me. Thank you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search