The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
In-ear monitors for mixing and mastering? EXPERT OPINIONS only, please.
Old 24th August 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I've been using the 846's almost daily for a few months now, they really are incredible IEMs and have changed my views on how accurate IEMs can be. The low end is great, very revealing without being hyped at all. There's some days I prefer using the 846's to my main mastering monitors even.
Old 25th August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
I've been using the 846's almost daily for a few months now, they really are incredible IEMs and have changed my views on how accurate IEMs can be. The low end is great, very revealing without being hyped at all. There's some days I prefer using the 846's to my main mastering monitors even.
Thats interresting

I'm uaing some high end monitor, and the lowest freq is 43 khz. Its enough for my room

But for that extra low end, down to 20 khz i think the se846 could work fine

How do you feel and describ the shure se846 low end, is it obvious, subtle, or a shaking type perception ?
Old 25th August 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
You can definitely hear the low end, it's almost like having subs in your ears giving you that extra little bit of extension. But it's not over the top or excessive at all. I use Tyler Acoustic D2x monitors for my mastering business, and the 846s feel just as solid on the low end as those.
Old 12th November 2017
Here for the gear

Glad I found this! I'm looking for a Sony 7506 in-ear alternative for producing and mixing while on the go (using my iPad Pro). Any solid/ equivalent or even slightly better alternatives?...or price vs sound should I just stick with the 7506?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search