The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dangerous Compressor - New at AES
Old 26th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupez View Post
So why not use a digital compressor?
Just asking, I am still learning, thanks!
IMHO Dcomp is transparent and delicate more than high-end digital comp. Dcomp does not adversely affect the sound. You can control only the dynamics.
I did not go to convince "sounds" and "release" be a high-end digital compressor. But, I am satisfied with the Dcomp clean and precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevo View Post
Sir, in what ways the RND MBP wasn't working for you? The RND MBP is a pretty powerful machine, yes? Do you find it softening transients in any way?
RND MBP is Powerful! This unit I have also very loving.
I did a comparison of MBP and Dcomp carefully. As a result, I judged that Dcomp was the optimal in many cases. So, I sold the MBP to purchase other equipment. I want a Mastering EQ....
I hope the release of Portico Master Bus EQ
Old 28th February 2019
Lives for gear

How is everyone liking their Dangerous Compressor after all of these years? I rarely use compression in my work since most of it is heavily compressed before I get it, but I must say the dangerous compressor has caught my interest the past few weeks.

Does anyone have any new thoughts on the unit after owning it for a while?
Old 10th March 2019
Gear Maniac

iam having one for one year now, and its a great versatile unit. the sound of the gain is really great, the linked function doesn't affect at all the general sound and the compression is super transparent. cant go wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchcraft View Post
How is everyone liking their Dangerous Compressor after all of these years? I rarely use compression in my work since most of it is heavily compressed before I get it, but I must say the dangerous compressor has caught my interest the past few weeks.

Does anyone have any new thoughts on the unit after owning it for a while?
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

I'm still kind of surprised that a company like Dangerous never got it together enough to make a professional version with stepped / switched controls. Considering how well suited the bax is for mastering concerning recall, I kind of expected more from Dangerous.

When this was released I remember Dangerous displaying it at AES and I asked them at the booth if they were gonna release a stepped version and the rep at the booth said that they were. I guess they were never able to figure it out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search