The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"Limiter No.6" Dynamics Plugins
Old 9th July 2017
Gear Addict

Dry mix for me too so far.

Being able to pass bits of overshoot to be managed down the line is key.

Really pleased with how it's working here so far.
Old 10th July 2017
Lives for gear

Like others in this thread, for years I've been using L6 just for the clipper, ISP protection and occasionally the HF limiter.

During the beta test period it became very apparent the GE version is in a whole 'nother league. I strongly urge everyone to dive deep into this plugin - it's remarkable how much can be achieved once you figure out the array of possibilities on offer.

Regarding the CPU, bear in mind that the processing of multiple modules within a single plugin instance is an ideal way to ensure the signal processing remains optimal throughout, as opposed to chains containing multiple plugins from multiple developers, each having different approaches to signal integrity and reduction of undesirable artifacts such as aliasing and pre-ringing. Oversampling once is better than oversampling 6 times!
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

I'm loving this thing. Gonna buy it tonight.

Haha...made the mistake of DLing the demo during a mix session a couple days ago while my client was on a business call. Figured I'd try it out to kill some time while I waited for her. Oops. Got the 2-track sounding insane. She came, listened, fell in love with it (so did I, tbh), then when I bypassed it to finalize the mix, we were both like "". Haha...first words outta my mouth were "great, pretty soon i won't need to hire mastering engineers anymore" (don't worry, gang, i was only kidding [sorta!]).

Between this and the Slick EQ mastering edition I was toying with today, this offers a seriously powerful mix buss chain that's gonna really help me dial in a more finished result for my clients. I'm psyched.
Old 14th July 2017
Fyi, the next update will include new unlinked modes for the COMPRESSOR and PEAK LIMITER modules, plus several performance improvements!
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear
Is the GE version Limiter and ISP module louder without distorting than the free version.
Old 16th July 2017
This certainly depends on your material and habits. Just try the demo in your working environment and compare.
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Would love to hear some Limitless comparisons!
Old 17th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Btw, we changed our mind and the product released with additional "low latency" mode having latency of only 16 samples (on 44.1k)
Can you put that in the next release of the Slick M? I'd love to use it on individual tracks for mixing, but precise takes up too much CPU.
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Can you put that in the next release of the Slick M? I'd love to use it on individual tracks for mixing, but precise takes up too much CPU.
SlickEQ GE with zero latency mode is on the way. (Actually it is ready for some time but we work on hardware accelerated version to release both these updates at the same time)

About SlickEQ M. Next update won't have zero latency mode but the following update most likely will have zero latency mode.

Also as SlickEQ M uses EQ filters from Nova, the next logical step is to add zero latency version of Nova.

So just wait a bit for zero latency feature to appear in all our products.
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
SlickEQ GE with zero latency mode is on the way. (Actually it is ready for some time but we work on hardware accelerated version to release both these updates at the same time)

About SlickEQ M. Next update won't have zero latency mode but the following update most likely will have zero latency mode.

Also as SlickEQ M uses EQ filters from Nova, the next logical step is to add zero latency version of Nova.

Wow, this is awesome news!

I know the differences between the Eco and Full modes in SlickEQ quite well.. what compromises (if any) have been made to create the zero-latency mode? Just curious..
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
Wow, this is awesome news!

I know the differences between the Eco and Full modes in SlickEQ quite well.. what compromises (if any) have been made to create the zero-latency mode? Just curious..
If saturation is off, the only difference is phase response. In zero latency mode you have "digital" phase response. It's a matter of taste actually. Personally I dislike digital phase but some people say that digital phase has tighter lows.

If saturation is on, minimum phase oversampling is used with its usual drawbacks as loss of phase relationship in multi mic tracks, effect accumulation on plugin stacking and lack of "hi-fi" feel. Well, it doesn't sound that bad actually :-)
Old 18th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
If saturation is off, the only difference is phase response. In zero latency mode you have "digital" phase response. It's a matter of taste actually. Personally I dislike digital phase but some people say that digital phase has tighter lows.

If saturation is on, minimum phase oversampling is used with its usual drawbacks as loss of phase relationship in multi mic tracks, effect accumulation on plugin stacking and lack of "hi-fi" feel. Well, it doesn't sound that bad actually :-)
Cool! That means I can track (monitor) through SlickEQ and then switch to a different mode later if I want "analogue" phase response.. I've always thought SlickEQ would make a fantastic tracking EQ!
Old 18th July 2017
TDR Limiter 6 GE updated to version 1.0.1

This maintenance update includes several performance optimizations, new unlinked options to the Compressor and Peak Limiter modules (Alt + click the LR button on top of these module), and a 16bit dither option.

TDR Limiter 6 GE | Tokyo Dawn Records

License holders find updated installers in their accounts.
Old 19th July 2017
Quote:

Wait? What is this "wait" you speak of? Is it explained in the manual anywhere?
Old 19th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Wait? What is this "wait" you speak of? Is it explained in the manual anywhere?
LOLs
Old 19th July 2017
“He that can have patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

We're already working on non causal project management, but aren't there yet, though
Old 22nd July 2017
Lives for gear
Limiter 6 makes limiting fun. What a great tool. You outdid yourselves.

Everything I could dream of, is built into this. Anyways, back to it, I have to get more practice in. "Practice?"
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Nut

Verified Member
dB ftw

Quote:
We offer 2 dry/wet mix modes (changed by double clicking on "dry mix" label). Which one do you prefer, btw?
Definitely dB over %. Nice job giving peeps a choice though.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search